Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Premier League

Premier League

Closed Thread

Old Aug 22nd 2011, 1:07 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Premier League

The new season is under way! This is what I've learned so far.

- That first weekend was the dullest opening weekend I can remember. It was dire. The quality level was just appalling. I am also finding it hard to get excited by Norwich.

- Two weekends in and already fans have loudly booed at Everton, Arsenal and Chelsea!! Why not give it a chance yeah? And booing at Stamford Bridge is just evil.

- Apparently people don't hate Man City for trying to buy the title in the same way people hated Chelski. I think this is for two reasons. Firstly Man City have such ridiculous amounts that it is actually likely that they can buy ANYONE. Meaning it is not too absurd to think that Messi or Schweinsteiger would turn up. Secondly, in spite of Balotelli being a twat, Chelski were hateable because they had a good couple of utter ***** in their team. John Terry - ****. Drogba - **** who always fell over. Robben - big headed ****. Ballack - German. Anelka - miserable **** who apparently thinks his hands are a pigeon. Mourinho - professional ****. Ashley Cole - arrogant ****. Joe Cole and Shaun Wright Phillips - ***** in way over their heads.

- Villa looked pretty good. Which is odd considering who their manager is. Looked well up for it.

- Andy Carroll cost more than Sergio Aguerro. One of those people is phenomenal and might be the most exciting out-and-out striker in the World right now. The other one has only ever played half a season of top flight football - and not very well - and is clearly the white Emile Heskey.

- Nobody can adequately explain to me why it's been okay to pay $30 million on English shit, but nothing for better foreign players. The best I've heard is that you pay more for English players because they can get away with diving.

- Everton had the finest start to a season in decades by having their opening game postponed and therfore not losing. Do they have some sort of Egyptian curse at the start of each season? Why do they start so poorly every single year? Mind you they played without a striker again - which is madness. Cue the next 8 loses.

- Berbatov still isn't being picked and is not for sale? I don't get it.

- Vrom - Swansea's goalkeeper - already looks shit hot. De Gea - Manure's keeper - looks terrified.

- Liverpool sucked arse in pre season. They looked hopeless. This might be because Liverpool insisted on buying every mediocre not-even-overrated midfielder in the league for silly money, and then choosing to hoof the ball Wimbledon style to Andy Carroll. I would never ever have bought Jordan Henderson, Charlie Adam and Stewart Downing for half the price they were paid for. Ever. Charlie Adam as the lynch pin midfielder? He's supposed to be our new Xabi Alonso. Sigh.

- Samir Nasri apparently likes money and sitting on the bench.

- English commentary is now blessed with the expertise of Gary Neville and Jamie Redknapp on Sky, and Alan Shearer and (shudder) Garth ****ing Crooks for the BBC. All of whom are apparently taking five from a disco they are at to mutter blandly about how someone shit (current rave English player) is the best player on Earth. I am totally bewildered as to why Shearer and Crooks are on television. Dull and bad at it. Also, the fact that Alan Shearer has already said, "it looks like City might have already won this thing" after beating Swansea and Bolton makes him ineligible to be near a microphone.

- Arsenal are beyond stupid. Everyone and their dog knew Cesc was leaving. They also knew what Arsenal ALWAYS do wrong. But still Wenger didn't do anything about it. But the icing on the cake is that Wenger went along with Barcelona in buying one of the best young midfielders in the World for **** all money. He could have put him up for sale and got twice as much from Barca. Arsenal are clearly ****ed behind the scenes because all their quality players realize this and then try and leave. Arsene used to buy talent so something is up. But lets face it - if Arsenal lose to Udinese and Manure this week they will be out of the champions League and bottom of the Premier League. Ouch.

- Theo Walcott starts each game brightly and twenty minutes later becomes invisible. It's then you realise that he, Aaron Lennon and Shaun Wright Phillips are supposed to be good because they can ran fast. Yet somehow their coaches have overlooked the part about having no control and not being able to pass for toffee.

