Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The Rugby League Thread ...

The Rugby League Thread ...

Old Mar 22nd 2009, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The Rugby League Thread ...

Very good game,Ryan Bailey was annoying again though,how many times did he come in as 3rd man on a tackle and start pulling and lifting legs??Someone will cop a bad injury like that.And can he give Roby his shirt back pease!
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 12:10 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bill drinkwater View Post
Very good game,Ryan Bailey was annoying again though,how many times did he come in as 3rd man on a tackle and start pulling and lifting legs??Someone will cop a bad injury like that.And can he give Roby his shirt back pease!
It's funny you should say that I was thinking there were a few tackles aimed at causing injury. I still can't believe it wasn't given as a high tackle FFS his nose was all over his face.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

Has been widely reported here in Oz that Hasam El-Masri has just become the highest ever points scorer in RL,a fantastic achievement by a great kicker and a great role model for RL,but whatever happened to guys like Neil Fox and Jim Sullivans point scoring exploits,both have more than El-Masri,Fox by quite a margin i would think?? Maybe Aussies dont recognise non-Australian points scorers ?
Oh and last year was the 100 year centenary of Rugby League,apparently!!
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:33 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Has been widely reported here in Oz that Hasam El-Masri has just become the highest ever points scorer in RL,a fantastic achievement by a great kicker and a great role model for RL,but whatever happened to guys like Neil Fox and Jim Sullivans point scoring exploits,both have more than El-Masri,Fox by quite a margin i would think?? Maybe Aussies dont recognise non-Australian points scorers ?
Oh and last year was the 100 year centenary of Rugby League,apparently!!
El Mazri still at the Bulldogs? I remember him when we went to Oz in 95 he was a crackin player then ,can't have much career left can he lol.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 12:08 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

What the hell is going on at Wakefield?????????

The game scheduled as the Sky game yesterday between Wakefield Wildcats and Celtic Crusaders was cancelled at short notice following the death of 21 year old Wakefield Academy player Leon Walker who collapsed in the 63rd minute of the A team game being played in Wales. Leon collapsed after being tackled and was airlifted out but pronounced dead on arrival at hospital.

This is the 2nd shock death of a Wakefield player in 6 months following the loss of Adam Watene. Is there something lacking in the medical screening of players at Wakefield or were they both just 'sudden deaths'?

If is the former it is a disgrace that these players are not being given the best
medical screening and care available. After all a team is nothing without players and anybody who pulls on a jersey and takes the knocks doled out on a weekly basis should be afforded the best medical care possible.

If it is the later then it is just something that could not have been prevented but the questions need to be asked.

Our sincere condolences go to Leon's family',friends and team mates.

I hope the club steps up to the plate and gives them all the support they can and takes steps to ensure that they do everything they can to prevent things like this from happening again.

Loz x
Old Mar 24th 2009, 3:25 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

This could get me in trouble ....but ...could it be that the players were taking a stimulant..one that is not strictly kosher or trying to mask said stimulent with something else....just so strange that 2 super fit athletes should suffer such untimely deaths....
Old Mar 24th 2009, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power View Post
This could get me in trouble ....but ...could it be that the players were taking a stimulant..one that is not strictly kosher or trying to mask said stimulent with something else....just so strange that 2 super fit athletes should suffer such untimely deaths....
Similar theories have been banded about on other forums,hopefully no truth to them and its just a very sad coincidence.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 5:50 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

It certainly makes you wonder doesn't it? When we were in England and involved with the club there were a couple of instances where players had 'dabbled' with illicit substances but Wakefield were very good at shipping the problem players elsewhere.
Maybe if they had addressed the problem 'in house' situations like this.........if indeed that is what has happened...............and I am not saying for one minute it is, just theorising..........may not happen.

The RFL have announced a full enquiry into the tragedy so maybe some light will be shed when they complete their investigations.

Either way it is to be hoped everything is conducted in the open and some answers are forthcoming.

Still, another very sad day for Rugby League in general and Wakefield in particular.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:25 am
Not dead yet

The RL is investigating some of the tackles in Fridays game specifically Diskin
Old Mar 26th 2009, 3:58 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney View Post
The RL is investigating some of the tackles in Fridays game specifically Diskin
Who was found not guilty
Old Mar 26th 2009, 4:26 pm
Not dead yet

Who was found not guilty
indeed
Leeds tactics seemed to be 'all pile on' in the tackle reminded me of summers as primary school
Old Mar 26th 2009, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

So misunderstood is Leon...apparently hes really a peacemaker according to his solicitor...hope he likes porridge,and i dont mean the tv show.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...de/7966621.stm
Old Mar 27th 2009, 5:36 am
Illinois Rapscallion

So misunderstood is Leon...apparently hes really a peacemaker according to his solicitor...hope he likes porridge,and i dont mean the tv show.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...de/7966621.stm
Just read the article...FFS...they are not the Kray twins and the ponce accepts he had a weapon..albeit a girls rounders bat .....if Radford and Pryce had been ordinary blokes this would never had made court ..."hit his head on a pedal bin" ?????
I've seen people literally torn apart ..no worries ..no excuses..
Radfords wife ****s about and she has 3 bruises ..LOL...maybe I live in a different world ..but ....
Old Mar 27th 2009, 9:05 am
Not dead yet

Just read the article...FFS...they are not the Kray twins and the ponce accepts he had a weapon..albeit a girls rounders bat .....if Radford and Pryce had been ordinary blokes this would never had made court ..."hit his head on a pedal bin" ?????
I've seen people literally torn apart ..no worries ..no excuses..
Radfords wife ****s about and she has 3 bruises ..LOL...maybe I live in a different world ..but ....
The reason for the jail threat is that it's classed as domestic violence. I do agree it's bullshit but the judicial system over here is bull FFS jail for shoving someone.
Old Mar 27th 2009, 5:17 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Originally Posted by Thydney View Post
The reason for the jail threat is that it's classed as domestic violence. I do agree it's bullshit but the judicial system over here is bull FFS jail for shoving someone.
Maybe I should move back to the UK ....the wife hits me on the head with a frying pan everytime I stagger in from the bar ....infact there's the beginings of an indentation on the left side of the skull ...it reads ..LAFET

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.