Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Premier League

Premier League

Old Feb 14th 2012, 10:49 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex View Post
Why did people think that Andres Villas Boas was a great coach? His only experience was one season at Porto - who had already won 8 out of 10 of the last Portuguese league titles before AVB showed up - and then they won a 9th with him. For Porto not to have won the league would have been shocking.
They thought they were getting Mourinho.

In reality they got Neil Lennon
Old Feb 14th 2012, 12:56 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

I'm always confused that I couldn't give the slightest shit whatsoever about Scottish football. I will watch a game from the Dutch and Belgian league with interest. But anything from Scotland - could not care one iota.
I'm not confused. My Dad lived in Aberdeen and whenever I went to see him we'd go to a game. The standard was so poor - division 2 in England at best. Celtic and Rangers need competition to improve but won't get it playing Kilmarnock and Dunfermline. The Taffs play in the English league - maybe its time to see if the Scots can qualify too. If you win the SPL, you get automatic promotion to the conference
Old Feb 14th 2012, 12:57 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc View Post
They thought they were getting Mourinho.

In reality they got Neil Lennon
Neil Lennon. There's a warm wee bundle of joy....
Old Feb 14th 2012, 1:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

So who is to blame for this Evra or Suarez

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...arez-snub.html

Love the comment the FA should send him to his bedroom
Old Feb 14th 2012, 2:01 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Why did people think that Andres Villas Boas was a great coach? His only experience was one season at Porto - who had already won 8 out of 10 of the last Portuguese league titles before AVB showed up - and then they won a 9th with him. For Porto not to have won the league would have been shocking.
to quote wikipedea*

Villas-Boas was announced as new Porto manager on 2 June 2010.[13] On 7 August 2010, he won his first trophy when Porto beat Benfica 2–0 in the Portuguese Supercup.[17] He followed this with three more titles: the Portuguese Primeira Liga, the UEFA Europa League and the Portuguese Cup. Porto finished the league season undefeated, with 27 victories and 3 draws.

So 4 trophies in a season, including a Eurovase, and undefeated in the league. Yes I know its only the portugese league and a "giant free" UEFA cup, but still...

* Yes, I know thats sad

Last edited by iaink; Feb 14th 2012 at 2:04 pm.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 3:06 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink View Post
to quote wikipedea*

Villas-Boas was announced as new Porto manager on 2 June 2010.[13] On 7 August 2010, he won his first trophy when Porto beat Benfica 2–0 in the Portuguese Supercup.[17] He followed this with three more titles: the Portuguese Primeira Liga, the UEFA Europa League and the Portuguese Cup. Porto finished the league season undefeated, with 27 victories and 3 draws.

So 4 trophies in a season, including a Eurovase, and undefeated in the league. Yes I know its only the portugese league and a "giant free" UEFA cup, but still...

* Yes, I know thats sad
Yes I know that. But for Porto to have not won everything except the UEFA Cup would have been astonishing. They always win the other three.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 4:23 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

I know that Man Utd and Man City fans aren't exactly thrilled by playing the Thursday night games in the Euro Cup - but I'm well jazzed up to watch Man City/Porto and Man Utd/Ajax on a Thursday. They sound like nice games to me. Barca tonight, then Arsenal/Milan Wednesday and then one of them has to be a decent game on Thursday.

I bet it's the Stoke game.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 4:54 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a lot of Glasgow Rangers players will be looking for work soon.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/140220...10-points.html
Old Feb 14th 2012, 5:00 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
Sounds like a lot of Glasgow Rangers players will be looking for work soon.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/140220...10-points.html
Didn't you already start a thread, specifically for this?
Old Feb 14th 2012, 5:09 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
Pretty sure that if BE shows one thing and one thing only its that there is no shortage of precedent for the same topic to come up time and again in many different threads
Old Feb 14th 2012, 6:06 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
Just thinking that some of the teams in the EPL might be interested..
Old Feb 14th 2012, 6:12 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Old Feb 14th 2012, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

SalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond repute

Aye, 'cause I know Mark Hughes scours the BE forums with great tenacity looking for info on whom to buy next.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by SalopianFunk View Post
Aye, 'cause I know Mark Hughes scours the BE forums with great tenacity looking for info on whom to buy next.
Wow. I assumed he hung around outside Gala bingo and looked for any retired players who were looking for work.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 7:57 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
Wow. I assumed he hung around outside Gala bingo and looked for any retired players who were looking for work.
Do keep up, with wireless technology theres no reason he cant do both

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.