Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Premier League 2015-2016

Premier League 2015-2016

Old May 15th 2016, 10:13 pm
seenbeendonenocriesnowhys

fuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League 2015-2016

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
Firstly - many many congratulations for proving everybody wrong - enjoy living the dream.

Now my team scored more goals than anyone else in the PL, got to the semifinal of the CL having topped the group of death, won the LC, qualified for next year's CL (baring a 19-0 win for Utd) and didn't get relegated. Not far off our best season ever Very happy with that......
Unfortunately, many of your fellow fans 10ks of them, couldnt be bothered
to stay behind, to honour a decent man, and still serving manager in
your last home game of the season, so many it seems were more than
dispondent and unsatisfied.
If Pep.G doesnt do the business or is struggling again for top 4 by November
One will see and hear from the disgruntled fans.

Look I would be happy with your season, Leicester would of been happy,
with your season, if we could match what you did this season, next season we would be more than happy. Its all down to perspective, and sorry the money you
spent does make a difference to that perspective, and certain expectations.
Man.city turned it around again when Aguero came back scoring, you missed
3 players..Silva, Aguero, Company, being fit, nobody from the others stepped up
to the plate that quantified their names has high quality players.Sterling so far
has not lived up to his 50mil price tag or potential.
I like man-city, but by now, like me I expect the terrace fans want to see more
from other parts of the team.
Old May 15th 2016, 10:39 pm
Jigsaw

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
Go to more games outside the Premier League.

Those get f**king mental when they want too.
Originally Posted by ededed View Post
I have. Went to a Palace / Millwall game at the old Den which was lively, but West Ham was worse. Throwing broken bottles of piss and darts over the away fans. Still, it'll be harder in their free stadium as its a bit further from the pitch.
Any Millwall game is a nightmare to work, and we're not looking forward to them coming to Cardiff next season if they win the play-offs.
Old May 15th 2016, 10:45 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
I have. Went to a Palace / Millwall game at the old Den which was lively, but West Ham was worse. Throwing broken bottles of piss and darts over the away fans. Still, it'll be harder in their free stadium as its a bit further from the pitch.
When Reading were in Division 2 in the late 90's I used to work one of the bars in the Madejski stadium. It was a good wicket. 50 quid for 4 hours.

It was a nightmare for the guys working the away fans. They used to pretty much have to give the beer away for free and then close the bar and not open at half time. Cardiff City were probably the worst I saw but even Bristol City had a good go at Thames Valley Police.

West Ham fans are a feral bunch. I dread to think how much they had to drop their season ticket prices to full the Olympic stadium. That will attract some sorts. It will be interesting to go there next year.
Old May 15th 2016, 10:50 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fuchs01 View Post
Unfortunately, many of your fellow fans 10ks of them, couldnt be bothered
to stay behind, to honour a decent man, and still serving manager in
your last home game of the season, so many it seems were more than
dispondent and unsatisfied.
If Pep.G doesnt do the business or is struggling again for top 4 by November
One will see and hear from the disgruntled fans.

Look I would be happy with your season, Leicester would of been happy,
with your season, if we could match what you did this season, next season we would be more than happy. Its all down to perspective, and sorry the money you
spent does make a difference to that perspective, and certain expectations.
Man.city turned it around again when Aguero came back scoring, you missed
3 players..Silva, Aguero, Company, being fit, nobody from the others stepped up
to the plate that quantified their names has high quality players.Sterling so far
has not lived up to his 50mil price tag or potential.
I like man-city, but by now, like me I expect the terrace fans want to see more
from other parts of the team.
Yeah if Kompany, Aguero, KdB and Silva had been fully fit all year it might have been different.

I agree that most the rest failed to step up with Lucky Joe, Ihenacho, Fernandinho and Otamendi probably being the only exceptions.

Sterling, Boni, Nasri, Yaya, Mangala, Navas, Fernando are definitely in that category and I think age caught up with Zabaleta and Demichelis.

Delph was also in the injured gang so too early to tell on him.
Old May 15th 2016, 11:37 pm
Jigsaw

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah if Kompany, Aguero, KdB and Silva had been fully fit all year it might have been different.

I agree that most the rest failed to step up with Lucky Joe, Ihenacho, Fernandinho and Otamendi probably being the only exceptions.

Sterling, Boni, Nasri, Yaya, Mangala, Navas, Fernando are definitely in that category and I think age caught up with Zabaleta and Demichelis.

Delph was also in the injured gang so too early to tell on him.
At least Fernando was trying to block Ayew's free-kick today, though Hart had it covered until he did.
Old May 15th 2016, 11:41 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
At least Fernando was trying to block Ayew's free-kick today, though Hart had it covered until he did.
yes bit of a recurring theme blocking it past Lucky Joe in important games.....
Old May 15th 2016, 11:49 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Anyway it seems like the bomb found in a stadium just outside Manchester was a training device left there after staff training - whoops.

