Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Premier League

Premier League

Old Oct 10th 2013, 10:54 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Nothing like aiming high, reckon the players will celebrate 3rd even more than 4th?

I for one, wouldn't mind you lot winning the league but I'd prefer this order:

Citeh - Their fans are idiots and are still in the amazed and grateful phase. fair one
Chelsea - They don't annoy me, Mourinho is cool as **** and him winning is just a fun thing to see.
United - Meh, they can't get any more disinterested with winning the league, so let them have it.
Arsenal - I reckon the fans deserve it on the whole but might get a bit annoying, especially because they're all a bit weird.
Liverpool - DEAR ****ING CHRIST PLEASE DONT LET THEM WIN THE LEAGUE WE WILL NEVER HEAR THE END OF IT FROM THEIR DELUDED, SPASTIC FAITHFUL.
What about Tottingham?
Old Oct 10th 2013, 11:11 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
What about Tottingham?
Sorry mate, I meant to say Citeh fans AREN'T idiots. I've not me a complete cunny from your lot yet.

Spurs?

I like Spuds, always have. Apart from when they took Glenn Hoddle and murdered Dean Richards.

But, their fans are becoming dangerously close to the deluded Arsenal fans. A title wouldn't help them.
Old Oct 10th 2013, 12:48 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

that is not completely true, you sold us Nasri thereby strengthening your team and weakening ours
I did specify BEST players. Not my fault if you can't read the post properly.

Nothing like aiming high, reckon the players will celebrate 3rd even more than 4th? Do Saints believe Le Tiss is God?

I for one, wouldn't mind you lot winning the league.

Liverpool - DEAR ****ING CHRIST PLEASE DONT LET THEM WIN THE LEAGUE WE WILL NEVER HEAR THE END OF IT FROM THEIR DELUDED, SPASTIC FAITHFUL.
What about Tottingham?
Who?

Sorry mate, I meant to say Citeh fans AREN'T idiots. I've not me a complete cunny from your lot yet.

Spurs, their fans are becoming dangerously close to the deluded Arsenal fans. A title wouldn't help them.
It would make them even more unbearable!
Old Oct 10th 2013, 1:43 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
I did specify BEST players. Not my fault if you can't read the post properly.
but he was one of your best ......
Old Oct 10th 2013, 3:51 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I think that it's time we had a UK national team instead of England, Wales, Scotland and NI teams.
In order for that to happen, they'd have to be a unified 'UK' league system as well. I can't see that being received positively since you'd see three countries with teams now in 'premier leagues' have teams drop to the second tier and below.

In the case of most NI teams (apart from maybe Linfield who are 4th tier quality on a good day), they'd all drop to below the Conference

For ****'s sake, I'm so tired of being denied the opportunity to enjoy my team's successes without being lumped in with that crowd. With the best will in the world, you'd be more insufferable if Southampton won than I would if Liverpool did. I'd be prepared to put money on that

It's all academic anyway, as Moyes will pull an end-of-season winning streak out of his arse (or at least, SAF will whisper in his ear how to do it anyway ...)

**** it. Anyone. But. Chelsea.

That's my mantra
Old Oct 10th 2013, 4:13 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

but he was one of your best ......
Not in my opinion!

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
In order for that to happen, they'd have to be a unified 'UK' league system as well. I can't see that being received positively since you'd see three countries with teams now in 'premier leagues' have teams drop to the second tier and below.

Agreed. I don't see the Scotttish, Welsh and NI FA's wanting to give up power either!

For ****'s sake, I'm so tired of being denied the opportunity to enjoy my team's successes without being lumped in with that crowd. With the best will in the world, you'd be more insufferable if Southampton won than I would if Liverpool did. I'd be prepared to put money on that

What happened to the old 'Come back when you've won 19' banner?

It's all academic anyway, as Moyes will pull an end-of-season winning streak out of his arse (or at least, SAF will whisper in his ear how to do it anyway ...)

That's my mantra
Or Spurs! That's mine!
Old Oct 10th 2013, 4:14 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Or Spurs! That's mine!

