Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Premier League

Premier League

Old Feb 26th 2012, 6:47 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League

Originally Posted by hopeful_Mark View Post
I had a wonderful day Pommy thank you watching The Arsenal beat 5PUR2.
Why aren't you lying under some table in the Twelve Pins, completely wasted?
Old Feb 26th 2012, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

hopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Why aren't you lying under some table in the Twelve Pins, completely wasted?

I wanted to get back to post on here for you.
Old Feb 26th 2012, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

hopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond repute

Old Feb 26th 2012, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

I went to bed at 0-2 and had the radio on but fell asleep.Woke up to there was carnage at Highbury which worried me a bit as I wondered what year I had woken up inAnyway I just thought we had been stuffed and could not believe it when he said the score
Old Feb 27th 2012, 12:20 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

A superb day of footy.

and on a day Stoke played Swansea I never expected to say that
Old Feb 27th 2012, 12:26 am
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc View Post
A superb day of footy.

and on a day Stoke played Swansea I never expected to say that
Agreed. Cracking day of football. The Arsenal victory was pretty surreal. They looked naff for a long time and then it just sort of "turned on." After that Arsenal-Spurs game I really felt that there was no way the final could be entertaining. Balls to that notion. I may have been very critical of Dalglish but a trophy is a trophy.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 5:52 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex View Post
Agreed. Cracking day of football. The Arsenal victory was pretty surreal. They looked naff for a long time and then it just sort of "turned on." After that Arsenal-Spurs game I really felt that there was no way the final could be entertaining. Balls to that notion. I may have been very critical of Dalglish but a trophy is a trophy.
And, once again, United were bloody lucky. Outplayed for 80 minutes and the 2 YTS lads did the business. Norwich looked pretty decent and credit to them, they didn't deserve to lose. Mancini must be shaking his head.

Well done Liverpool, I turned over to see the celebrations. A little over the top for a Carling Cup win on penalties against Cardiff, but at least they are back on the board. I'm sure the next 6 years will be slightly less barren than the last 6.

Arsenal - where to start? Redknapp for England? He seems very well qualified now.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 5:57 am
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
..... celebrations. A little over the top for a Carling Cup win ......
I have to say I appreciated it, my BBC stream froze on the last penalty with the ball in mid air. Me not knowing if it was in or not. Then back live with a great big piley-on.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
I have to say I appreciated it, my BBC stream froze on the last penalty with the ball in mid air. Me not knowing if it was in or not. Then back live with a great big piley-on.
My Foxtel recording stopped just after Cardiff equalised in extra time so I still haven't seen the penalties, but by the sounds of it I didn't miss much. I had a nasty feeling that we would lose this one with Gerrard, Suarez and Henderson putting in very average performances. Downing played well but Carroll's lack of desire to get on the end of some of the balls into the box had me pulling out what little hair I have left. Credit to Cardiff they put in a huge effort in defense and they never gave up the pursuit of the second goal.
As Herpes said, a trophy is a trophy and I am happy with that. The next game against Arsenal is going to be as big in terms of a CL place.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 1:27 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Some things I've learned from listening to the radio and reading the papers this morning.

- Apparently everyone is now in agreement that Gareth Bale dives so often that he's officially a cheat. Add the expected "he was never really all that good" stuff from people saying he had three cracking games in the Champions League last year and did bugger all else. Strong worded stuff. He's a good player obviously. But he does like a dive.

- Journalists are very adamant that Liverpool winning a trophy is a sign that they are definitely not a league team. Evidently the intense bad-will caused by the whole Suarez affair isn't going to allow any "well done" stuff from the press after reading the mocking tone about how Liverpool players were, "embarrassingly happy" to win a cup most teams play kids in. It's no wonder so many people are so derisory about the Europa League and this cup if that's the attitude. A cup is a cup.

