Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Premier League

Premier League

Old Dec 26th 2011, 3:59 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League

I'd just like to say to my fellow Liverpool fans - what were you thinking? Your own player has been charged with committing a racist offense against another player and you all get together and decide to wear white to show solidarity? Not. Thinking. Properly.
Old Dec 26th 2011, 6:02 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to "The Baggies, for managing to hold City to a draw, quite an achievement. However, 5-0 wasn't a bad result for United either.
So now that it's level pegging... how do you like us now, City?
Old Dec 26th 2011, 7:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc View Post
or looking down at the 3 Lancashire clubs

to be fair, I quite like Wigan....... but would love Blackburn to just get deeper and deeper in the shite.
Actually if we stick to the after 1974 realignment of boundaries both Bolton & Wigan now fall under the Greater Manchester boundaries and Blackburn are the only Lancashire club in the EPL.
Burnley, Blackpool, Morecambe, Accrington and Preston are the only other Lancashire clubs.
Old Dec 27th 2011, 4:33 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
Actually if we stick to the after 1974 realignment of boundaries both Bolton & Wigan now fall under the Greater Manchester boundaries and Blackburn are the only Lancashire club in the EPL.
Burnley, Blackpool, Morecambe, Accrington and Preston are the only other Lancashire clubs.
At the risk of offending, I'm not sure anyone gives a shit.
Old Dec 27th 2011, 2:25 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
At the risk of offending, I'm not sure anyone gives a shit.
.. or even less than that?
Old Dec 27th 2011, 5:31 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
Wooleybacks.
Old Dec 27th 2011, 5:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc View Post
Wooleybacks.
You almost sound like a bitter scouser
Old Dec 28th 2011, 2:44 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Blah blah blah.

I hate Neil Warnock so much that even though I agree with him that QPR should not have had a player sent off I would happily tell him to his face that it was the right decision.

Gareth Bale scores nice goals. And Spurs points total over the last 15 games is better than both Manchester clubs. They look good. They must be because Talk Sport are claiming Adebayor looks sad and moody lately and they're all Chelsea and Arsenal supporters.

Sports media learn nothing. They always say Man Utd are no longer Championship material and that Arsenal are proving us all wrong and somehow winning games up until after Christmas. Then Manure win all their games 1-0 until March and Arsenal lose all their big games over a two week period and slip out of the trophies. Every. Single. Year.

Yossi Benayoun looked shit hot for the Arsenal this past weekend. Very underrated player. Amusingly Chelsea might buy Arshavin off Arsenal to fill the void left by selling Malouda back to France. Have they seen Arshavin play this last year? Presumably they'll take Chamakh as well for nowt.

Dalglish insists on playing football as if it's 1990 with all of the play focused on wingers crossing to the head. It's dull and isn't working very well. If the season keeps up at the same pace someone must have the balls to point out how his record compares to the last few managers. He's a miserable bastard as well. And his decision to also wear the White Power Suarez shirt to an interview was a terrible decision. Awful stuff.

Suarez is banned for 8 games for racism. Will probably get another 2 on top for his middle finger salute. He's a beauty of a player but I don't want scum at my club. Best he cut out the shit and start scoring.

Alex McCleish is so anti-football that he's even managed to stop Darren Bent from scoring goals. Villa look so poor it hurts.

Danny Murphy is still awesome at Fulham. Every time I see him play I'm surprised at how good he still is. Same goes for Clint Dempsey. No doubt my club will buy Dempsey next year and sit him on the bench.

The Guardian and the BBC just declared that Ashley Cole is too old now. Mind you Alan Hansen aslo said Kyle Walker has a right foot, "every bit as good as Beckham's." Do pundits get paid to make the wildest hyperbolic statements nowadays?

I'm pleased for Hodgson that he's doing well at West Brom. The shit some of my fellow Liverpool fans gave him was a pretty poor show. Especially considering now Dalglish is doing the same thing after spunking 100 million up the wall. But he's doing what he normally does for WBrom and they look a decent team.

Berbatov gets two games and scores one nice back-heel in one and a hat-trick in the other. At which point journalists drag out how uninterested he looks and how his demeanor makes him seem lazy. Luckily for me I caught Sky Sports commentary about the games where they showed how much ground he covered and touches he had - and that it was near the top end for everyone on the pitch. Then they pointed out that over Tevez's magic season at Manure Berbatov covered much more ground and was still considered to be lazyish and not tracking back in comparison to work-horse Tevez. Berbatov just looks sheepish and smooth. It's typical of the English press to call him slow and lazy because he can control the ball instead of trapping it ten yards and then chasing it like a real hero. And he'll be off soon anyway.

