Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Premier League

Premier League

Old Apr 14th 2014, 8:37 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League

Originally Posted by Returns View Post
It's interesting how I'm in the UK, and although I follow it closely and listen on the radio, I don't get to see any of the matches, while everyone thousands of miles away can watch them all! I need to move!!
surely it's cheaper to get SKY or BT sport than to move thousands of miles?..
Old Apr 14th 2014, 8:38 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Returns View Post
It's interesting how I'm in the UK, and although I follow it closely and listen on the radio, I don't get to see any of the matches, while everyone thousands of miles away can watch them all! I need to move!!
Technically, according to what I paid for, I get to see every single PL game, all 3pm kick offs, the works. In reality, scumbags in the UK steal it, so now I only get one 3pm kick off....and it's rarely the mighty Saints.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 8:40 am
Just Joined

Returns is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
surely it's cheaper to get SKY or BT sport than to move thousands of miles?..
Probably not!!
Old Apr 14th 2014, 9:55 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
Another game, another win. That's seven in a row now. Sunderland made it hard, but we got there in the end. We're inching close and closer to that 4th place.
Don't do it to yourself Zargie, it ain't happening......
Old Apr 14th 2014, 11:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Technically, according to what I paid for, I get to see every single PL game, all 3pm kick offs, the works. In reality, scumbags in the UK steal it, so now I only get one 3pm kick off....and it's rarely the mighty Saints.
.......... and their prices are going up in May.............
Old Apr 14th 2014, 11:58 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean View Post
.......... and their prices are going up in May.............
Are they? The ****ers. I think I saw that, it wasn't much though?

I'm cancelling AD Sports, for some reason still haven't done that yet...
Old Apr 14th 2014, 3:47 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, we really are spoiled in the US now we have the nice new NBC coverage of games. Loads of matches on each weekend on TV and more online.

Plus, Fox Sports shows the FA Cup as well. I was able to watch some lower tier teams play in the earlier rounds, which I like.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 4:09 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
I think Liverpool deserve the league. No complaints. Personally, I can't stand Gerrard. Tried to get a transfer away and changed his mind - still kisses the badge. A Scouse Tevez. Rooney's no better (although he has 4 more PL medals)
Old Apr 14th 2014, 7:21 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Just to echo ed, I'll pause for a moment tomorrow to remember 96 fellow fans, who wanted nothing more than to go and support their team, and cheer them to an FA Cup Final in April 1989, and ended up paying for it with their lives, through no fault of their own.

'Justice For The 96', on behalf of Manchester United fans.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 10:11 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Everyone is getting way too carried away with awarding Liverpool the league on the back of Sunday, combined with a lot of lovely "doing it for the 96" sentiment.

All this talk of "If they win their remaining games....". Well, the reality is also that if City and Chelsea win all their remaining games, Liverpool will finish only 3rd, even if they win 3 of 4.

If City drop any points, Chelsea will finish top if they win all of their remaining games.

If Chelsea take a point at anfield, then its Citys to lose and Liverpools fate would rest with Everton taking something from City.

Looking at the fixtures I would say that liverpool will have to win the last 4 to win the league. When was the last time a team won 14 on the bounce to win the league? Its never happened, not in one season. Arsenal won 14 straight over 2 seasons and Liverpool won the league in 81/82 with 11 straight and 13 out of 16, but it wasnt a tight race that went to the wire. If they do it, this will be the stuff of legend, there will be a big budget Hollywood "Stevie G" life story movie made culminating in this improbable, impossible, romantic march to victory in the twilight of his one club man history. You can write your own "Hollywood pass" punchline.

But, life being what it is, ****ing Torres will probably remember how to be a footballer and seal his place in the hearts and minds of the Anfield faithful. Hes bound to play at Anfield while Mou rests all his good players between C-L semis. Then there is Palace to get 3 points from too. Probably doable if they are safe by then, but far from a given.

Chances are not helped with Henderson banned for 3 of the 4, there is no word on Sturridges hamstring, and if anything happens to Suarez there is no cover up front. Still excited, but still not optimistic.

Last edited by iaink; Apr 14th 2014 at 10:40 pm.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 10:59 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink View Post
Looking at the fixtures I would say that liverpool will have to win the last 4 to win the league. When was the last time a team won 14 on the bounce to win the league? Its never happened, not in one season. Arsenal won 14 straight over 2 seasons and Liverpool won the league in 81/82 with 11 straight and 13 out of 16, but it wasnt a tight race that went to the wire. If they do it, this will be the stuff of legend, there will be a big budget Hollywood "Stevie G" life story movie made culminating in this improbable, impossible, romantic march to victory in the twilight of his one club man history. You can write your own "Hollywood pass" punchline.

Still excited, but still not optimistic.
I wouldn't go too much overboard on the whole 'one man club' stuff...everyone & their uncle know that he would have been a Chelsea player if they'd tried even a smidgeon harder about 7 or 8 years ago...

Henderson will be a loss, but they were very fortunate that Clattenberg basically didn't want to send Suarez off, after he dived and whined all afternoon, having already been booked early on....

Mind you, he could have done citeh a favour and sent Kompany off before he laid the winner on a plate for Coutinho... (never seen Kompany play so badly, ever...!)

I think it's going to be very hard for any of the other two to stop Liverpool now- they have all the momentum and self-belief, and twat Terry coming out with nonsense like 'we wanted a Liverpool win' yesterday simply underlines the fear underlying those words- he KNOWS they will struggle to get anything at Anfield, and BR is nobody's fool- he'll have his players focus on 4 'cup finals', and having Newcastle United at home on the last day is pretty much a 'gimme' for 3 points, given that the Geordie French brigade are already mentally 'on the beach in Nice' now...

I'd be delighted for Brendan, as a fellow Norn Irishman, were it not for the club he manages... aw well, THEY are bound to win the title, if only to rub salt into the wounds of a dreadful, dreadful season for United... It's scripted...
Old Apr 14th 2014, 11:01 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink View Post
Chances are not helped with Henderson banned for 3 of the 4, there is no word on Sturridges hamstring, and if anything happens to Suarez there is no cover up front. Still excited, but still not optimistic.
We just need to play Škrtel up front, he seems to be scoring all the time now and it would keep him away from our penalty area where he seems to be fouling all the time too.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 3:44 am
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
Just to echo ed, I'll pause for a moment tomorrow to remember 96 fellow fans, who wanted nothing more than to go and support their team, and cheer them to an FA Cup Final in April 1989, and ended up paying for it with their lives, through no fault of their own.

'Justice For The 96', on behalf of Manchester United fans.
Appreciated, the one from ed too.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

RIP to the 96 fans who lost their lives and my thoughts are with their families and those who survived that terrible day. Much has been made of Liverpool possibly winning the League on the 25th anniversary of Hillsborough, but for me a more fitting way to mark the anniversary would be to see those responsible punished as a result of the inquiries currently taking place.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 7:51 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenandPam View Post
RIP to the 96 fans who lost their lives and my thoughts are with their families and those who survived that terrible day. Much has been made of Liverpool possibly winning the League on the 25th anniversary of Hillsborough, but for me a more fitting way to mark the anniversary would be to see those responsible punished as a result of the inquiries currently taking place.
+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.