Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Romanian Fan Throws TV Out Of Window

Romanian Fan Throws TV Out Of Window

Old Oct 14th 2004, 7:23 pm
  #1  
Account Closed
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 8,441
Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold
Default Romanian Fan Throws TV Out Of Window

A Romanian football fan 'lobbed' his TV out of his window and almost killed his two neighbours after Romania lost their World Cup Qualifier match against the Czech Republic.

The downstairs neighbours were on their balcony at the time and were almost killed as the television was thrown from the flat above. After an explanation, the neighbours refused to press charges.

They had also been watching the football and said they knew exactly how the angry fan felt.
Deadmeat is offline  
Old Oct 14th 2004, 7:28 pm
  #2  
@matthewb76
 
Manc's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Missouri
Posts: 21,886
Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Romanian Fan Throws TV Out Of Window

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
A Romanian football fan 'lobbed' his TV out of his window and almost killed his two neighbours after Romania lost their World Cup Qualifier match against the Czech Republic.

The downstairs neighbours were on their balcony at the time and were almost killed as the television was thrown from the flat above. After an explanation, the neighbours refused to press charges.

They had also been watching the football and said they knew exactly how the angry fan felt.
Similar copycat incidents were reported all over Scotland this week.
Manc is offline  
Old Oct 14th 2004, 7:31 pm
  #3  
Account Closed
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 8,441
Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Romanian Fan Throws TV Out Of Window

Originally Posted by Manc
Similar copycat incidents were reported all over Scotland this week.
Bertie's still clinging on ...

I can't believe all I'm hearing on the radio is how England weren't good enough ... it's a win ferchrissakes.
Deadmeat is offline  
Old Oct 14th 2004, 7:58 pm
  #4  
Bob
BE Site Lead
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: MA, USA
Posts: 91,813
Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Romanian Fan Throws TV Out Of Window

Originally Posted by Manc
Similar copycat incidents were reported all over Scotland this week.
Being knicked tho weren't they *l*
Bob is offline  
Old Oct 14th 2004, 11:58 pm
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
sue_parker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: up north
Posts: 191
sue_parker has a spectacular aura aboutsue_parker has a spectacular aura aboutsue_parker has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Romanian Fan Throws TV Out Of Window

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
A Romanian football fan 'lobbed' his TV out of his window and almost killed his two neighbours after Romania lost their World Cup Qualifier match against the Czech Republic.

The downstairs neighbours were on their balcony at the time and were almost killed as the television was thrown from the flat above. After an explanation, the neighbours refused to press charges.

They had also been watching the football and said they knew exactly how the angry fan felt.
Welcome to the West!!!!

Sue
sue_parker is offline  
Old Oct 15th 2004, 5:22 am
  #6  
Don
Banned
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 7,613
Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Romanian Fan Throws TV Out Of Window

[QUOTE=Deadmeat]Bertie's still clinging on ...
QUOTE]

For about 15 hours more...
Don is offline  
Old Oct 15th 2004, 11:10 am
  #7  
Account Closed
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 8,441
Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Romanian Fan Throws TV Out Of Window

Originally Posted by sue_parker
Welcome to the West!!!!

Sue
Yup, in the old days they wouldn't've been able to watch the TVs, let alone throw them out of windows ... how soon we get used to the affluence ...

Disclaimer - Never been to Romania, probably very nice place, bit like Wales.
Deadmeat is offline  
Old Oct 15th 2004, 4:16 pm
  #8  
Don
Banned
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 7,613
Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Romanian Fan Throws TV Out Of Window

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Yup, in the old days they wouldn't've been able to watch the TVs, let alone throw them out of windows ... how soon we get used to the affluence ...

Disclaimer - Never been to Romania, probably very nice place, bit like Wales.
Romania is a very poor country, unemployment is high and what jobs there are tend to be low paid 'idiot' jobs, animals are very badly treated especially dogs and donkeys (the main mode of transport in the sticks), the food is greasy and low quality, the men are slimy and the women are amongst the ugliest in Europe.

