Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Premier League

Premier League

Old Jul 30th 2014, 7:07 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
I'm serious. Fellaini didn't just become an awful player overnight, he just wasn't used effectively at Utd.

If you just went on FF performance, then that would mean that Szczesny is a good goalkeeper and Nasri is a great midfielder.
Well answer me this, why did Martinez not start Barkley for a lot of the season and often left him out completely? Was he injured?

Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
VERY pleased with the display against Inter yesterday- some of the football we played, particularly our '1st half team' was absolutely superb, best I've seen from a United side in at least 5 years. Herrera really does look the business in the centre- always available for a pass, good in the tackle, great in possession....Moyes must feel cheated.

Inter eventually dragged the game to penalties despite hardly having a chance during the whole 90 minutes (de Gea pulled off a good save from a Guerin free-kick, and that was the sum total of their 'attack')- and United's spot kicks were superb! Not one gave the Inter keeper any chance, and we deservedly 'won' the match.

van Gaal's influence on this squad in such a short time has been fantastic- the game last night was played at a very, very high intensity for a pre-season game, but everyone (including Luke Shaw....) looked like they are well on the way to peak match fitness already, and even if we don't challenge for the title next season, a few teams are going to get a battering from this United team, no question about it.

Captain? RvP, surely it's not in doubt? He is Holland captain, he will be United captain as well. Louie doesn't give two craps what the press 'speculate', nor what they perceive to be the attitude of any of his players (including Rooney) to his choice- they will like it, or they can 'lump it', but I'd defy ANYONE to cross the man...there'll only be one winner. ;-)
Twenty quid says you'll be out of the title race by Christmas and out of a CL spot by Easter.
Old Jul 30th 2014, 7:11 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Well answer me this, why did Martinez not start Barkley for a lot of the season and often left him out completely? Was he injured?
Yes he broke his foot, then was rushed back for the derby and was out again after that.
Old Jul 30th 2014, 7:25 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Yes he broke his foot, then was rushed back for the derby and was out again after that.
Well why was I not personally informed of all this prior to me splashing a load of cash to get him back on my FF team?
Old Jul 30th 2014, 7:52 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Well why was I not personally informed of all this prior to me splashing a load of cash to get him back on my FF team?
It's not our fault if you can't keep up with football news.

Anyway, the Lukaku deal is done for 28M. Not sure where we found that sort of cash, but so long as the deal is done, that's all that matters.
Old Jul 30th 2014, 7:58 pm
Grace and gratitude

Anyway, the Lukaku deal is done for 28M. Not sure where we found that sort of cash, but so long as the deal is done, that's all that matters.
I couldn't be arsed to keep up with all the injuries......but yet somehow I still managed to finish above you in the BE league

Glad Lukaku is done and dusted, another good player shafted by Mourinho, at least he'll be valued at Everton.
Old Jul 30th 2014, 8:11 pm
Late In May In 1999...

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, for all the 'poverty' cries from Kenwright, he seems to have come up with this without a problem...perhaps the Fellaini 'profit' has been sitting gathering interest for a year....
Old Jul 30th 2014, 8:13 pm
I love my brick!

I couldn't be arsed to keep up with all the injuries......but yet somehow I still managed to finish above you in the BE league

Glad Lukaku is done and dusted, another good player shafted by Mourinho, at least he'll be valued at Everton.
Well I deliberately crippled myself last season by not allowing any Liverpool players in my team. This meant no Suarez or Sturridge. That won't be a problem this season though.

Yep, dunno why Jose never got on with him, but Chelsea's loss is our gain.
Old Jul 30th 2014, 8:32 pm
I love my brick!

Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
Yes, for all the 'poverty' cries from Kenwright, he seems to have come up with this without a problem...perhaps the Fellaini 'profit' has been sitting gathering interest for a year....
That plus the extra TV money. I don't know... maybe the board have finally put their hands in their pockets.
Old Jul 30th 2014, 8:44 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure where we found that sort of cash, but so long as the deal is done, that's all that matters.
New TV deal innit. There is a lot more money around all over the premiership.
Old Jul 30th 2014, 10:33 pm
Moreland Member

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
Millwall?
Stuffed If I know why Arsenal try and claim it... and no not our neanderthal cousins.
Old Jul 31st 2014, 12:55 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Well I deliberately crippled myself last season by not allowing any Liverpool players in my team. This meant no Suarez or Sturridge. That won't be a problem this season though.

Yep, dunno why Jose never got on with him, but Chelsea's loss is our gain.

Old Jul 31st 2014, 1:03 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Twenty quid says you'll be out of the title race by Christmas and out of a CL spot by Easter.
Done. Although as a Spurs fan, this would be a good season for you.

I couldn't be arsed to keep up with all the injuries......but yet somehow I still managed to finish above you in the BE league.
And - as in most of your dreams, under me.
Old Jul 31st 2014, 1:16 am
I love my brick!

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
You can't really complain, after all you have Costa, Drogba and let's not forget Torres to bang in the goals for you. It would have been greedy to keep Lukaku really.
Old Jul 31st 2014, 1:48 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

You can't really complain, after all you have Costa, Drogba and let's not forget Torres to bang in the goals for you. It would have been greedy to keep Lukaku really.
We can easily forget Torres