Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The Rugby League Thread ...

The Rugby League Thread ...

Old Mar 25th 2008, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The Rugby League Thread ...

Originally Posted by bobbyftm View Post
Ah those famous last words "Bring on the Dragons " ! A very lacklustre performance from the bits and bobs i saw compared to the bits and bobs i saw from the same side last weekend !Ah well just got me tix today for when the Broncos visit Skilled Park next month so happy about that and also off to see the Broncos play the arch enemy this friday !!(Bring on the Cowboys)"
Hope they perform - We have a habit of not only losing to the cowboys but get flogged and play badly all on the same night:curse:
Old Mar 25th 2008, 12:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bill drinkwater View Post
The Broncos looked pretty good,Penrith look a bottom 4 side,Matthew Elliot has lost it there i think.
The mighty Titans on the other hand.....,really enjoyed friday night,Skilled Park is 10 times a better venue than Carrara,and we look like we have a decent forward pack this season....bring on the Dragons!!
Congratulations on the new ground ! BUT ! just been informed by er indoors that we paid top dollar ($55 of them actually each )for tix for fri night yet in this BRAND NEW multi million dollar stadium (i assume ) it comes with the warning SOME TICKETS MAY HAVE RESTRICTED VIEWs !! Just how non sensical is that i ask ??Don't they have Meccano sets these days ??
Old Mar 29th 2008, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Think thats the best I've seen the Broncs play Without Lockyer
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:03 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

WHAT!?!?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb...rd/7320474.stm
Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rugbymatt View Post

He wont make it - doesnt have the heart, drug taking shows that
Old Mar 31st 2008, 12:29 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco View Post
He wont make it - doesnt have the heart, drug taking shows that
he's as much a clue as Offiah has about the game look at him he's a BBC expert Abi Ekoku that soft shite from Bratfurt is another
Old Mar 31st 2008, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Thydney View Post
he's as much a clue as Offiah has about the game look at him he's a BBC expert Abi Ekoku that soft shite from Bratfurt is another
lol we all know how you love chariots, at least he was a proven try scorer - Think the whole chambers thing is publicity stunt for both club and him
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:41 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Never a big fan of Offiah ...BUT he was fast and he scored plenty of tries that other wingers would not have ....he defense was terrible and he was scared ...he even admitted that one ...Offiah though had at least played rugby before he signed professional....I say give Chambers a chance ...if he genuinely dons a shirt and plays then thats fair enough for me ....

Reminds me of the tale about Murphy going to sign Offiah ...if you haven't heard it I'll post it
Old Apr 1st 2008, 1:43 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power View Post
Never a big fan of Offiah ...BUT he was fast and he scored plenty of tries that other wingers would not have ....he defense was terrible and he was scared ...he even admitted that one ...Offiah though had at least played rugby before he signed professional....I say give Chambers a chance ...if he genuinely dons a shirt and plays then thats fair enough for me ....

Reminds me of the tale about Murphy going to sign Offiah ...if you haven't heard it I'll post it
Post it don't be shy. I get the feeling you don't like the best scrum half in history.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 6:59 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney View Post
Post it don't be shy. I get the feeling you don't like the best scrum half in history.
Nonsense I always got on well with Andy Gregory

OK .....Murphy gets wind of Doug Laughtons plans to sign some super fast black winger from Rosslyn Park.....so off he and few comrades go to a rah!rah! game ....when they get to their destination they enquire as to the whereabouts of the speedy winger. He's playing on the second team pitch they are told ...unfamiliar with the local... the St.Helens trio make their way to the wrong pitch .....there in the middle of the field is a rather portly and slow black prop forward (legend had it ...it was Offiah's brother) ....Murph and the boys watch for 10 minutes then head for a local hostelry chuckling at the thought that Dougie was off his head .....the rest as they say is history ...

As for Murphy ....he was a damn fine player ...a great coach and an awful commentator

He would often come to the academy games on Saturday's and often looked in on our training sessions....but through my teens, Shaun Edwards dad Jackie was a constant fixture at games and training ....and he was never Alex's biggest fan
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:59 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power View Post
Nonsense I always got on well with Andy Gregory

OK .....Murphy gets wind of Doug Laughtons plans to sign some super fast black winger from Rosslyn Park.....so off he and few comrades go to a rah!rah! game ....when they get to their destination they enquire as to the whereabouts of the speedy winger. He's playing on the second team pitch they are told ...unfamiliar with the local... the St.Helens trio make their way to the wrong pitch .....there in the middle of the field is a rather portly and slow black prop forward (legend had it ...it was Offiah's brother) ....Murph and the boys watch for 10 minutes then head for a local hostelry chuckling at the thought that Dougie was off his head .....the rest as they say is history ...

As for Murphy ....he was a damn fine player ...a great coach and an awful commentator

He would often come to the academy games on Saturday's and often looked in on our training sessions....but through my teens, Shaun Edwards dad Jackie was a constant fixture at games and training ....and he was never Alex's biggest fan
Murphy, give us a wave, Murphy Murphy give us a wave!!!!!!!

Apologies if thats already been done but I cannot be assed going back through previous post to find out!

Last edited by ponyrama; Apr 1st 2008 at 10:00 pm. Reason: rubbish at spelling
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

See 19 clubs have applied for 14 places in Super League - some top flight clubs could be in trouble!!!!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 4:31 am
Not dead yet

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco View Post
See 19 clubs have applied for 14 places in Super League - some top flight clubs could be in trouble!!!!!!
yeah heaven forbid they only play each team twice, I love playing the pie 32 times a season
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

coopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond repute

Completely off topic here, but saw Shaun Edwards name in this thread and thought I'd share a little story with you.

Went to a charity do years ago in a typical Labour club in Wigan, Shaun Edwards was there (for the charity) with his then girlfriend Heather Small of M People fame.

Anyways, Ms Small goes to the MC (typical Wheeltappers & Shunters type) and offers to get up and sing to encourage the punters to dig deep. The MC comes back with "Sorry love, karaoke's on a Thursday"
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 6:04 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Originally Posted by coopa_troopa View Post
Completely off topic here, but saw Shaun Edwards name in this thread and thought I'd share a little story with you.

Went to a charity do years ago in a typical Labour club in Wigan, Shaun Edwards was there (for the charity) with his then girlfriend Heather Small of M People fame.

Anyways, Ms Small goes to the MC (typical Wheeltappers & Shunters type) and offers to get up and sing to encourage the punters to dig deep. The MC comes back with "Sorry love, karaoke's on a Thursday"
I'd have bought the MC a drink for that one

Agree with Thydney ...I love the derby games but playing each other too many times during the season takes the edge off the games....

I'd look at all the applications for SL and if they are strong enough, let em all in ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.