I'm still perplexed that Alan Shearer is still considered to be someone worth listening too. This is despite this week saying that both Torres and Andy Carroll would score two in their Christmas games in spite of no evidence prior to this that either will suddenly start scoring. And now again this morning he's banging on about how Andy Carroll should be Liverpool's first choice striker and that he, "needs a goal." Well yes - state the obvious. Oh and that he's "the kind of player who needs six or seven games to start scoring." I've never understood how football is considered to be one of the only occupations where you can earn quarter of a million pounds over a month and a half but also have an excuse for not doing your job very well in the meantime. Then he threw in the, "he's been unlucky" claim. That's like saying he's cursed by a witch doctor. I don't consider it unlucky to be getting 80k to play that poorly.

Attwell is a terrible ref and that was never a red card. Not even close.

I don't like John Terry. He's a dildo and often well overrated. Having said that his last few games he's been quite impressive. Which will make me laughing at him for getting banned for at least 8 games for being a racist twat even more pleasurable.

This week I saw Roberto Mancini being asked if Citeh need any new players. He answered 3 or 4 should do the trick. The balls of that man to make that claim. In a weird way the same can be said of Ferguson at Manure claiming that Utd don't need to buy anyone even though the entire defense is crocked and Carrick is now exclusively training as a CB. Dude - buy a defender. Samba is ten times the defender Johnny Evans is and will cost maybe 4 million. Chump change. Or has the 80 million for CR7 all gone to debt relief?

Don't the players vote for their Player of The Year at New Year? Who are they gonna vote for then? According to Talk Sport it's a toss up between David Silva, RVP and Gareth Bale.

Last edited by Captain Cheesestick; Dec 28th 2011 at 2:51 pm.
Old Dec 29th 2011, 4:46 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex View Post

Dalglish insists on playing football as if it's 1990 with all of the play focused on wingers crossing to the head. It's dull and isn't working very well. If the season keeps up at the same pace someone must have the balls to point out how his record compares to the last few managers. He's a miserable bastard as well. And his decision to also wear the White Power Suarez shirt to an interview was a terrible decision. Awful stuff.
What I can't understand, is how the media and pundits can talk about AVB's days being numbered and yet still talk about Dalglish as if he's done a good job, despite Liverpool's poor form and him spending nearly 100 mill on rubbish players.

Personally I think he deserves a bit of stick
Old Dec 29th 2011, 4:56 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
What I can't understand, is how the media and pundits can talk about AVB's days being numbered and yet still talk about Dalglish as if he's done a good job, despite Liverpool's poor form and him spending nearly 100 mill on rubbish players.

... and it doesn't take a great deal of imagination to work out where it should be inserted.
Old Dec 29th 2011, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
... and it doesn't take a great deal of imagination to work out where it should be inserted.
You respond to PB with that comment... ? Now what are we supposed to think?
Old Dec 29th 2011, 5:42 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid View Post
You respond to PB with that comment... ? Now what are we supposed to think?
What you usually think - sick fantasies, involving Wayne Rooney and a certain gum-chewing, alcoholic scots football manager.
Old Dec 29th 2011, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
What you usually think - sick fantasies, involving Wayne Rooney and a certain gum-chewing, alcoholic scots football manager.
Tch. Is that all? I thought it was going to be something groundbreaking.
Old Dec 29th 2011, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post

Liverpool have lost just 3 games this season, compared to the NINE that we had lost by 5th Jan under Woy last season. We have the joint best defense in the league, sit 3 points off 4th place and are in the Carling Cup semi final with a net spend of 38 million. "Rubbish players" that Dalglish has brought in include Suarez, Enrique and Bellamy.

As for playing 90's style of football crossing the ball to the head, Herpes have you watched all Liverpool's games this season? That doesn't sum up Liverpool's play at all.
Old Dec 29th 2011, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by BenandPam View Post
Liverpool have lost just 3 games this season, compared to the NINE that we had lost by 5th Jan under Woy last season. We have the joint best defense in the league, sit 3 points off 4th place and are in the Carling Cup semi final with a net spend of 38 million. "Rubbish players" that Dalglish has brought in include Suarez, Enrique and Bellamy.

As for playing 90's style of football crossing the ball to the head, Herpes have you watched all Liverpool's games this season? That doesn't sum up Liverpool's play at all.
Yet they've still only got 31 points from 18 games?

Come on, Pam.. the big names need to be cracking in goals, or they'll never make the top 4. They may be 3 points off 4th place, but the Arse are only 1 point off. Their GD is 7, compared to Chelski's 15, and City's 38.
It may be better than last season, but the fans will still be crying at the end of this one, if they don't make top 4.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.