Actually, I won't lie, it's been nice to have Liverpool battling it out with the Arse for 1st place. It's like 1990 again.
Old Oct 10th 2013, 4:15 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

That's my mantra

Amen to that. Every club has ***** for fans. Granted they seemed to have guffed out of the woodwork lately for mine in excess. But I've met plenty of Manure fans who think God himself shit out Old Trafford, and Citeh fans that so betrayed any football principles at all that they adored Tevez despite him wanking rudely into their faces and then rubbing it in. Good Lord this utter pair of twunts who I used to work with in Britain were the epitome of arsehole Manure fans. Added in to that pish was that usual biased fan twattery wherein they really didn't think Roy Keane should have been sent off for crippling Alfe Inge Haaland. Then years later I had to stare into the faces of deluded pillocks who genuinely think that the FA en masse have a vendetta against pure, saintly Luis Suarez because he's just soo good and they're all secret Manure fans.

But yeah - Chelsea fans are ****ing annoying.

Last edited by Captain Cheesestick; Oct 10th 2013 at 4:17 pm.
Old Oct 10th 2013, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond repute

I think this is something we can all get behind.
Old Oct 10th 2013, 4:33 pm
Doin' It Right

Originally Posted by Captain Cheesestick View Post
Amen to that. Every club has ***** for fans. Granted they seemed to have guffed out of the woodwork lately for mine in excess. But I've met plenty of Manure fans who think God himself shit out Old Trafford, and Citeh fans that so betrayed any football principles at all that they adored Tevez despite him wanking rudely into their faces and then rubbing it in. Good Lord this utter pair of twunts who I used to work with in Britain were the epitome of arsehole Manure fans. Added in to that pish was that usual biased fan twattery wherein they really didn't think Roy Keane should have been sent off for crippling Alfe Inge Haaland. Then years later I had to stare into the faces of deluded pillocks who genuinely think that the FA en masse have a vendetta against pure, saintly Luis Suarez because he's just soo good and they're all secret Manure fans.

But yeah - Chelsea fans are ****ing annoying.
Part of footie, I suppose - shitty fans and glory hunters spoiling everyone's fun.

I'm a football fan first, Liverpool just happen to be the team I like in England. I also like teams in the NI leagues that nobody on here likely gives a shit about but one of them has won more league titles than Liverpool and Man U put together
Old Oct 10th 2013, 6:56 pm
So long...

I also like teams in the NI leagues that nobody on here likely gives a shit about but one of them has won more league titles than Liverpool and Man U put together
One decent team amongst minnows then? Sort of a NI Celtic these days?
Old Oct 10th 2013, 7:02 pm
Doin' It Right

One decent team amongst minnows then? Sort of a NI Celtic these days?
The last team fans of Linfield would want to be compared to is Celtic

Not sure if it is just because they (along with Glentoran, another Belfast club who have won 23 league titles themselves) are one of the oldest teams in the league, and other teams who might have won as many titles, or stolen some of theirs anyway have either disbanded or merged with other clubs.
Old Oct 10th 2013, 7:48 pm
No really, it doesn't

jimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond repute

Hang on, do you mean English players playing in England?

Because I can't think of many that play overseas....Beckham, Hargreaves...any more?
You are right about the present time but we have only sent 2 squads consisting entirely of English players playing in England to the World Cup since 1970 ........... 1998 and 2010.
Old Oct 10th 2013, 9:46 pm
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Part of footie, I suppose - shitty fans and glory hunters spoiling everyone's fun.

I'm a football fan first, Liverpool just happen to be the team I like in England. I also like teams in the NI leagues that nobody on here likely gives a shit about but one of them has won more league titles than Liverpool and Man U put together
Hang on. So you're not from Liverpool?
Old Oct 10th 2013, 9:55 pm
Doin' It Right

Hang on. So you're not from Liverpool?
No, I'm not. I don't know how it is for the Jocks or the Taffs but back in NI, while support for the local teams can be fierce; Scottish teams notwithstanding, most footy fans I knew identified with an English team because, let's face it the English League is the main league in the UK by a long way. Liverpool just happened to be the one I started to follow in primary school and I stuck with them even when they stopped winning league titles, cause I'm not a fair weather fan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.