Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The Rugby League Thread ...

The Rugby League Thread ...

Old Apr 10th 2009, 11:51 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Rugby League Thread ...

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power View Post
Not that good ...they were knackered that was obvious ....but even in defeat I'm proud of the Wigan performance.Better than it has been for awhile ...Noble will be on his way back to Bradford ...and please God I hope he takes Fielden with him ...for ages I have laughed at Thydneys thinly veiled hatred of the guy ...after today ...the old dog has a point

Another interesting point ...todays games were viewable via StuSports ...some guy in Saints land who broadcasts the rugby league games on the net ...we watched Sheff-Donny (very entertaining) then the main event ....there is a chat box aside the screen...today was the biggest crowd internet wise ..loads of people from France..didn't go down well with some of the norths finest ...all the french babble popping up ...had one or two good conversations myself ..but ...anyways ...some interesting rumours ...readon out at wire was old news but .....Noble off back to the steam pigs and Trent Barrett back at Wigan ...plus Morley on the move ...
LMAO you know Saints were under pressure last night and they brought Fielden on I thought thank **** for that the donkey will drop it and behold first touch
Thinly veiled? I must work at that The blokes a big soft glass jawed donkey.
The ref made a few donkey decisions last night and I'm not including the two tries. Saints were knackered good job wigin are crap as they were there for the taking.
Old Apr 10th 2009, 8:53 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney View Post
LMAO you know Saints were under pressure last night and they brought Fielden on I thought thank **** for that the donkey will drop it and behold first touch
Thinly veiled? I must work at that The blokes a big soft glass jawed donkey.
I agree with him

Somebody get me a doctor ...or a stiff drink....
Old Apr 10th 2009, 8:55 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with him

Somebody get me a doctor ...or a stiff drink....
Well if you want a stiff one I'm sure maurice would oblige
Old Apr 11th 2009, 12:59 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Thydney View Post
Thinly veiled? I must work at that The blokes a big soft glass jawed donkey.The ref made a few donkey decisions last night and I'm not including the two tries. Saints were knackered good job wigin are crap as they were there for the taking.
Dont beat about the bush!!
Old Apr 11th 2009, 7:11 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bill drinkwater View Post
Wigan-Saints on CH9 here tonight 11pm,Bulls-Rhinos sunday afternoon.
Another 2 points blown by Quins
We got our 2 points

What do we all think about the 2 ref system boys??

Personally I'm not enjoying the footie as much since the introduction of the 2 refs. I think the game has speeded up too much resulting in too many handling errors and loss of defensive play. There is too much emphasis on points scoring now and the error count has gone up accordingly.

I would much rather watch a tight defensive game with a score of 10-6 or even 4-0 than the 42-14's and 40-24's we have seen over the last couple of rounds.

Phil Gould (bless 'im ) commented last week that the players were having problems holding onto the ball or receiving passes but surelay that has something to do with trying to play the game at 100 miles an hour and score off every play. Quality has to suffer somewhere but that is just my thoughts whats yours?
Old Apr 14th 2009, 3:13 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

:curse::curse::curse: bunch of over paid ...over rated muppets .....Wigan of course ....it was the most inept souless display ever .....

Good on Salford though ...only their third win in 50 years at Leeds ...

...and just to give me a smile in a day full of woe Wanky lost again ...

Why is it only the losing coaches mention fatigue...they are supposed to be finely tuned professional athletes ....years ago it was six 12 hour shifts down't mine 4 gallon of bitter 26 meat pies and 2 games at Easter ...they did it with ease.....Like Johnathan Davis said modern day players are "pampered and soft"
Old Apr 14th 2009, 12:35 pm
Not dead yet

:curse::curse::curse: bunch of over paid ...over rated muppets .....Wigan of course ....it was the most inept souless display ever .....

Good on Salford though ...only their third win in 50 years at Leeds ...

...and just to give me a smile in a day full of woe Wanky lost again ...

Why is it only the losing coaches mention fatigue...they are supposed to be finely tuned professional athletes ....years ago it was six 12 hour shifts down't mine 4 gallon of bitter 26 meat pies and 2 games at Easter ...they did it with ease.....Like Johnathan Davis said modern day players are "pampered and soft"
TBH CoP even I'm not laughing anymore (well just smirking) it's like kicking a cripple. Atheletes? I thought Palesena was called Iefeta or something I realised the other day what they are saying is 'ere fatty.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

A bit off topic (its not league!) but i know 1 or 2 of you on here like this sort of thing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46V2Jg6AujE&feature=dir
Old Apr 17th 2009, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Is Justin Morgan the biggest whinging coach in SL?? I reckon so,he just cant shut his pie-hole
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugb...kr/7999569.stm
Old Apr 18th 2009, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Taxi for Macnamara ??
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugb...ue/7999862.stm
Old Apr 18th 2009, 8:47 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Don't slam the door on your way out Steve

Loz x
Old Apr 19th 2009, 5:45 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

A bit off topic (its not league!) but i know 1 or 2 of you on here like this sort of thing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46V2Jg6AujE&feature=dir
Not a bad bit of biff ....
Old Apr 20th 2009, 11:57 am
loz
this is home!!

anybody going to the Aus v NZ game on 8th May?

Loz x
Old Apr 20th 2009, 3:26 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Originally Posted by loz View Post
anybody going to the Aus v NZ game on 8th May?

Loz x
I'm gonna give it a miss still if its on TV I'll look out for you
Old Apr 20th 2009, 9:38 pm
loz
this is home!!

I'm gonna give it a miss still if its on TV I'll look out for you

If its like last year you won't be able to miss us.................the only 2 people wearing aussie shirts in a sea of Bro's we had a good time but.
Luckily all the kiwis were there to watch their team and have a bevvie or 6 and there was no hassle just good natured banter.
Was a bit scary at first

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.