Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Premier League 2015-2016

Premier League 2015-2016

Old May 13th 2016, 1:49 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League 2015-2016

Originally Posted by fraser View Post
It was nothing against Everton, just seems to be doing really well at Saints and it isn't a massive step up more sideways.
I know and I agree with you.

Maybe he's tired of the club constantly selling his best players.
Old May 13th 2016, 8:50 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

I make him 100% right and can't fathom why this outraged you so much
What about the bit where he said there had been no attack on the coach was that 100% right too?

He has, to his credit, publicly apologized for being 100% wrong. You might want to watch the whole interview frase then you might come to a different conclusion.
Old May 13th 2016, 9:38 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
What about the bit where he said there had been no attack on the coach was that 100% right too?

He has, to his credit, publicly apologized for being 100% wrong. You might want to watch the whole interview frase then you might come to a different conclusion.

I did watch the whole interview it was on the pitch before the game he wasn't even asked about the coach damage. if there was another then that's different,

But Cairness posted his objections straight after the pitch interview, and he clearly didn't mention it, as I said to him how did he know he knew.

His answer was he's the director of course he must have known.

Just read an article which shows Liverpool fans doing worse to the Spanish coach and it also mentioned that Man U fans had done the same to the Man City coach..so yes it does happen everywhere, yet no media shit storm about those incidents.

Last edited by fraser; May 13th 2016 at 10:19 am.
Old May 13th 2016, 10:24 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

I did watch the whole interview it was on the pitch before the game he wasn't even asked about the coach damage. if there was another then that's different,
OK so it is indeed different as I think we all know and, therefore, you are not 100% in his gang in the totality of what happened then? Just on the one interview!

Anyway, on a related theme, I see the Met Police have released a whole load of CCTV images of West Ham fans involved in violent disorder that left 4 policemen injured.

To be crystal clear on where I am coming from here: every club has a minority of idiots who let the side down and your idiot minority was clearly seen in their idiocy at the match in question.

I am not tarring you all with the same brush as I used to have an Irons fan work for me and he took a bunch of us to a couple of games and he was a thoroughly decent bloke (if a bit of a pisshead) as were the people around us albeit they left early on 1 game when the oppo were 4-0 up at halftime.
Old May 13th 2016, 12:05 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

OK so it is indeed different as I think we all know and, therefore, you are not 100% in his gang in the totality of what happened then? Just on the one interview!

It doesn't change the fact that he was outraged by the comments I posted, regardless of what he heard/saw him say after, which I still can't fathom as his original comment was based on that.

I know exactly what happened there, and it's made out to be toxic, but it wasn't there was a party atmosphere and it wasn't done venomously it was caused by a comment and everyone was pissed up and laughing, not the gauntlet of hatred the media would have you believe.

It was just some exuberant littering.

Oh BTW I'm no fan of the police so couldn't give a toss.

Last edited by fraser; May 13th 2016 at 12:26 pm.
Old May 13th 2016, 12:46 pm
Jigsaw

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a great fan their's either, but I am of some of Sting's solo work.
Old May 13th 2016, 2:31 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

It doesn't change the fact that he was outraged by the comments I posted, regardless of what he heard/saw him say after, which I still can't fathom as his original comment was based on that.

I know exactly what happened there, and it's made out to be toxic, but it wasn't there was a party atmosphere and it wasn't done venomously it was caused by a comment and everyone was pissed up and laughing, not the gauntlet of hatred the media would have you believe.

Well if you think that kind of behavior is acceptable we will just have to differ.
Old May 13th 2016, 2:34 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

So moving on from mindless thuggery:

44 years of hurt ended in one single, unforgettable moment.
Four years ago today...........
Spoiler:
AUGEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Old May 13th 2016, 2:45 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I never get this whole 'oh, they were just pissed and over-excited and having a bit of fun' line of defense. Firstly, I've been pissed plenty of times and the closest I have come to disorderly conduct is pushing my mate around in a shopping trolley in a deserted car park at 3am. Secondly, just because someone is a borderline alcoholic doesn't give them free reign to be a complete arsebiscuit. And people wonder why English football fans have the reputation they do ...

For that matter, if and when Liverpool fans do the same, I would have the same response. To be honest, I'm embarrassed enough to share the support of the same team as some of them as it is.

As far as writing it off as 'exuberant littering' goes, well that says it all, really. Anyone who litters at any time is an arsehole, but when it's done with an element of vandalism thrown in, they become the rectum, the colon and the contents of said organs as well.

There's having fun in a party atmosphere and there's being a grade A twatstick, and these guys crossed the line when they started throwing shit at a bus. It's irrelevant what team they support and who owned the bus, at this point.

I'm not either but that still doesn't give me carte blanche to act like a cnut, or excuse cnutish behaviour.
Old May 13th 2016, 2:49 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

It's an interesting position considering your view that anyone that puts in a meaty tackle on a West Ham player is a thug.
Old May 13th 2016, 2:50 pm
I love my brick!

So moving on from mindless thuggery:

44 years of hurt ended in one single, unforgettable moment.
Four years ago today...........
Spoiler:
AUGEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Didn't that game also include Joey Barton? So not really moving on from mindless thuggery.
Old May 13th 2016, 3:14 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
Didn't that game also include Joey Barton? So not really moving on from mindless thuggery.
not the whole game as he got 3 red cards
Old May 13th 2016, 3:15 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
I never get this whole 'oh, they were just pissed and over-excited and having a bit of fun' line of defense. Firstly, I've been pissed plenty of times and the closest I have come to disorderly conduct is pushing my mate around in a shopping trolley in a deserted car park at 3am. Secondly, just because someone is a borderline alcoholic doesn't give them free reign to be a complete arsebiscuit. And people wonder why English football fans have the reputation they do ...

For that matter, if and when Liverpool fans do the same, I would have the same response. To be honest, I'm embarrassed enough to share the support of the same team as some of them as it is.

As far as writing it off as 'exuberant littering' goes, well that says it all, really. Anyone who litters at any time is an arsehole, but when it's done with an element of vandalism thrown in, they become the rectum, the colon and the contents of said organs as well.

There's having fun in a party atmosphere and there's being a grade A twatstick, and these guys crossed the line when they started throwing shit at a bus. It's irrelevant what team they support and who owned the bus, at this point.

I'm not either but that still doesn't give me carte blanche to act like a cnut, or excuse cnutish behaviour.
Old May 13th 2016, 3:37 pm
Jigsaw

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post

I'd love to lack the morals to be able to do something outrageously stupid and not care about the consequences.

But it's not who I am.

Last edited by DaveLovesDee; May 13th 2016 at 4:13 pm.
Old May 13th 2016, 3:39 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
I'd love to lack the morals to be able to do something outrageousy stupid and not care about the consequences.

But it's not who I am.
Strange that when you or I get pissed, that same sensibility stays with us, isn't it?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.