Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Premier League 2015-2016

Premier League 2015-2016

Old Jun 3rd 2015, 6:20 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League 2015-2016

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
Personally, I don't mind players showing a bit of passion and singing anti-rival chants. GNev used to do it all the time. The issue I guess is the bad language - but I don't mind a player nailing his colours to he mast.
I think banter and chants are for us fans. I would say a professional footballer should show his passion by displaying years of loyalty to his club, showing integrity on and off the pitch, displaying behaviour that young supporters should be able to look up to, and mutual respect for managers/coaching staff and other players in the squad, a la Sir Ledley at Spurs for example.

As for Wishere, I'm not an avid follower of the Arse, but what has he actually done to contribute to Arse's achievements anyway? From what I can see most of his time is spent injured and/or pissed up in some club or other.
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 6:28 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

I say leave the lad alone....as ed says, Gary Nev's open hatred for the dippers only elevated him in fans' eyes because it was clear he was 'one of our own' and understood what it meant to pull on the shirt....Wilshere is clearly the same for Gooners, nothing wrong with a bit of passion, especially in these sanitized PC days...
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

gecko1 will become famous soon enough

I make one comment and the thread gets overrun by fellow Gooner chat
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

Personally, I don't mind players showing a bit of passion and singing anti-rival chants. GNev used to do it all the time. The issue I guess is the bad language - but I don't mind a player nailing his colours to he mast.
I agree with this. I like a player who is passionate about the club he plays for, not purely in it for the money ... (which most of the Liverpool & Man Utd/City squads are )
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 9:47 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gecko1 View Post
I agree with this. I like a player who is passionate about the club he plays for, not purely in it for the money ... (which most of the Liverpool & Man Utd/City squads are )
Speaking of useless wastes of money, how's Welbeck working out for you?
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 9:48 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gecko1 View Post
Whereas Sanchez, Mertesacker, Ozil and the lads are doing it all for the love of the Arse....*Cainess rolls his eyes at the 'new boy'*.....
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
Whereas Sanchez, Mertesacker, Ozil and the lads are doing it all for the love of the Arse....*Cainess rolls his eyes at the 'new boy'*.....
Absolutely they are! They realize there is surely no better club to be at
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

Speaking of useless wastes of money, how's Welbeck working out for you?
Well not ENTIRELY useless - he did score the winner in the FA Cup QFs. But yes, he'd be better suited in a mid-table premier league team. AW wanted him on loan anyway. Probably try and offload him in the Summer. Sure we may lose a bit of money but think of all that extra money that flowed in thanks to the FA cup win!
Old Jun 4th 2015, 12:03 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Nor do I.

Except we all know if Madrid offered to double Wheelchairs salary he'd be off in a heartbeat.

Sadly he's more likely to end up at Middlesbrough than Madrid in the next 5 years.
Old Jun 4th 2015, 6:58 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Wilshere was out representing the club and in front of thousands of fans shouldn't be swearing. It's ****ing irresponsible.

That being said, I bet any fan who took their kid there and takes them regularly to football will know that bad language is non-stop at a match. Especially if you're shit, inbred, moronic, thick and in a hole like Portsmouth / Anywhere North of the M4.
Old Jun 4th 2015, 9:52 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
Nor do I.

Except we all know if Madrid offered to double Wheelchairs salary he'd be off in a heartbeat.

Sadly he's more likely to end up at Middlesbrough than Madrid in the next 5 years.
Sure, but if you were offered double the money to leave McDonalds and go and work at KFC you'd take it. i tell my boss and co-workers I'm happy all the time, but if the right offer came in he wouldn't see the door slam.

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Wilshere was out representing the club and in front of thousands of fans shouldn't be swearing. It's ****ing irresponsible.

That being said, I bet any fan who took their kid there and takes them regularly to football will know that bad language is non-stop at a match. Especially if you're shit, inbred, moronic, thick and in a hole like Portsmouth / Anywhere North of the M4.
True, but the reality is every single kid and parent who were there would have shouted something worse at Spurs over the past year or so. I doubt anyone really took any offence, except liberal Guardian reading pansies who's team haven't won a trophy since an offside fluke in 1976.

I'm still surprised Arsenal were involved in something vaguely interesting. They're still the dullest club in the PL.
Old Jun 4th 2015, 9:54 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

So, it seems like McLaren will take over at Newcastle, and Liverpool have got James Milner for free..
Old Jun 4th 2015, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
So, it seems like McLaren will take over at Newcastle, and Liverpool have got James Milner for free..
Milner wanted to come to United, but his wife has Bingo on a Wednesday and she needed someone to watch the kids.

Has McLaren not been found out yet? He's on the list of managers who people don't seem to understand just aren't quite good enough. Allardyce, Hughes, Bruce, Rogers, Warnock. Clubs take these people because they have "experience". Experience at avoiding (sometimes) relegation. He's not going to make Newcastle into a good side. But then who'd want that job with Ashley in charge?
Old Jun 4th 2015, 10:14 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Sure, but if you were offered double the money to leave McDonalds and go and work at KFC you'd take it. i tell my boss and co-workers I'm happy all the time, but if the right offer came in he wouldn't see the door slam.

True, but the reality is every single kid and parent who were there would have shouted something worse at Spurs over the past year or so. I doubt anyone really took any offence, except liberal Guardian reading pansies who's team haven't won a trophy since an offside fluke in 1976.

I'm still surprised Arsenal were involved in something vaguely interesting. They're still the dullest club in the PL.
Great analogy on the work / money. It's hilarious how easily people forget that footballers are wage-earners too.

I don't disagree, but he has to be better than the man on the street - he can't lower his standards to that of a Northerner with an insatiable desire to shout ABU and with a moral compass as tight as Taibi's legs when Le God appears.
Old Jun 4th 2015, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Great analogy on the work / money. It's hilarious how easily people forget that footballers are wage-earners too.

I don't disagree, but he has to be better than the man on the street - he can't lower his standards to that of a Northerner with an insatiable desire to shout ABU and with a moral compass as tight as Taibi's legs when Le God appears.
Quite. Speaking of dodgy moral compasses...MY SUICIDE DESPAIR BY CHEAT LE TISSIER'S WIFE; Cathy's agony over soccer ace's affair. - Free Online Library

and before you get all "Giggsy" on us, we didn't call him God. Funny kind of God you worship down there.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.