- Apparently, even though you make 60k a week, you don't have to play football if, "your head isn't in the right place." Especially silly for someone who renegotiated his contract 8 months ago. and signed a SIX YEAR EXTENSION.

- Jamie Carragher is now so slow I'm not sure he's actually moving.

- I just heard Harry Redknapp say that he needs four new players. FOUR!!!

- Edin Dzeko looks like he might score a crap load this year. He looked like Juan Pablo Angel last year. This year he looks well up for it.

- How does Kieron Dyer get paid? He has played 3 times in 3 years and still makes 80k a week. And I'm still confused as to how Spurs can let Woodgate go for being injured permanently but keeping Ledley King who is injured more often AND Spurs allow to actually go play with England as well.

- David Silva might be better than me at football.

- Despite the ridiculous talent at Man City Gareth Bary is a starter. Which must mean he's very good. I hear people say he's shit. I imagine he couldn't give a toss. What it does prove is that football is a squad game, and that Barca pick Busquets for a reason even though everyone knows he just collects and passes on. James Milner also fits this description.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

hopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex View Post
The new season is under way! This is what I've learned so far.

- That first weekend was the dullest opening weekend I can remember. It was dire. The quality level was just appalling. I am also finding it hard to get excited by Norwich.
I have to agree other than the bit of drama with Barton the C*** it was rather boring.

- Two weekends in and already fans have loudly booed at Everton, Arsenal and Chelsea!! Why not give it a chance yeah? And booing at Stamford Bridge is just evil.
I can only comment on what i have seen and to be honest the booing at Arsenal has been very very minor, I was at both home games and other than a small amount of booing at the end of Saturdays game the press have taken it totally out of proportinon, there have been some Samir Nasri chants again minor and not worth talking about, but the press are all over Arsenal at the moment so everything is a story.

- Apparently people don't hate Man City for trying to buy the title in the same way people hated Chelski. I think this is for two reasons. Firstly Man City have such ridiculous amounts that it is actually likely that they can buy ANYONE. Meaning it is not too absurd to think that Messi or Schweinsteiger would turn up. Secondly, in spite of Balotelli being a twat, Chelski were hateable because they had a good couple of utter ***** in their team. John Terry - ****. Drogba - **** who always fell over. Robben - big headed ****. Ballack - German. Anelka - miserable **** who apparently thinks his hands are a pigeon. Mourinho - professional ****. Ashley Cole - arrogant ****. Joe Cole and Shaun Wright Phillips - ***** in way over their heads.
Until the Premier league and UEFA come up with a workable soloution to limit the money clubs can spend someone will always try to buy the title, Jack Walker did it with Blackburn, Abramovich at Chelsea and now Man City, I can only speak for myself but the way Man City are doing bbusiness it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and yes I hate them, As an Arsenal Fna I would rather see Tottenham win something before Man City, BRB just got to wash my mouth out.

- Villa looked pretty good. Which is odd considering who their manager is. Looked well up for it.
Same shit different season, they will come down with the decorations. I will admit I like the look of Bent.

- Andy Carroll cost more than Sergio Aguerro. One of those people is phenomenal and might be the most exciting out-and-out striker in the World right now. The other one has only ever played half a season of top flight football - and not very well - and is clearly the white Emile Heskey.
I have seen Carroll twicw now and both times I have not been impressed, I think someone got the decimal point in the wrong place with his transfer fee, Emile Heskey and a cheap whore do not go down as much as Carroll.

- Nobody can adequately explain to me why it's been okay to pay $30 million on English shit, but nothing for better foreign players. The best I've heard is that you pay more for English players because they can get away with diving.
With the limited amount of foreign players that can be listed in a squad the price for the better players gets inflated and at the same time drags up the price of the mediocre.

- Everton had the finest start to a season in decades by having their opening game postponed and therfore not losing. Do they have some sort of Egyptian curse at the start of each season? Why do they start so poorly every single year? Mind you they played without a striker again - which is madness. Cue the next 8 loses.
One of the most underachieving clubs in the League, if the reports are true they also have no money to invest in players without selling first.