All in all a better place to live than Wales.
Don is offline  
Old Oct 15th 2004, 8:04 pm
  #9  
Bob
BE Site Lead
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: MA, USA
Posts: 91,813
Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Romanian Fan Throws TV Out Of Window

Originally Posted by Don
All in all a better place to live than Wales.
And they all speak unintelligibly probably eh
Bob is offline  
Old Oct 15th 2004, 9:58 pm
  #10  
Don
Banned
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 7,613
Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Romanian Fan Throws TV Out Of Window

Originally Posted by Bob
And they all speak unintelligibly probably eh
los turistas galés vienen aquí el vacaciones y cogen nuestras ovejas
Don is offline  
Old Oct 15th 2004, 10:00 pm
  #11  
tequila
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Romanian Fan Throws TV Out Of Window

Originally Posted by Don
Romania is a very poor country, unemployment is high and what jobs there are tend to be low paid 'idiot' jobs, animals are very badly treated especially dogs and donkeys (the main mode of transport in the sticks), the food is greasy and low quality, the men are slimy and the women are amongst the ugliest in Europe.

All in all a better place to live than Wales.
Hello Don,

Well since Romania happens to have the bad luck to be on the eastern side, what do you expect? It is a developing country with no empire past.
But I can assure you that it has very nice places and even nice people as well, besides the ignorant ones, which unfortunately exist in every country, even in yours. Where did you gather all those bad opinions from? According to you it seems that Romania is the worst place on this Earth to be, but just look at some poor African states.
And talking about soccer, I wouldn't like to mention the behaviour of the English fans.

Tequila ( I am not Romanian )
 
Old Oct 15th 2004, 10:16 pm
  #12  
Don
Banned
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 7,613
Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Romanian Fan Throws TV Out Of Window

Originally Posted by tequila
Hello Don,

Well since Romania happens to have the bad luck to be on the eastern side, what do you expect? It is a developing country with no empire past.
But I can assure you that it has very nice places and even nice people as well, besides the ignorant ones, which unfortunately exist in every country, even in yours. Where did you gather all those bad opinions from? According to you it seems that Romania is the worst place on this Earth to be, but just look at some poor African states.
And talking about soccer, I wouldn't like to mention the behaviour of the English fans.

Tequila ( I am not Romanian )
You mean as opposed to Budapest where the women are beautiful, the men are highly intelligent and from time to time invent something cool like the atomic bomb or a cure for cancer, where the delicious gulyas and spicy food are the envy of Europe and every man and his family spend the weekend in the countryside cooking a hotpot outside singing folkloric songs, where the natural hot water spas are plentiful and the wines are so delicious you'd only put the bottle down when empty or to swig a palinka?

That Budapest?

The one where the football is crap?
Don is offline  
Old Oct 15th 2004, 10:28 pm
  #13  
tequila
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Romanian Fan Throws TV Out Of Window

Originally Posted by Don
You mean as opposed to Budapest where the women are beautiful, the men are highly intelligent and from time to time invent something cool like the atomic bomb or a cure for cancer, where the delicious gulyas and spicy food are the envy of Europe and every man and his family spend the weekend in the countryside cooking a hotpot outside singing folkloric songs, where the natural hot water spas are plentiful and the wines are so delicious you'd only put the bottle down when empty or to swig a palinka?

That Budapest?

The one where the football is crap?
Yes, that Budapest.
But the every weekend hotpot cooking and folklorik song singing it's a bit of fantasy, isn't it? Or maybe your guide was too good?!
And where are you located if I may ask?
 
Old Oct 15th 2004, 10:31 pm
  #14  
Don
Banned
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 7,613
Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Romanian Fan Throws TV Out Of Window

Originally Posted by tequila
Yes, that Budapest.
But the every weekend hotpot cooking and folklorik song singing it's a bit of fantasy, isn't it? Or maybe your guide was too good?!
And where are you located if I may ask?
Middle Europe
Don is offline  
Old Oct 16th 2004, 1:36 am
  #15  
Bob
BE Site Lead
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: MA, USA
Posts: 91,813
Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Romanian Fan Throws TV Out Of Window

Originally Posted by Don
los turistas galés vienen aquí el vacaciones y cogen nuestras ovejas
eh???
Bob is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.