Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Reckoning Weekend

Reckoning Weekend

Old May 15th 2010, 6:11 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reckoning Weekend

Originally Posted by Lover not a fighter View Post
Fantastic for anyone associated with the club on Saturday, after 6 years of utter shite. I attempted to deal with the nerves by cutting myself off from the outside world and taking my 8 year old to baseball. I thought they'd blown it after Charlton, & didn't think we'd of progressed through the playoff's.

I manage to get my footie fix by speaking to a bloke from Gildersome who plays and ref's in the league I play in. He's a proper supporter. One of only a thousand who signed up for the bond holder scheme, which the club honoured even after it went tits up. Spoke to him last night about the Damned Utd which I only saw last week. You seen it yet?

So what now? A couple of years consolidation would do me. Apparently Beckford's signed a pre-contract with Everton. Will Ken Bates get the cheque book out? I'll settle for Grabel on the left, Snoddy on the right, with Xavi and Messi in the middle. Should see us alright.....
Ha Ha, I had a bond too

I think we will do ok next year, hopefully splash some cash and straight back up. I keep forgetting Ken Bates doesn't actually own us (or publicly), wonder who the real money man behind us is

I hold no grudges against Beckford, I don't think he owes us anything. I'll be pleased if he stays, but we'll sign someone else if he goes.
Old May 15th 2010, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Lover not a fighter is just really niceLover not a fighter is just really niceLover not a fighter is just really niceLover not a fighter is just really niceLover not a fighter is just really niceLover not a fighter is just really niceLover not a fighter is just really niceLover not a fighter is just really niceLover not a fighter is just really niceLover not a fighter is just really nice
Default Re: Reckoning Weekend

Originally Posted by N1cky View Post
Ha Ha, I had a bond too

I think we will do ok next year, hopefully splash some cash and straight back up. I keep forgetting Ken Bates doesn't actually own us (or publicly), wonder who the real money man behind us is

I hold no grudges against Beckford, I don't think he owes us anything. I'll be pleased if he stays, but we'll sign someone else if he goes.
I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him, at least he's not the gold fish renting tosser. I wonder if he'll put any of his own money in? Chelsea were going to go bust the day the Russian bought them.

I'd like to see Beckford stay. He was up for the game on Saturday, whereas in the last few weeks his committment maybe wasn't all there. A friend of mine said that the only tickets available for the week prior to the game were 250 GBP corpy tickets. For a third division game! The lad who normally gets the tickets was stuck in NYC with the ash cloud and forgot to order their normal seats!!