- Berbatov still isn't being picked and is not for sale? I don't get it.
Happy sitting on the bench collecting his wages.

- Vrom - Swansea's goalkeeper - already looks shit hot. De Gea - Manure's keeper - looks terrified.
De Gea could be the weak link this year for United, I can see Ferguson bringing in someone else before the window closes but not sure who is available.

- Liverpool sucked arse in pre season. They looked hopeless. This might be because Liverpool insisted on buying every mediocre not-even-overrated midfielder in the league for silly money, and then choosing to hoof the ball Wimbledon style to Andy Carroll. I would never ever have bought Jordan Henderson, Charlie Adam and Stewart Downing for half the price they were paid for. Ever. Charlie Adam as the lynch pin midfielder? He's supposed to be our new Xabi Alonso. Sigh.
Seems a lot of money spent without really improving the quality of the squad, Alonso has never been replaced and that is why they have not had Champions league football for the last couple of years.

- Samir Nasri apparently likes money and sitting on the bench.
At this moment in time Nasri is still an Arsenal player, although I feel this will be resolved by next Monday, can you blame him more than double his wages, 5mil signing on fee and a rich happy agent.

- English commentary is now blessed with the expertise of Gary Neville and Jamie Redknapp on Sky, and Alan Shearer and (shudder) Garth ****ing Crooks for the BBC. All of whom are apparently taking five from a disco they are at to mutter blandly about how someone shit (current rave English player) is the best player on Earth. I am totally bewildered as to why Shearer and Crooks are on television. Dull and bad at it. Also, the fact that Alan Shearer has already said, "it looks like City might have already won this thing" after beating Swansea and Bolton makes him ineligible to be near a microphone.
Hate Redknapp, Neville suprisingly I am not finding too bad, all the BBC pundits seem so dull even the ex Arsenal players.

- Arsenal are beyond stupid. Everyone and their dog knew Cesc was leaving. They also knew what Arsenal ALWAYS do wrong. But still Wenger didn't do anything about it. But the icing on the cake is that Wenger went along with Barcelona in buying one of the best young midfielders in the World for **** all money. He could have put him up for sale and got twice as much from Barca. Arsenal are clearly ****ed behind the scenes because all their quality players realize this and then try and leave. Arsene used to buy talent so something is up. But lets face it - if Arsenal lose to Udinese and Manure this week they will be out of the champions League and bottom of the Premier League. Ouch.
Totally disagree with this, from the day Fabregas signed for Arsenal we have known one day he would go to Barcelona, he made no public noise about going all the press was from the Barca players, there was no way he would be put on the market for a bidding war as he has always said he will only ever play for Arsenal or Barcelona. It was reported that Real Madrid made an opening offer of 45 million which was turned down as the transfer was not about who will pay the most but making a player who has given us 8 years happy, just wish it was us signing him now potential to be one of the very best midfielders of all time up there with Zidane and Cantona. As much as I would hate to be out of the Champions league it may do Arsenal a favour this year, and if we are at the bottom of the table after 3 games I don't see it as a big deal, Newcastle is never that easy a fixture, Liverpool result was disappointing and losing at Old Trafford is almost a foregone conclusion (especially as they have just announced Fergies favourite ref got the game, Mr Webb with the wanky eyes and dodgy watch). Spread over a season these 3 results wouldn't be too bad bring on some easier games please.

- Theo Walcott starts each game brightly and twenty minutes later becomes invisible. It's then you realise that he, Aaron Lennon and Shaun Wright Phillips are supposed to be good because they can ran fast. Yet somehow their coaches have overlooked the part about having no control and not being able to pass for toffee.
Walcott gets very isolated out on the wing for Arsenal, he will miss Fabregas more than any other player I think, I have been watching him since he came to Arsenal and think he is an awesome player but he needs a run in the team to keep his confidence up, not a player you see the best of watching him on TV.

- Apparently, even though you make 60k a week, you don't have to play football if, "your head isn't in the right place." Especially silly for someone who renegotiated his contract 8 months ago. and signed a SIX YEAR EXTENSION.
Head is in Chelsea where he will get 130K a week without playing football.