- Harry for England. Shocking tactically yesterday. You can point out how well some Arsenal players did in the 2nd half I suppose. But Bale wandered all over the field and Kyle Walker seemed to forget which half he should be in. I thought Krancjar had a good game mind. At least it's introduced the amusing "Harry Doing Tactics" meme into football. It's not as if he's inept like Neil Warnock though. But pushing Bale down the middle when it has never ever worked is a bit odd.

- Robin Van Persie is ****ing immense.

- Emile Heskey played on the right wing for Villa the other day. Apparently with instructions from McCleish to not get forward. Utter madness. I would hate to be a Villa fan.

- Theo Walcott was utter shit for 55 minutes yesterday. Then he scored two goals. I have no idea how to think about that except to point out that Ronnie Rosenthal managed to score goals and still be absolute shit. Walcott clearly isn't a winger. And he's incredibly wimpy. But Michael Owen is tiny and scored arse loads of goals up top.

- Oddly Johnny Evans is apparently playing better than anyone for Man Utd. Looked an attrocious player last year (and earlier this year as well actually) - but last few games he's been talked up a lot.

- Martin Jol patted Mark Hughes on the head in a deliberate attempt to take the piss. Hilarious stuff. Hughes might fancy himself as tasty but Jol is about 50% bigger than he is - Jol would tear him apart like a bread roll.

- Everyone loves Roy Hodgson again. As in journalists are saying Redknapp is shit and Hodgson is ace. The winds are changing.

- Nobody in the Premier League has the slightest idea how to defend. At all. Glen Johnson being a case in point. He had a decent game going forward yesterday. Utter shit defending though. I assume everyone thinks they're Roberto Carlos now. So why doesn't Dalglish just make Johnson a winger instead? Because paying 18 million for him to never ever defend isn't cutting it.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 5:22 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
This is my last word on the matter, may the best team win
Thank you for your gracious words!

Please thank Harry for allowing us the space to play the way we should do every week.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 5:36 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Thank you for your gracious words!

Please thank Harry for allowing us the space to play the way we should do every week.
If I didn't know you better, I might think you were taking the piss.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 5:49 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hopeful_Mark View Post
I had a wonderful day Pommy thank you watching The Arsenal beat 5PUR2.
I'd 8 for you 2 have to keep repeating gags like this....
Old Feb 27th 2012, 5:59 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
I'd 8 for you 2 have to keep repeating gags like this....
Oh come one, it was hilarious!
Old Feb 27th 2012, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex View Post
- Apparently everyone is now in agreement that Gareth Bale dives so often that he's officially a cheat. Add the expected "he was never really all that good" stuff from people saying he had three cracking games in the Champions League last year and did bugger all else. Strong worded stuff. He's a good player obviously. But he does like a dive.

The only player to be booked for "simulation" in the PL twice this season.

- Robin Van Persie is ****ing immense.

Yes. Yes he is.

- Emile Heskey played on the right wing for Villa the other day. Apparently with instructions from McCleish to not get forward. Utter madness. I would hate to be a Villa fan.

It was like being an England fan with that hulking bag of shit playing for us. As my 13 year old son pointed out about his international career "Heguita scored more goals for Columbia than Heskey did for England, but be fair, he played 6 more games"

- Oddly Johnny Evans is apparently playing better than anyone for Man Utd. Looked an attrocious player last year (and earlier this year as well actually) - but last few games he's been talked up a lot.

I wasn't a fan, but am now. Same with De Gea who had a great game on Sunday. I forgot Jones was playing. I'd seriously consider giving Smalling some games though, Rio looks well past it

- Everyone loves Roy Hodgson again. As in journalists are saying Redknapp is shit and Hodgson is ace. The winds are changing.

Hodgson, Howard Wilkinson, McLaren, Allardyce, Redknapp. All English, all miles away from being good enough. Guus Hiddink?
Redknapp would be yet another car crash in a long motorway pile-up since 1970..... But is the best English candidate. That says all there is to say about English football.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.