Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The Rugby League Thread ...

The Rugby League Thread ...

Old Oct 25th 2008, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The Rugby League Thread ...

or here maybe....
http://nrl.com/tabid/10758/Default.aspx
Old Oct 25th 2008, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

Take the BBC RLWC mini-quiz...got 7/10 not too bad..and no cheating please,honest scores thanks
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugb...ue/7676597.stm
Old Oct 25th 2008, 2:21 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bill drinkwater View Post
Take the BBC RLWC mini-quiz...got 7/10 not too bad..and no cheating please,honest scores thanks
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugb...ue/7676597.stm
LMAO 4/10
Old Oct 26th 2008, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Thydney View Post
LMAO 4/10
6 out 10
Old Oct 27th 2008, 7:22 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Ok the BBC quiz crashes on question 5 every time ...it must be Leon Price ...up till that point I had 4 out of 4 ....tried it with IE and Firefox and it crashes in the same place
Old Oct 27th 2008, 7:27 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

7/10 ...I got the Leon Price question wrong ...points scored by Australia and who joined Jason Robinson in scoring ...not bad though
Old Oct 27th 2008, 9:53 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power View Post
Ok the BBC quiz crashes on question 5 every time ...it must be Leon Price ...up till that point I had 4 out of 4 ....tried it with IE and Firefox and it crashes in the same place
Leon Price? My were the era after Albert Rosen
Old Oct 27th 2008, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Thydney View Post
Leon Price? My were the era after Albert Rosen
During the War!!!!!!
Old Oct 31st 2008, 6:39 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

I have a funny feeling England is going to turn the Aussies over ....on balance the English pack looks bigger and more mobile and for once the Aussie's have the old men up front ...24-10 to England
Old Nov 1st 2008, 6:57 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

I have a funny feeling England is going to turn the Aussies over ....on balance the English pack looks bigger and more mobile and for once the Aussie's have the old men up front ...24-10 to England
Have you been on the whacky baccy....................................... they struggled against PNG but then again stranger things have happened.

Talking of PNG just HOW OLD is Stan the man Gene? My money's on 43 (but his face looks 93!!) any advance?
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 5:05 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Originally Posted by loz View Post
Have you been on the whacky baccy....................................... they struggled against PNG but then again stranger things have happened.

Talking of PNG just HOW OLD is Stan the man Gene? My money's on 43 (but his face looks 93!!) any advance?
Its a good brand of whacky....

Watched the game this morning (found its airing live of espn360 here in the USA).....:curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse ::curse:

England had a great chance in the first half to post some points, but looked disorganised close to the line.After that:curse::curse:

They picked out Gleeson as a weak defender and they were right Price and Garderner were working overtime in the first half to plug the gaps left by him....take Price out and put in McGuire and your in big trouble as the lad carn't tackle a fish dinner let alone an Aussie

Maybe next time
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Its a good brand of whacky....

Watched the game this morning (found its airing live of espn360 here in the USA).....:curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse ::curse:

England had a great chance in the first half to post some points, but looked disorganised close to the line.After that:curse::curse:

They picked out Gleeson as a weak defender and they were right Price and Garderner were working overtime in the first half to plug the gaps left by him....take Price out and put in McGuire and your in big trouble as the lad carn't tackle a fish dinner let alone an Aussie

Maybe next time
I honestly still think we can beat them but its obvious that we will still only be able to win the odd match here and there - that being said I'd rather beat them in the final then a pool match
Old Nov 4th 2008, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco View Post
I honestly still think we can beat them but its obvious that we will still only be able to win the odd match here and there - that being said I'd rather beat them in the final then a pool match
,so did i before the tournament started,but they seem light years ahead of us still.The annoying thing was we never showed any bollocks when we were getting stuffed,i copped shitloads down the pub from the Aussies,i have to say i felt ashamed of our team!!The world cup looks maybe a step too far for the likes of Wellens,Senior,Gleeson and Pryce.Cant really see how we can turn it around without the aid of drugs !!
Old Nov 4th 2008, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bill drinkwater View Post
,so did i before the tournament started,but they seem light years ahead of us still.The annoying thing was we never showed any bollocks when we were getting stuffed,i copped shitloads down the pub from the Aussies,i have to say i felt ashamed of our team!!The world cup looks maybe a step too far for the likes of Wellens,Senior,Gleeson and Pryce.Cant really see how we can turn it around without the aid of drugs !!
If we get to the final we will have played 2 tough games against the Kiwis hopefully winning a confidence boosting semi final - In contrast the Aussies will have had 2 walk over games and will assume they just have to turn up to win.

The humilation of the last game will have the boys up for it adnd hopefully they can get to half time within cooey instead of switching off - then who knows

I Know what u mean as my in laws(who I am going to the final with) are both Aussies and now reckon the Kiwis will raut us as well - God I'd love to shock them in the final

Wonder If God has a sense of humour - if he did an England Victory over the Aussies in the last minute would be heaven sent
Old Nov 5th 2008, 11:16 am
Not dead yet

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco View Post
If we get to the final we will have played 2 tough games against the Kiwis hopefully winning a confidence boosting semi final - In contrast the Aussies will have had 2 walk over games and will assume they just have to turn up to win.

The humilation of the last game will have the boys up for it adnd hopefully they can get to half time within cooey instead of switching off - then who knows

I Know what u mean as my in laws(who I am going to the final with) are both Aussies and now reckon the Kiwis will raut us as well - God I'd love to shock them in the final

Wonder If God has a sense of humour - if he did an England Victory over the Aussies in the last minute would be heaven sent
My favourite name of the tournament Wayne Kerr of Ireland

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.