- Jamie Carragher is now so slow I'm not sure he's actually moving.
Still does a good job for Liverpool but I am surprised he still starts most games for them.

- I just heard Harry Redknapp say that he needs four new players. FOUR!!!
Only 4 he is an optimist.

- Edin Dzeko looks like he might score a crap load this year. He looked like Juan Pablo Angel last year. This year he looks well up for it.
If he plays week in week out, at some point squad rotation will come in at Man City.

- How does Kieron Dyer get paid? He has played 3 times in 3 years and still makes 80k a week. And I'm still confused as to how Spurs can let Woodgate go for being injured permanently but keeping Ledley King who is injured more often AND Spurs allow to actually go play with England as well.
Spurs always have a player like that remember sick note Anderton. Ledley King is a mystery to me, can't train can't play two consecutive games.

- David Silva might be better than me at football.
Really?

- Despite the ridiculous talent at Man City Gareth Bary is a starter. Which must mean he's very good. I hear people say he's shit. I imagine he couldn't give a toss. What it does prove is that football is a squad game, and that Barca pick Busquets for a reason even though everyone knows he just collects and passes on. James Milner also fits this description.
There are many players not just at Man City who play week in and week out and I wonder why, I suppose that is why managers get paid what they do, and we are talking about it on an internet forum.
Back later need a rest after that.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 9:57 am
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Arsenal are a confusing thing though.

On the one hand you have to be exceptionally impressed with how they do business. They finished in the top 4 every year without spending the mad amounts the other clubs do on transfers or salary. They also refused to actually up contracts for people over thirty - which personally I think ended up being more problematic as players with plenty to offer (leadership for one) left en masse - Gilberto Silva, Petit and Pires played well after they left the Arse and did plenty for newer clubs. Arsenal also did this playing some very nice football. They also did so by constantly losing their first team players for some reason. Hleb, Flamini, Adebayor, Cashley (okay that's explainable), Gallas, Edu and Toure all come to mind. For whatever reason they came in, played a few and then seemed desperate to leave. Accommodating that isn't easy - these are all world class players. And now Nasri wants to leave, and Arshavin has been telling Russian press he wants out.

On the other hand I still believe Barcelona must be pissing themselves at paying that small amount. I know it's a respectful transfer - but that amount is pathetic. For a club that constantly goes on and on about not blowing money due to smart business that just doesn't make sense. Barca payed half this year than they probably would have last year. That just says held to ransom to me.

Two things are glaringly strange too. Firstly if this was a respectful transfer then again - Arsene should have figured out a replacement. To already be knee deep in the new season without a replacement means Arsenal will be paying more than they should. Nasri isn't playing now because he might be sold. Play him. Secondly Arsenal did buy great-out-of-the-box players once upon a time. Since they stopped then they have stopped winning. That's a fact. And everyone has noticed where it is that Arsenal are weak and have implored Arsenal to fix that. The predicatble Arsenal collapse is a solid four year pattern. Any other club would have done something with big money to stop that. So either the Arse have no money, Wenger is VERY adamant that the answer isn't doing what he previously did to win trophies (buying talent and not potential) but impersonate the Barcelona B team instead, or the men upstairs care about the economic model more than trophies. Which is fine, but the PR wing of Arsenal should come out and broadcast that they will not do what other top clubs do and piss money away. And good on them. I'd rather not have spent 120 million on shit like Liverpool have.

Last thing - Wenger's current situation is grossly unfair. Arsenal drew at Newcastle, beat a very good Udinese team, and still the press stated that if they lost to Liverpool Arsene might/should be sacked. The Guardian in particular are baying for blood. The board should just come out and say no way - not in a million years. Even if no Champions League football - no way.
The "Arsenal in crisis" thing is clearly a media thing tacked onto the back of what is factually a problem for Arsenal - they collapse seemingly because they don't see the need to have the kinds of players other teams do. So nip it in the bud and state categorically to the Arsenal fans - he isn't going anyhere - no way - and Arsenal are not a buying club. But I don't see that because if Arsenal don't get into the Champions League they lose twenty million pounds. Porto won the Europa last year and only got 6 million for that. The Arse got 26 million for not winning the CL. So if money is an issue then come out and say it.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

hopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond repute

Arsenal are a confusing thing though.

