Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

RBS 6 Nations Rugby

RBS 6 Nations Rugby

Old Feb 13th 2010, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RBS 6 Nations Rugby

Watch the replay (France/Ireland) from 55 mins on and I swear you will see #6 holding the ball in the drive and if you are alert enough he is wearing pink, yes pink under pants under his shorts. Whatever takes your fancy I suppose.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 7:34 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony126 View Post
Watch the replay (France/Ireland) from 55 mins on and I swear you will see #6 holding the ball in the drive and if you are alert enough he is wearing pink, yes pink under pants under his shorts. Whatever takes your fancy I suppose.
The French commentator commented on them, too!!!
Old Feb 14th 2010, 12:50 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony126 View Post
Thought the Scotland/Wales match eventually turned out exciting although Scotland have only themselves to blame. The French are maintaining their form coming up to half time against the Irish. Looks like a reasonably good game.
I don't agree, everyone says that Blair should have kicked the ball out of play, but you can't do that, all it means is that you have to go back to the restart and the ref could easily have given a penalty. The final Welsh try came on the back of three forward passes and a glaringly obvious touchline infringement, the Scots took the ball carrier out onto the touchline but nothing was said.

I know its an all too common call but the ref killed the game, to allow not a single scrum to be completed yet penalise for hands in the ruck despite not a single warning makes absolutely no sense and it makes for a disjointed, ill disciplined game and thats just what we had.

My money is on a citing in the pipeline, Thom Evans had a knee in his back and neck as he lay down and now he is in a really bad way in hospital

The France game was actually good, I know there were lots of complaints that the Irish played like crap but I think thats a little unfair to the French (and this is going to KILL me) but I think they played brilliant rugby, tournament winners for sure.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 1:35 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt View Post

The France game was actually good, I know there were lots of complaints that the Irish played like crap but I think thats a little unfair to the French (and this is going to KILL me) but I think they played brilliant rugby, tournament winners for sure.
Thanks for that! They seem to have got their act together this year, and their two drop goals yesterday might have been choreagraphed. No doubt I'm the only one on this forum saying it, but Vive la France!
Old Feb 14th 2010, 5:07 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I think I can say, with all the confidence in the world, that France have this years 6 nations....

England were pedestrian, boring, unimaginative and too heavily reliant on a couple of key players... I REALLY hope this is just the lull before the World Cup storm. Mind you, only one team is going to win the next World Cup and we ALL know who that is.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 6:12 pm

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

I think I can say, with all the confidence in the world, that France have this years 6 nations....

England were pedestrian, boring, unimaginative and too heavily reliant on a couple of key players... I REALLY hope this is just the lull before the World Cup storm. Mind you, only one team is going to win the next World Cup and we ALL know who that is.
Who, NZ?

I think NZ may just pull it off, but they tend lose their heads midway. At least France is in their pool and not the quarters or semis.

Last edited by Alfresco; Feb 14th 2010 at 6:25 pm. Reason: Added to post
Old Feb 20th 2010, 11:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

South Africa.

If the pools go to form they will meet NZ in the semi, where the All Chokes will fail again. On current form, Aus v France would be the other semi.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 11:48 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by The Dean View Post
South Africa.

If the pools go to form they will meet NZ in the semi, where the All Chokes will fail again. On current form, Aus v France would be the other semi.
Not a hope, South Africa will be in the final for sure, but I very much doubt they will win.

I would put good money on England being in the final 4 again... they have done it twice in the last two, once when they weren't even supposed to make it past the group stages.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 11:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Not a hope, South Africa will be in the final for sure, but I very much doubt they will win.

I would put good money on England being in the final 4 again... they have done it twice in the last two, once when they weren't even supposed to make it past the group stages.
How can you be 'sure' they'll get to the final, but also sure that they won't win?

England would have to beat NZ or France in the quarters to reach the semis - can't see it.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 1:04 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by The Dean View Post
How can you be 'sure' they'll get to the final, but also sure that they won't win?

England would have to beat NZ or France in the quarters to reach the semis - can't see it.
Nope I agree, but I had bloody good money on them crashing and burning last time in the World Cup and look what that prediction did.

As for SA... I think they are starting to peak, just like the AB's did last time.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 10:40 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Didn't any one watch the Wales-France match this evening?
I thought it was a good match (and, at the risk of upsetting some, the best team won)
Old Feb 26th 2010, 10:45 pm
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu View Post
the best team won
Spoiler:
I feel like vomiting, but must agree.

Last edited by sime303; Feb 26th 2010 at 10:50 pm.
Old Mar 20th 2010, 9:52 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=rugbymatt;8341238]I think I can say, with all the confidence in the world, that France have this years 6 nations....

This is the annual occasion when I'm guilty of treason towards my country of birth, but...
HOPE YOU'RE RIGHT! We'll know tonight.
Vive la France!!
Old Mar 20th 2010, 8:44 pm
Straw Man.

WHY!?!?!?

Why can't Scotland play like that every time they play!? Its taken an Aussie to kick them into shape.... lazy bastards.
Old Mar 21st 2010, 4:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

WHY!?!?!?

Why can't Scotland play like that every time they play!? Its taken an Aussie to kick them into shape.... lazy bastards.
Which Aussie??

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.