Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Rugby League

Rugby League

Old May 12th 2019, 10:14 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rugby League

Originally Posted by Alex2201 View Post
I seem to remember that getting the loudest cheer of the afternoon We enjoyed it. We thought that Bradford's kicking game let them down a bit. Decent showing from their fans too. We were sitting on the same side roughly by the halfway line and were surrounded by Bulls shirts.

Do the Toronto fans always make those daft howling sounds?
The away fans are always great at the Wolfpack. A friend of mine was there for his first ever game and he thought the Bradford fans were magnificent.

I remembered a second louder cheer when the ball hit the streetcar. Unfortunately I should have kept my phone up another 3 or 4 seconds for it! When I shot the video I actually couldn't see the ball but based on trajectory assumed it had hit. A combination of crap eyes and light!

I didn't take a cap and despite it being over cast I was sunburnt on my head the next day.

It was a good game and nice to see Bradford come at them in the second half. I'm a Wolfpack fan but really want to see competitive games. I was really annoyed when Super 8 was cancelled as I felt it made last season exceptional and despite the Wolfpack ultimately missing out the games during Super 8 were awesome to watch.

That video has been trending in a Wolfpack fan group after they asked me to post it. I have close to 140 likes. I don't think anyone ever captured the moment before.
Old May 12th 2019, 10:15 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

I seem to remember that getting the loudest cheer of the afternoon We enjoyed it. We thought that Bradford's kicking game let them down a bit. Decent showing from their fans too. We were sitting on the same side roughly by the halfway line and were surrounded by Bulls shirts.

Do the Toronto fans always make those daft howling sounds?
By the way I get the odd Promo code for free tickets so if I get it again I'll post it for you!
Old May 19th 2019, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Three "Championship" games (that's the Second Division, really) on Sky Sports today, which was a feast. Toronto was in the first of them, playing Toulouse. A crap game, I have to say - very scrappy. It may be just as well TO failed in its bid for promotion last year. The other two games were more fun to watch. Anybody else?
Old May 20th 2019, 8:13 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow View Post
Three "Championship" games (that's the Second Division, really) on Sky Sports today, which was a feast. Toronto was in the first of them, playing Toulouse. A crap game, I have to say - very scrappy. It may be just as well TO failed in its bid for promotion last year. The other two games were more fun to watch. Anybody else?
Haven't seen anything this weekend.

You're not going to get that much excitement out of the Wolfpack this year with out Super 8. I just hope we don't screw it up when we get to the two games that matter at the end of the season.

By the way my Streetcar kick video has been watched 5,000 times on Twitter. If anyone wants my autograph let me know!
Old Jul 7th 2019, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Today, for the first time ever, I saw a drinks-break in a Super League game (Catalan v Wakefield, on the telly). How long has that been a practice? Yes, it must have been stinking hot, and July/August is a damnfool time of year to be playing rugby, but really!!
Old Oct 6th 2019, 10:21 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

I was at the Den yesterday as history was made and Toronto WolfPack clinched their birth in the Super League.

It was good to see the stadium full to the brim and I don't believe any free tickets made their way onto the market so it as 9,900 paying fans which shows that there is the potential to sustain a Rugby League team.

It'll be a busy off season now as I know the Wolfpack want to sign a box office player. The early bird season ticket at $270 is definitely a steal!
Old Oct 6th 2019, 10:53 pm
The Curry Monster

Alex2201 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex2201 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex2201 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex2201 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex2201 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex2201 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex2201 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex2201 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex2201 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex2201 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex2201 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
I was at the Den yesterday as history was made and Toronto WolfPack clinched their birth in the Super League.

It was good to see the stadium full to the brim and I don't believe any free tickets made their way onto the market so it as 9,900 paying fans which shows that there is the potential to sustain a Rugby League team.

It'll be a busy off season now as I know the Wolfpack want to sign a box office player. The early bird season ticket at $270 is definitely a steal!
I watched the game down the boozer here in Windsor. We couldnt make it up to TO this weekend. I found myself torn between who I wanted to win but in the end the best team has prevailed. I am delighted that Toronto have made it to SL as it will really help with developing the game. 270 for a Season is a real bargain. I hope that they are not whip[ping boys next year and compete as getting a full house on a regular basis is a great advertisement to others looking in.

I cant wait until the real Wolves and the other big boys come to town

Last edited by Alex2201; Oct 6th 2019 at 10:55 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2019, 5:03 am
BE Forum Addict

I hope that they are not whipping boys next year
Yes. I watched the match on replay today and it seemed a pretty scrappy game. I wish TO well for next year, but they'll have to up their game to compete with the Big Boys!