Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The Rugby League Thread ...

The Rugby League Thread ...

Old Aug 14th 2008, 12:37 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Rugby League Thread ...

Originally Posted by bill drinkwater View Post
He WAS a class act,but looks like hes become a salary cap liability for Saints..
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugb...ns/7559207.stm
I think it's more the fact that he is crocked beyond repair, it's a shame but he isn't the first or last who's career ended because of injury. Given his career I think Saints have been more than fair and stood by him.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Thydney View Post
I think it's more the fact that he is crocked beyond repair, it's a shame but he isn't the first or last who's career ended because of injury. Given his career I think Saints have been more than fair and stood by him.
Yeh but more importantly Mark McLinden Is leaving Quins at the end of the season
Old Aug 14th 2008, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

Yep,real shame to see Marty leave,but he has been great for us.Apparently his illness and troubles with his stomach were far worse than was let on to the fans during his long lay-off,and there were grave fears for his long term future.For me hes up there with the Peter Gills,Jimmy Dymocks,Tulsen Tollets,and Steele Retchlesses of the club.
Old Aug 15th 2008, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco View Post
Yeh but more importantly Mark McLinden Is leaving Quins at the end of the season
And guess where he is heading????........
Up your neck of the woods,Queensland Reds on a 2 year deal to play union!!,bit shocked,i honestly thought he was going to retire with the health and fitness problems he had this season.
Old Aug 15th 2008, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Yep,real shame to see Marty leave,but he has been great for us.Apparently his illness and troubles with his stomach were far worse than was let on to the fans during his long lay-off,and there were grave fears for his long term future.For me hes up there with the Peter Gills,Jimmy Dymocks,Tulsen Tollets,and Steele Retchlesses of the club.
Cant believe u left Terry Matterson off that list!!!!!
Old Aug 15th 2008, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yeah "toe-punt" Terry,loved his kicking style,Steve Roselen,Scott Roskell,Lee Hopkins,and the way hes heading,Rob Purdham as well would all make it onto my list of all time favs!!
Old Aug 15th 2008, 4:33 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah "toe-punt" Terry,loved his kicking style,Steve Roselen,Scott Roskell,Lee Hopkins,and the way hes heading,Rob Purdham as well would all make it onto my list of all time favs!!
Anyone English?
Old Aug 15th 2008, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anyone English?
I'd add Paul Sykes as well
Old Aug 16th 2008, 2:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Anyone English?
Yes!!!!The Sellafield farmer,and past England captain Rod Purdham,mind you hes probably half-mutant having lived and worked close to Sellafield!!
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008...am.rugbyleague
Old Aug 18th 2008, 6:01 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

I'd have thought the first man on the list for any Quinns fans compiling a list of of all time greats would be the kit man ......apparently he's been with the club since the start ...Fulham ....and he's English
Old Aug 19th 2008, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power View Post
I'd have thought the first man on the list for any Quinns fans compiling a list of of all time greats would be the kit man ......apparently he's been with the club since the start ...Fulham ....and he's English
Yeah,Steve Magee is the mans name,and your right,been there from the start.Hair tied back in a ponytail and a decent beer gut as well!!
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...2/ai_n14304982

Just found a link to a picture of the great man!
http://www.quins.co.uk/CoachDisplayR...g&storytype=RL

Last edited by bill drinkwater; Aug 19th 2008 at 6:15 am.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 1:15 pm
Not dead yet

Don Fox has died aged 73 most famous for that miss
Old Aug 21st 2008, 6:40 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Don Fox has died aged 73 most famous for that miss
"Eee, poor,poor lad"

Last edited by Circus-of-Power; Aug 21st 2008 at 6:46 pm.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 6:47 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Looked around youtube for footage of that famous miss ....didn't find any

but I did find a classic bit of Yorkshire biff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qvg-S7j2aY
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power View Post
Looked around youtube for footage of that famous miss ....didn't find any

but I did find a classic bit of Yorkshire biff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qvg-S7j2aY
Can anyone tell me if the Challenge Cup Final is going to be shown live on TV in Australia and if so, on which channel/service? Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.