Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The Rugby League Thread ...

The Rugby League Thread ...

Old Oct 15th 2008, 2:07 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Rugby League Thread ...

Originally Posted by bill drinkwater View Post
Classic Jiffy and a change of underwear for Ray French after that!!
Good to see Blobby Goulding,shame he wasted his talent.
I don't think it was completely wasted he was the key signing thet got the Saints into winning ways
Old Oct 15th 2008, 7:55 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney View Post
I don't think it was completely wasted he was the key signing thet got the Saints into winning ways
If he had kept his arse out of the pub then he would have gone on to great things ...and demanding more money every few weeks kinda pissed off most club directors...

BTW...........Nice to see you Loz
Old Oct 15th 2008, 8:23 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJjAF...eature=related

Love this clip ....listen to the tv guys .....they love the biff ....Eddie and Stevo would be calling it a disgrace ...bring back the biff!!
Old Oct 16th 2008, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by loz View Post
Hi boys,

Been off here for a while due to work, looking to buy a house and finding out my eldest daughter and family have started the visa process to come out here next year. Just found out about the sad passing of Adam and can't believe that in such a short space of time tragedy has hit at Wakefield 3 times!
Will be sending a message of condolence via the club to go to Adams' family and friends and fellow players.

On a lighter note are we all ready for the world cup? I know the first of the official supporters tours is due to touch down on Oz soil this Sunday so it will soon be time to play 'spot the rugby speccie'.

Will be at Suncorp for the semi and final so may see some of you in the Caxton for a swift pint

Loz x
Welcome back Loz,yes its been a bad run for Wakey eh?
Funnily enough i was driving through Palm Beach today and saw a geezer in an old puma GB shirt carrying a slab of beer on his shoulder and thought to myself...here come the Poms...
Old Oct 16th 2008, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

The Poms have landed and this clip is getting plenty of air time already !
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=VWqvmGddkyw
Personally i prefer this one..
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=VWqvmGddkyw
Old Oct 16th 2008, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Thydney View Post
Dont rub the pie-eaters noses in it!
Old Oct 17th 2008, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

My England World cup shirt arrived today - very snazzy!
Old Oct 17th 2008, 7:11 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco View Post
My England World cup shirt arrived today - very snazzy!
Don't go to the stadiums too early !! ......you might end up getting a game

Quite some time ago.....my brothers,friends and I travelled over to the dark depth's of Yorkshire to watch a game ....Wakefield I think?... but could be wrong ....as always we arrived early, found a good boozer and set about the bitter with gusto (Timmy Taylors if possible .....)
There in the bar was a king amongst props ...Roy Dickinson.....quaffing his beer and smoking his head off .....3.10(ish) we head to the ground and mingle with the other hardy souls ....scoffing a luke warm 7 day old pie .....there again we see Roy ...pie and pint held firmly in his mitt's ....3.15 ....the tannoy cranks into action and blares out " Roy Dickinson to the players tunnel ....Roy Dickinson "......3.27 the teams enter the field of battle .....the teams are announced ..and yes ..."number 15 Roy Dickinson"

He must have been on the best side of 15 pints ...40 cigs and 3 meat and potato pies ....everytime he went into the tackle we expected him to start spewing his ring ....or have piss at the side of the posts ..
Old Oct 18th 2008, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

,good story,bit before my time i think....
http://www.eraofthebiff.com/p21-yarn-03.html
Old Oct 18th 2008, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

http://www.eraofthebiff.com/p21-yarn-01.html
Old Oct 18th 2008, 9:32 am
Illinois Rapscallion

,good story,bit before my time i think....
http://www.eraofthebiff.com/p21-yarn-03.html
Cheeky monkey ....Roy's 10 or so years older than myself ...played against him once in an A team game ...Rochdale Hornets were at their pinnacle then .....he did half a game ...nothing special ...Brendan Hill ....now he was a different animal ...240 pounds different
Old Oct 19th 2008, 1:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Predictions for saturdays game for England against PNG in Townsville??
Although i think PNG will put up god resistance for 30 mins or so,i think an England win by about 22 in the end...38-16
Old Oct 19th 2008, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

England 42 -10

Not sure about your neck of the woods Bill but up here it seems to be taken for granted that Australia will destroy NZ in the final - nobody seems to even consider England a threat because apparently we are weaker for splitting the home nations correct me If I am wrong but only English players played in last years flogging of NZ???
Old Oct 19th 2008, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco View Post
England 42 -10

Not sure about your neck of the woods Bill but up here it seems to be taken for granted that Australia will destroy NZ in the final - nobody seems to even consider England a threat because apparently we are weaker for splitting the home nations correct me If I am wrong but only English players played in last years flogging of NZ???
Pretty much the case here as well,love the interview with Lockyer when asked about England said he didnt know who was in the squad but Long(retired) and Sculthorpe(biscuit bones) were both dangerous....mind games,or ignorance
The only player who may have had the slightest sniff from Scotland or Ireland would be Danny Brough..and thats a long shot.
All things being even Aus should win,but we have shown in the last few series we can beat them and beat them in Aus.We just have to play with intensity for the full 80,not 75 mins as we have done in the past.
We have got the better pack,but cant see where the tries will come from.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Pretty much the case here as well,love the interview with Lockyer when asked about England said he didnt know who was in the squad but Long(retired) and Sculthorpe(biscuit bones) were both dangerous....mind games,or ignorance
The only player who may have had the slightest sniff from Scotland or Ireland would be Danny Brough..and thats a long shot.
All things being even Aus should win,but we have shown in the last few series we can beat them and beat them in Aus.We just have to play with intensity for the full 80,not 75 mins as we have done in the past.
We have got the better pack,but cant see where the tries will come from.
I'm happy for us to fly under the radar and surprise them - did u read article from Wally Lewis saying that QLD and NSW should enter the cup as they would probably still win it - smacks of arrogance and disrespect how i'd love us or even the Kiwis to win it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.