On the one hand you have to be exceptionally impressed with how they do business. They finished in the top 4 every year without spending the mad amounts the other clubs do on transfers or salary. They also refused to actually up contracts for people over thirty - which personally I think ended up being more problematic as players with plenty to offer (leadership for one) left en masse - Gilberto Silva, Petit and Pires played well after they left the Arse and did plenty for newer clubs. Arsenal also did this playing some very nice football. They also did so by constantly losing their first team players for some reason. Hleb, Flamini, Adebayor, Cashley (okay that's explainable), Gallas, Edu and Toure all come to mind. For whatever reason they came in, played a few and then seemed desperate to leave. Accommodating that isn't easy - these are all world class players. And now Nasri wants to leave, and Arshavin has been telling Russian press he wants out.

On the other hand I still believe Barcelona must be pissing themselves at paying that small amount. I know it's a respectful transfer - but that amount is pathetic. For a club that constantly goes on and on about not blowing money due to smart business that just doesn't make sense. Barca payed half this year than they probably would have last year. That just says held to ransom to me.

Two things are glaringly strange too. Firstly if this was a respectful transfer then again - Arsene should have figured out a replacement. To already be knee deep in the new season without a replacement means Arsenal will be paying more than they should. Nasri isn't playing now because he might be sold. Play him. Secondly Arsenal did buy great-out-of-the-box players once upon a time. Since they stopped then they have stopped winning. That's a fact. And everyone has noticed where it is that Arsenal are weak and have implored Arsenal to fix that. The predicatble Arsenal collapse is a solid four year pattern. Any other club would have done something with big money to stop that. So either the Arse have no money, Wenger is VERY adamant that the answer isn't doing what he previously did to win trophies (buying talent and not potential) but impersonate the Barcelona B team instead, or the men upstairs care about the economic model more than trophies. Which is fine, but the PR wing of Arsenal should come out and broadcast that they will not do what other top clubs do and piss money away. And good on them. I'd rather not have spent 120 million on shit like Liverpool have.

Last thing - Wenger's current situation is grossly unfair. Arsenal drew at Newcastle, beat a very good Udinese team, and still the press stated that if they lost to Liverpool Arsene might/should be sacked. The Guardian in particular are baying for blood. The board should just come out and say no way - not in a million years. Even if no Champions League football - no way.
The "Arsenal in crisis" thing is clearly a media thing tacked onto the back of what is factually a problem for Arsenal - they collapse seemingly because they don't see the need to have the kinds of players other teams do. So nip it in the bud and state categorically to the Arsenal fans - he isn't going anyhere - no way - and Arsenal are not a buying club. But I don't see that because if Arsenal don't get into the Champions League they lose twenty million pounds. Porto won the Europa last year and only got 6 million for that. The Arse got 26 million for not winning the CL. So if money is an issue then come out and say it.
Just to make things clear in my response, I am an Arsenal fan, a season ticket holder and I get to a few away games where I can as well so what follows could be very biased.
Top 4 finish consistently not too bad for a team with a strict pay structure and no big name signings for a few years, possibly since Denis God Bergkamp, in fact he probably was the last real big household name to be signed. That reportedly was Arsene Wengers first signing even though Bruce Rioch was the manager he was only taking care of things while Wenger saw out his contract in Japan. The policy at Arsenal is to only offer 1 year extensions to players that hit 30, A solid policy for the club but one that sees most of the older players move on, I cannot recall any of our older players moving on to do much better anywhere else but I don't suppose they can be blamed for wanting longer contracts. Many of the players you listed all left the club and with the exception of Cashley none went anywhere and had a more successful time.

