Reload this Page >

As promised 2 weeks ago.......F1

As promised 2 weeks ago.......F1

Old Oct 9th 2004, 8:07 am
Ay-Im from Blackburn me

royyboy will become famous soon enough
Talking As promised 2 weeks ago.......F1

Hiya guys.
Those who tuned in / posted on the f1 thread will possibly remember me saying there was due to be a major announcement at suzuka. As promised ladies and gents, here is the announcement..(took em longer than i was originally told tho...)

THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING TO F1
A Russian-backed Formula 1 team will hit the grid in 2006, it was announced on Friday.

The team, to be known as Midland F1, will use chassis built by Italian manufacturer Dallara.

Midland Group chairman Alex Shnaider said: "Of course the team will have a Russian flavour and in time we hope to bring a Russian driver into Formula 1.

"Midland is deeply rooted in Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States and we are certain that, via Formula 1, mutually beneficial relationships and businesses can be created as most international companies recognise that they must enter these markets.

"Our research into coverage of different sports showed that only three events met our criteria for international exploitation: The Olympic Games, World Cup Soccer and Formula 1.

"As the two others are quadrennial Formula 1 was the natural fit."

Shnaider, 36 is a naturalised Canadian born in St Petersburg.

The privately-owned Midland Group is registered in Guernsey, but conducts most of its business in Russia and the former Soviet Union.

Shnaider said the team had yet to make any decisions on drivers or even engines.

But the company is among the buyers interested in Cosworth and despite Shnaiders insistence that they wanted to build a new team from scratch, speculation persists that Midland might also buy the Jaguar team.

If that is the case, there would appear to be no reason why the new team could not be on the grid as early as next year.

There we go then peeps, a whole sparkly new team...mmm, sounds good to me.
Your thoughts please
Old Oct 9th 2004, 3:09 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: As promised 2 weeks ago.......F1

Awesome...would be cool if they bought Jag and could be ready for next season, but even if they did, would be a bit early woudlnt' it...so any idea who this guy is?
Old Oct 9th 2004, 3:45 pm
Ay-Im from Blackburn me

royyboy will become famous soon enough

They been buzzin around for a while, mainly low end racing stuff. Seems russia is the new worlds jewel, somehow, loadsa peepz have made billions overnight...It aint abramovic, thats for sure, some other dude.

Oh, and if yer interested, british gp is safe too. Remember an earlier post where i said bernie was bluffing coz he had a stake in silverstone, well, now this new promotion agency have stepped in, thier chairman being nigel mansell. they want to host it for the next 7 years, as berni wanted..brdc are to do building work, Synergy are to host and promote. Bernies third idea is that he also dips in his pocket...surprise surprise..lets see if we can get someone else to pay up before i splash out...cheeky bloke...

My questions are, IS there a car that can do it, and if there is, has mike been out too long. perfect example-villeneuve, only out a year, drove like a newbie-mika's been out 2 or 3. Allegedly hasnt been in an f1 car since, but fail to see how he can do his consultancy for maclaren without getting in a car, either way, my gut feeling he will have lost his edge...he will be scrapping more with alonso and button. Expect a large announcement in japan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There ya go...as promised on september 22nd, big announcement in japan 2, if ya count the british gp...Although, i guess most of us already had a clue they WERE bluffing, just trying to get extra cash/support for it.

Last edited by royyboy; Oct 9th 2004 at 3:51 pm.
Old Oct 9th 2004, 5:14 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Hehe...good call...
and great about mansell helping out...thought he'd be golfing and fishing in retirement *l*

Nice that there is new money and blood in the sport, keep the italians on there toes hopefully...
Old Oct 11th 2004, 1:49 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Wot's all this about Webber burning his arse in Suzuka?
Old Oct 11th 2004, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Stuart James will become famous soon enough

I think he was having a sneaky fag on the way around, dropped it whilst attacking the corner........the rest is history.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 2:43 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Stuart James
I think he was having a sneaky fag on the way around, dropped it whilst attacking the corner........the rest is history.
Shoulda wound the window down ... hasn't he seen Fools and Horses?
Old Oct 12th 2004, 3:27 am
Banned

DanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to all

Ooooooh, quick quick!! The Russians are coming! :scared: :scared:
Old Oct 20th 2004, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

RGPickles will become famous soon enoughRGPickles will become famous soon enough

The bad news though has been confirmed.

NO BRITISH Grand Prix.

Looks like a good to leave the UK. LOL

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/a...156189,00.html
Old Oct 20th 2004, 1:42 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RGPickles
The bad news though has been confirmed.

NO BRITISH Grand Prix.

Looks like a good to leave the UK. LOL

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/a...156189,00.html

oh that sucks, I have the difficult decision of choosing between Montreal and Indianapolis again this year.
Old Oct 20th 2004, 1:45 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Manc
oh that sucks, I have the difficult decision of choosing between Montreal and Indianapolis again this year.
Yup, as I sit in the sunshine in Melbourne next year I'm really going to miss Silverstone ...
Old Oct 20th 2004, 3:29 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...156195,00.html

Just read that on sky news too, shame ain't it...two races in the states...that should be interesting, considering no one gives a flying shit about it over here...but who knows...
Old Oct 20th 2004, 3:32 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...156195,00.html

Just read that on sky news too, shame ain't it...two races in the states...that should be interesting, considering no one gives a flying shit about it over here...but who knows...
well we do.
Old Oct 20th 2004, 3:37 pm
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by Bob
two races in the states...
ace!!!
Old Oct 21st 2004, 6:00 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

How can a man like Ecclestone make so much monet out of eccles cakes. They're only dead flies cooked in pastry.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.