Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The Rugby League Thread ...

The Rugby League Thread ...

Old Apr 7th 2007, 2:37 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Rugby League Thread ...

Tried to listen to Wigan and Saints via BBC local radio ....seems sky sports had other idea's ...got most of the info from wish FM ....a small indi radio station ...
Pains me to say that Saints were by far the better team ...Wigan were competetive and until the last quarter they had a shout ...Saints just had too much pace ...

One thing of note ...the amount of times Mathew Gidley was compared to Jamie Lyon ...seems its like comparing Greenhalls to Timmy Taylors

btw ...if we get a few more positives we'll start the tipsters next weekend
Old Apr 7th 2007, 2:37 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power View Post
Tried to listen to Wigan and Saints via BBC local radio ....seems sky sports had other idea's ...got most of the info from wish FM ....a small indi radio station ...
Pains me to say that Saints were by far the better team ...Wigan were competetive and until the last quarter they had a shout ...Saints just had too much pace ...

One thing of note ...the amount of times Mathew Gidley was compared to Jamie Lyon ...seems its like comparing Greenhalls to Timmy Taylors

btw ...if we get a few more positives we'll start the tipsters next weekend
Sorry geez but they had a few chances and other than that they were totally outclassed. BBC radio gell head had the game live with Halan Rooooooooney and Ray 'fully forty yards' French I even got a mention
Old Apr 8th 2007, 3:25 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

The ITVN box arrived today It took 10 minutes to set up ....and hey presto NRL....Newcastle v Melborne live .... not the best game in the world, lots of dropped passes and unforced errors ....but it was league and it was live ...
The quality was very good better than the previous football game from the UK ....I would recommend it to anyone with broadband ...

I think Hull and Hull KR are live on Monday ... I know there is another live NRL game Sunday morning
Old Apr 8th 2007, 2:55 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power View Post
I would recommend it to anyone with broadband ...
*** off!!!!!!!

Pity you missed your team get slapped yesterday
Old Apr 8th 2007, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Just read on BBC Website that a Kiwi Team is trying to join Super League - not sure how that would work exactly

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb...ue/6536817.stm
Old Apr 9th 2007, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco View Post
Just read on BBC Website that a Kiwi Team is trying to join Super League - not sure how that would work exactly

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb...ue/6536817.stm
This story first surfaced a week before this BBC story,which would make the date april 1st ?? Has to be a wind-up!!
Old Apr 9th 2007, 12:40 am
Not dead yet

Originally Posted by bill drinkwater View Post
This story first surfaced a week before this BBC story,which would make the date april 1st ?? Has to be a wind-up!!
They could just move to London like the Australian team did
Old Apr 9th 2007, 4:26 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Thydney View Post
They could just move to London like the Australian team did
Bit hard to argue with that,...but i will say things are slowly improving in that area,of the starting 13 against Hull 7 of the players were British,8 if you include Henry Paul(who has played union for England and i believe is eligible for GB/England at RL now).And could have been 9 if David Mills hadnt been named on the bench.
And better than some heartland clubs for some games it would seem!!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle1495544.ece

Last edited by bill drinkwater; Apr 9th 2007 at 4:33 am.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 4:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Managed to put together a starting 13 of British players for Quins..
1=Chris Melling
2=Andy Smith
3=Tony Clubb
4=Paul Sykes
5=John Wells
6=Henry Paul (or Joe Walsh if henry not acceptable)
7=Danny Orr
8=David Mill
9-Michael Worrincy
10=Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook
11=David Toothill
12=Jon Grayshon
13=Rob Purdham (capt)

Ok,its a bit of a weak,young and inexperienced side,bit all players have super league experience.I dont think we would frighten too many with that side but definately going in the right direction under Brian Mac and Ian Leneghan
Old Apr 9th 2007, 6:50 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=bill drinkwater;4610836]
Originally Posted by loz View Post
Oh dear Loz!!
Not exactly unexpected given our record against Shudds but still bloody embarassing

Ah well Bradford today

Loz x
Old Apr 9th 2007, 10:34 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Well what a bloody great weekend that was....... NOT:curse: :curse:

The only light at the end of the tunnel was the first win for the Broncos

Can't find yesterdays Quins score............how did they go Bill

Loz x
Old Apr 9th 2007, 11:41 pm
Not dead yet

Loz x
Wiggin got slapped
Old Apr 10th 2007, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Loz x
We beat Catalans 38 -16
Old Apr 10th 2007, 1:25 am
BE Forum Addict

not sure but if it is true I dont think we should be helping the Kiwis develop their sides - we need to take the game to other areas of Britain or France maybe even a Russian Side???
Old Apr 10th 2007, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

but definately going in the right direction under Brian Mac and Ian Leneghan
Until he jumps ship to the Rhinos at the end of the season

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.