Barcelona offered less money last season for Fabregas, I also think a deal was done last year with Cesc if we won nothing go, I do agree though forward planning we should have had a player ready to step into his boots, I genuinely think Wenger thought he could hang on to him.

The price after Saturday for any player Arsenal are interested in went up millions if and I do mean if because I am not convinced we will sign anyone, we do get in a position to buy the desperate need for players is almost an open invitation to take the piss on prices a situation where the blame lies solely with Arsenal. Nasri has gone today subject to medical which means so far this window Arsenal have sold 7 players for a combined price of 72.5 million, we have bought in 4 players combined price of 23.5 million so 49 million profit and a reported transfer fund of between 40 and 50 million before the window opened. I make that still around 90 to 100 million, so I don't see transfer fees being a problem other than Wengers stubbornness in only paying what he values a player at.

The current situation, Wenger has made the whole thing worse, I was and to a certain degree still am in the "In Wenger We Trust" camp, but my patience has come to an end, I feel this is a make or break season for Arsenal and Arsene no trophies and I think the club will have no choice but to look elsewhere for a new manager or come out and say that the funds have not been available. I believe that Arsenal now have paid off most if not all of the Emirates debt, they make approximately 3 million in gate receipts per game plus whatever gets sold in the shops and food stands, they also have Arsenal Holdings which is a very successful property company that just sold a plot of land near the Emirates to Barrats for 50 million, I really feel that money is not a problem especially as our 2 major share holders are extremely wealthy men. And no I do not want to see them, give the club a blank cheque for players. At the moment the fans are completely disillusioned we will pay 12 million for a 17 year old for the future but will not offer 20 million for Cahil, or Jagielka, that being the case I would love someone to give me the date when "the future starts".
One thing widely reported in the press is the outrage at the season ticket price hike for this year, press reporting 13000 season tickets not renewed fans leaving in droves, Arsenal season ticket highest in the league, all stories that add to the "Club in crisis" headlines everywhere. I doubt anyone was happy with the 6.5% price rise for this season but the official number of tickets not renewed was 2000, the press doesn't take into account that unemployment is rising and spare cash is hard to find for many at the moment, the other thing is Arsenal tickets must be paid in full in June there are no provisions in place to spread the cost over the year. My season ticket which is the cheapest in the stadium costs £989 but we get 26 games on that ticket, all FA Cup and Champions league games are covered (not that we may need them this year) if we only play 23 games we get a refund of 3 games off of next years ticket, if we play more the price is added to next years, so game for game our tickets are cheaper than Man U, Spurs, Chelsea, Man City to name a few QPR put their tickets up over 40% per game this year. Also we only pay £10 per game in the Carling cup. It all reads a little different when the facts are reported unfortunately at the moment the press do not seem interested in facts about Arsenal just where the next headline comes from.

I think I answered everything need to lie down now.
Old Aug 27th 2011, 6:49 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hopeful_Mark View Post
. My season ticket which is the cheapest in the stadium costs £989 but we get 26 games on that ticket, all FA Cup and Champions league games are covered (not that we may need them this year) if we only play 23 games we get a refund of 3 games off of next years ticket, if we play more the price is added to next years, so game for game our tickets are cheaper than Man U, Spurs, Chelsea, Man City to name a few QPR put their tickets up over 40% per game this year. Also we only pay £10 per game in the Carling cup. It all reads a little different when the facts are reported unfortunately at the moment the press do not seem interested in facts about Arsenal just where the next headline comes from.
Cheapest season ticket at Old Trafford is 532 quid. The most expensive is only 950.

http://www.manutd.com/en/Tickets-And...n-Tickets.aspx
Old Aug 27th 2011, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus View Post
Cheapest season ticket at Old Trafford is 532 quid. The most expensive is only 950.

http://www.manutd.com/en/Tickets-And...n-Tickets.aspx
Yep the season ticket is only £532, but when you buy it you agree to buy all the home cup games, average for Man U is 10 per season. Add that all together and all of a sudden that £532 is a lot closer to a grand.
Old Aug 28th 2011, 5:43 pm
Yeah that guy.

8 - 2?