Rumours that it was an unopened prawn sandwich turned out to be erroneous.....
Old May 16th 2016, 12:03 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cainess View Post

I could have equally claimed that Liverpool ruined most of my childhood, but then Sir Alex rode in to the rescue, and I've been extremely lucky to be able to say I've seen my team achieve everything I ever wanted them to IN ONE SEASON (1998-99)...
I remember that season well.

David Ginola won Players player and Writers player! Lit up a horrific Spurs side.
Old May 16th 2016, 1:21 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Did you all hear about the drama at Old Trafford? As an AFCB fan I thought I would get up early to watch the match only to find out it's been postponed due to a bomb threat. Turns out someone at a security firm had left a device attached to a gas canister and had forgotten to remove it during a drill last week. Uh oh, someone's in trouble
Old May 16th 2016, 5:03 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

I think being in the CL helps recruit better players and we do need to refresh the team quite a bit.

Feel for PB and James getting done by Ars on the last day but in the CL Group stage is good.

Congrats also to Scamp as his lot definitely in Europe.
Congrats, CL was paramount for Pep to come in and have some chance of being a real success in first season. It'll be interesting to see who he bins / recruits.

I'm pleased Tottenham got turned over. I got really bored of some of their fans banging on about how they've played the best football and been the best team all season and will finish second. In your face Poch, you grubby little Argie ****. I hope you cry.

Anyway, on to more important matters. We've finished in 5th or 6th. That's mental.

Arise, Sir Ronald of Koeman.
Old May 16th 2016, 9:23 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Congrats, CL was paramount for Pep to come in and have some chance of being a real success in first season. It'll be interesting to see who he bins / recruits.

I'm pleased Tottenham got turned over. I got really bored of some of their fans banging on about how they've played the best football and been the best team all season and will finish second. In your face Poch, you grubby little Argie ****. I hope you cry.

Anyway, on to more important matters. We've finished in 5th or 6th. That's mental.

Arise, Sir Ronald of Koeman.
Well I don't think many proper Spurs fans were saying that. Most know we are masters of the 'cock up' and would probably fall at the final hurdle.

I love the football we have played this season (save the last 4 games ) but in my mind the 2010 squad under Harry, with Gareth, Modders and Rafa the gorgeous one, was in my mind the most attractive football I have seen us play. Also Sir Ledley was a fine captain and leader and we miss that on the pitch. This squad are good, but they are young, and the immaturity was seen at Stamford Bridge and the ensuing games.
Old May 16th 2016, 10:16 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Well I don't think many proper Spurs fans were saying that. Most know we are masters of the 'cock up' and would probably fall at the final hurdle.
Oh they were, believe me.

Anyway, who cares. It's only Spurs and they've had a great season all things considered, even if they threw it away in full Slippery Gerrard style.
Old May 16th 2016, 10:37 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Oh they were, believe me.

Anyway, who cares. It's only Spurs and they've had a great season all things considered, even if they threw it away in full Slippery Gerrard style.
Oh don't go bringing up the Gerrard slip - we were all completely gutted when that happened
Old May 16th 2016, 12:35 pm
WWLLCJD?

**** me.

Squad

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (Manchester City), Fraser Forster (Southampton), Tom Heaton (Burnley).

Defenders:
Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), John Stones (Everton), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur), Ryan Bertrand (Southampton), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), Nathaniel Clyne (Liverpool).

Midfielders: Dele Alli (Tottenham Hotspur), Ross Barkley (Everton), Fabian Delph (Manchester City), Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Danny Drinkwater (Leicester City), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), James Milner (Liverpool), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Andros Townsend (Newcastle United), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal).

Strikers: Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Jamie Vardy (Leicester City), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United).
Old May 16th 2016, 12:43 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

**** me.

Squad

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (Manchester City), Fraser Forster (Southampton), Tom Heaton (Burnley).

Defenders:
Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), John Stones (Everton), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur), Ryan Bertrand (Southampton), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), Nathaniel Clyne (Liverpool).

Midfielders: Dele Alli (Tottenham Hotspur), Ross Barkley (Everton), Fabian Delph (Manchester City), Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Danny Drinkwater (Leicester City), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), James Milner (Liverpool), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Andros Townsend (Newcastle United), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal).

Strikers: Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Jamie Vardy (Leicester City), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United).
How the blinking flip do 3 crocks like Delph, Henderson and Wilshire get in? Why oh why do we take cripples to major tournaments it always ends badly.

Also not sure how anyone who actually watches any football can select Sterling or Roo Knee........

I suspect I may be getting my ticket money for the QF, SF and final back.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.