Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The Rugby League Thread ...

The Rugby League Thread ...

Old Nov 22nd 2008, 8:14 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Rugby League Thread ...

Originally Posted by Thydney View Post
I should imagine it would. If my auntie had a willy she'd be my uncle
RDRR

2 hours to go before the final ...just got home from the bar(bastards had us work till 11.30pm instead of 9.30pm just because of friggin Thanksgiving) ...its f-in freezing here in Illinois ...do I stay up with the amber nectar flowing and watch the game live ....or go to bed and dream of NZ winning by 50 .....ok bed then wake up to read the news that a buch of convicts won ...

btw ...love this youtube vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JFbr5zYpqA
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 10:20 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

heee!!heee!! ....stayed up ...NZ just hit the front ...great game so far
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 10:45 am
Illinois Rapscallion

penalty try

typical convicts
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 11:01 am
Illinois Rapscallion

a rugby league miracle ....

a team with pride coached by a man with pride ......England had a second rate Aussie ...
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 11:27 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

At last an English ref and English video jockey come right for a NZ team in the final.........wonder if any of me mates have noticed???
Where are all the Aussies when you need em???
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

Well done to the Kiwis,jeez the last 10 mins i was as stressed as if it had been England playing,great performance full of pride and guts,after going down early they could have folded,what a second half...
Wouldnt say the Aussies are an over-confident or arrogant but there was a half page add in the Telegraph to buy a limited framed print of "australia 2008 world champions".....,you would have thought they might have waited till winning the cup before placing the add in the paper on the day of the game,although the small print did say in the event of Australia losing anyone who had ordered would get a refund!!
How about making Lockyer man-of-match...reminds me a bit of the old Bryan Robson syndrome at Man Utd where they just have to put their boots on to win the award
Old Nov 28th 2008, 9:06 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb...ue/7745915.stm

two words, bad loser
Old Nov 28th 2008, 9:14 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched that link the boy Geyer likes to dish it out then run off
Old Dec 5th 2008, 8:16 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

St Helens chairman Eamonn McManus has criticised changes to the play-off system, due to take effect from 2009.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugb...ue/7765750.stm

He was hoping that Saints could choose their opponents for the final not the semi......that way they could at least stand a chance of winning
Old Dec 6th 2008, 11:38 am
Not dead yet

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power View Post
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugb...ue/7765750.stm

He was hoping that Saints could choose their opponents for the final not the semi......that way they could at least stand a chance of winning
TBH I think they're a load of pap. Another stupid idea from murdoch.
Old Dec 6th 2008, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

Marvelous!! After getting totally outclassed in the world cup heres an idea to reward MEDIOCRITY IN THE GAME!! Give a side or two that may well have lost more games then they have won some reward! Blimey,even Quins could make the play-offs at this rate! :curse:
Old Dec 7th 2008, 6:21 am
Illinois Rapscallion

I'll give it a go (not like Wigan will be in the position to choose an opponent for at leat 3 years).....the playoff's now and again produce great games ...Leeds-Wigan from the last season being a perfect example but for the most part they go to script ....something that maybe throws in the odd spanner may work
Old Dec 7th 2008, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power View Post
I'll give it a go (not like Wigan will be in the position to choose an opponent for at leat 3 years).....the playoff's now and again produce great games ...Leeds-Wigan from the last season being a perfect example but for the most part they go to script ....something that maybe throws in the odd spanner may work
Not too fussed about the top teams choosing,although i would rather not have it,i just dont agree with a side finishing 8th,being given a crack at winning it!Next they will be having some sort of comp for the sides that finish in the bottom half
Old Dec 8th 2008, 3:02 pm
Not dead yet

Originally Posted by bill drinkwater View Post
Not too fussed about the top teams choosing,although i would rather not have it,i just dont agree with a side finishing 8th,being given a crack at winning it!Next they will be having some sort of comp for the sides that finish in the bottom half
Oh dear how sad

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb...ue/7770799.stm

another badf loser bites the dust
Old Dec 8th 2008, 6:22 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Originally Posted by Thydney View Post
Oh dear how sad

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb...ue/7770799.stm

another badf loser bites the dust
Some weeks later and the Aussie's are still reeling from the shock of losing to a better team
Stuart always was a bit of a wanker...

Wonder what the Aussie's think of Wayne Bennett....he must have been called a traitor by some pundits .....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.