Surely that's it for Wenger's policy now mate ? Let's be clear - Arsenal are supported by two multi-billionaires around a structure of not paying high wages, fees or transfers. And they are tanking. Today they played a younger team - the very thing Arsene has been trying and failing to build since 2004 - and got molested. Time to stop pretending that Wenger knows.
Old Aug 28th 2011, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

8 - 2?

Surely that's it for Wenger's policy now mate ? Let's be clear - Arsenal are supported by two multi-billionaires around a structure of not paying high wages, fees or transfers. And they are tanking. Today they played a younger team - the very thing Arsene has been trying and failing to build since 2004 - and got molested. Time to stop pretending that Wenger knows.
Arsenal have 3 days to make some pretty big, important signings, In Arsene we trust has finally finished for a lot of fans (me included), Sign players or bring in a new manager only 2 options I can see.
Old Aug 28th 2011, 6:29 pm
Yeah that guy.

Originally Posted by hopeful_Mark View Post
Arsenal have 3 days to make some pretty big, important signings, In Arsene we trust has finally finished for a lot of fans (me included), Sign players or bring in a new manager only 2 options I can see.
Hey not to worry. I'm sure the signing of Park Cho-Young was just what you were hoping for.

Seriously though mate - that was brutal. What a way to go out.

I say that because the first thing Wenger said was that he didn't seem to think they needed to buy.

On the bright side though - Wenger had that coat on that looked like a sleeping bag.

Last edited by Captain Cheesestick; Aug 28th 2011 at 6:32 pm.
Old Aug 28th 2011, 9:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

You surprise me HS, not one good word about the way Utd created and scored the 8.
In fairness to Arsenal, the two they scored, were well taken.
Your not biased are you ?
Old Aug 28th 2011, 11:45 pm
Yeah that guy.

Originally Posted by Dogbyte View Post
You surprise me HS, not one good word about the way Utd created and scored the 8.
In fairness to Arsenal, the two they scored, were well taken.
Your not biased are you ?
Oh good Lord no - United look phenomenal this year. Even Rooney actually is looking like he did in his first year for Manure if you count the last part of last season as well. Cleverley looks shit hot. Add look at that early substitution - Wellbeck (clearly confident and raring to bang them in) comes off for Chicharito - that's a damn good sub! As good and dangerous as Citeh look so far it's United who look like they've been playing as this unit for years. People are already talking about a two-horse race. Which is silly - mostly it's a one horse race with the new boys still a step behind. Arsenal aren't a bad side - they just have obvious weaknesses and Ferguson and his players brilliantly exposed that.

Last edited by Captain Cheesestick; Aug 28th 2011 at 11:48 pm.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 3:07 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

I think ManU played as well as I have seen them play in recent years. I put it down to Rooney's new hair.

Man City looked pretty well drilled (except for their habit of picking up stupid and unnecessary yellow cards), though Spurs were abysmal and helped them look better than they were. Not in United's league.

I also thought Liverpool looked efficient, in dispatching Bolton - good for a top four placing this year, I think.

On a side note, I hear Ruddy, Norwich's goalie, is being transferred to UFC.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 3:30 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
I think ManU played as well as I have seen them play in recent years. I put it down to Rooney's new hair.

Man City looked pretty well drilled (except for their habit of picking up stupid and unnecessary yellow cards), though Spurs were abysmal and helped them look better than they were. Not in United's league.

I also thought Liverpool looked efficient, in dispatching Bolton - good for a top four placing this year, I think.

On a side note, I hear Ruddy, Norwich's goalie, is being transferred to UFC.
Could we use the term 'below par' rather than 'abysmal' please.....
Old Aug 29th 2011, 3:32 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Could we use the term 'below par' rather than 'abysmal' please.....
You can use whichever term you wish to hide behind, my dear.

Last edited by Uncle Ebenezer; Aug 29th 2011 at 3:42 pm. Reason: Tired and hungover.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 3:35 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
You can use whichever term you wish to behind behind, my dear.
Actually, if I'm honest, they were ****ing shite

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service