Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The Rugby League Thread ...

The Rugby League Thread ...

Old Nov 16th 2008, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The Rugby League Thread ...

Shameful !!
Old Nov 17th 2008, 3:52 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by loz View Post

I just feel sorry for the poor buggers that paid a fortune to come over and watch the pile of crap and listen to the endless excuses.
At least they get a holiday out of it - I'm paying ridiculous Money to fly down from Mt Isa to watch Australia trounce the Kiwis then fly home again the next day :curse::curse::curse:
Old Nov 17th 2008, 2:07 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

So which England players came out of it well?

Mine are
Burrows
Higham
Westwood
the rest were well under par for what ever reason.
Old Nov 17th 2008, 11:52 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bill drinkwater View Post
Shameful !!
Come on Bill did you HONESTLY think it would turn out any different

I think the only team from the home nations to come out of this with any pride is Ireland and Andy Kelly needs congratulating for the way he's put a 'scratch' team together and the team can hold their heads up n
knowing they gave their best.

Tony Smith can't put his hand on his heart (or the players) and say they gave their best after that shambles on Saturday:curse::curse:

Loz x

Postscript................hope Gareth Ellis likes sitting on the bench because I think he is gonna spend a lot of time their when he goes to the Tigers (or he'll have to enjoy Wizard Cup footy!!!!).
Old Nov 18th 2008, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by loz View Post
Come on Bill did you HONESTLY think it would turn out any different

I think the only team from the home nations to come out of this with any pride is Ireland and Andy Kelly needs congratulating for the way he's put a 'scratch' team together and the team can hold their heads up n
knowing they gave their best.

Tony Smith can't put his hand on his heart (or the players) and say they gave their best after that shambles on Saturday:curse::curse:

Loz x

Postscript................hope Gareth Ellis likes sitting on the bench because I think he is gonna spend a lot of time their when he goes to the Tigers (or he'll have to enjoy Wizard Cup footy!!!!).
Thought Ireland did really well,they were my wooden spoon tip,Scotland played with a bit of pride,but England were just spineless.I can take losing,but the manner in which we performed throughout the whole comp stinks...i just cant help feeling there is more to it...maybe something will come out in the media,cos i honestly thought we were a lot better than we showed !!
Will be interested to see if any changes are brought in regarding quotas etc now ??
Old Nov 18th 2008, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Thought Ireland did really well,they were my wooden spoon tip,Scotland played with a bit of pride,but England were just spineless.I can take losing,but the manner in which we performed throughout the whole comp stinks...i just cant help feeling there is more to it...maybe something will come out in the media,cos i honestly thought we were a lot better than we showed !!
Will be interested to see if any changes are brought in regarding quotas etc now ??
I think we need to have 1 non english Marquee player per team - if other Aussies/Kiwis want to come over using they're British Passport they should be made to pledge availability for England.

and yes I know my team has been more guilty then most of bringing in cheap imports but things need to change.

Interesting that people thought France would do well on the back of Catalans good couple of seasons - seems most forgot that most of their team are imports!!!

and I'll continue my rant about reform for improvement of the game - We need a 3 League tier international structure

Tier 1 - Australia, NZ, England & France
Tier 2 - Other World Cup Nations
Tier 3 - Nations that did not qualify

Tier 2 Winner to play last place tier 1 team with winner to play in following years tier 1

tier 3 winner to play last place tier 2 with winner to play in following years tier 2

this would hopefully make internationals more meaningful and maybe make 1 or 2 NRL players actually play for there home nation instead of opting for kangaroos or Kiwis

here endeth the rant and rave!!!!!!
Old Nov 18th 2008, 5:02 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco View Post
I think we need to have 1 non english Marquee player per team - if other Aussies/Kiwis want to come over using they're British Passport they should be made to pledge availability for England.

and yes I know my team has been more guilty then most of bringing in cheap imports but things need to change.

Interesting that people thought France would do well on the back of Catalans good couple of seasons - seems most forgot that most of their team are imports!!!

and I'll continue my rant about reform for improvement of the game - We need a 3 League tier international structure

Tier 1 - Australia, NZ, England & France
Tier 2 - Other World Cup Nations
Tier 3 - Nations that did not qualify

Tier 2 Winner to play last place tier 1 team with winner to play in following years tier 1

tier 3 winner to play last place tier 2 with winner to play in following years tier 2

this would hopefully make internationals more meaningful and maybe make 1 or 2 NRL players actually play for there home nation instead of opting for kangaroos or Kiwis

here endeth the rant and rave!!!!!!
It'll all end in tiers
Old Nov 18th 2008, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Thydney View Post
It'll all end in tiers
Only if your English
Old Nov 18th 2008, 8:29 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Mine are
Burrows
Higham
Westwood

OK next question ....
Old Nov 19th 2008, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Mine are
Burrows
Higham
Westwood
Really wanted him to grab a game by the scruff of the neck here to show the Aussies what he can do,but it never happened unfortunately!
Higham i have always liked,cant understand why hes never stated at a club longer though
Westwoods tough as old boots,will get a run now for sure with the expected retirements coming up.
At least the GB Armed Defence Forces showed some b0llocks,beating the Aussie(twice) and Kiwis on route to winning the cup again!
Old Nov 19th 2008, 8:46 pm
Not dead yet

Really wanted him to grab a game by the scruff of the neck here to show the Aussies what he can do,but it never happened unfortunately!
Higham i have always liked,cant understand why hes never stated at a club longer though
Westwoods tough as old boots,will get a run now for sure with the expected retirements coming up.
At least the GB Armed Defence Forces showed some b0llocks,beating the Aussie(twice) and Kiwis on route to winning the cup again!
Higham followed Millward to Saints them on to wigin as they're shit he's off to wanky
Old Nov 20th 2008, 8:17 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Higham followed Millward to Saints them on to wigin as they're shit he's off to wanky
Not really climbing the tree any higher though is he ....a bit like Millward ...

Always rated Higham ....its a poor decision from Wigan ....but then again par for the course ...
Old Nov 20th 2008, 10:37 pm
Not dead yet

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power View Post
Not really climbing the tree any higher though is he ....a bit like Millward ...

Always rated Higham ....its a poor decision from Wigan ....but then again par for the course ...
Well he shot himself in the foot by going to wigin should of held out for a place at the Saints
Old Nov 21st 2008, 6:54 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Well he shot himself in the foot by going to wigin should of held out for a place at the Saints

Maybe .....he should have never become entangled in the menage a trois ..... in the end I suppose he just wanted to play for Millward.....now had Wigan secured Higham and kept Terry Newton things in Super League may have been different .....
Old Nov 21st 2008, 8:06 pm
Not dead yet

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power View Post

Maybe .....he should have never become entangled in the menage a trois ..... in the end I suppose he just wanted to play for Millward.....now had Wigan secured Higham and kept Terry Newton things in Super League may have been different .....
I should imagine it would. If my auntie had a willy she'd be my uncle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.