Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Premier League 2015-2016

Premier League 2015-2016

Old Apr 11th 2016, 5:56 pm
Jigsaw

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League 2015-2016

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
Be nice, but I doubt he would leave Spuds for Everton.
I take it Van Gaal isn't an option?

Maybe Mourinho isn't going to Utd?
Old Apr 11th 2016, 6:23 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
I take it Van Gaal isn't an option?

Maybe Mourinho isn't going to Utd?
Wouldn't want LVG for obvious reasons and I wouldn't want Mou either as he's far too disruptive to all the clubs he goes to. Of the PL managers who I think we could get the top one would probably be Pelligrini.

Outside of the PL, I wouldn't mind Bielsa or Emery
Old Apr 11th 2016, 7:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't want LVG for obvious reasons and I wouldn't want Mou either as he's far too disruptive to all the clubs he goes to. Of the PL managers who I think we could get the top one would probably be Pelligrini.

Isn't Dick Emery dead? Would fit in with the sentiments at Goodison
Oh you are awful but we like you.
Old Apr 11th 2016, 7:59 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Och, go on....PLEASE...

Here is a man who sees his team demolished 3-0 by Spurs, and then goes on the offensive in the press conference, calling United the 'bigger' club, and doesn't have the intelligence to see the irony in it all.....

IF we're the bigger club (which obviously off the pitch we are...but that's got nothing whatsoever to do with van Gaal....), why are we getting our butts handed to us by Spurs then, you Dutch numpty...!!
Old Apr 11th 2016, 8:00 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't this similar to the rise in revenues at Man City???

Leicester City and the strange finances behind their rise to the Premier League pinnacle | Football | The Guardian
Old Apr 11th 2016, 8:01 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
Och, go on....PLEASE...
Straight swap? The last time you took our manager it wasn't that bad was it?
Old Apr 11th 2016, 8:05 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Och, go on....PLEASE...

Here is a man who sees his team demolished 3-0 by Spurs, and then goes on the offensive in the press conference, calling United the 'bigger' club, and doesn't have the intelligence to see the irony in it all.....

IF we're the bigger club (which obviously off the pitch we are...but that's got nothing whatsoever to do with van Gaal....), why are we getting our butts handed to us by Spurs then, you Dutch numpty...!!
Carragher lets rip on him on a SkySports.com video I was watching earlier.

He is a man who doesn't understand the gravitas of his responsibilities.

Manchester United should be rivalling Real and Barca on the pitch and not be happy to stay in the game for 60 minutes with Spurs.

That was Carragher's sentiment and he is right.
Old Apr 11th 2016, 8:07 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Straight swap? The last time you took our manager it wasn't that bad was it?
YES, YES...give us Bobby...flip sake, at least he tries to implement some attractive, attacking football (he's just forgotten about defending.... )....that other tube takes off our only striker at HT with the score at 0-0 and plays bloody Ashley Young up top.... as if things weren't hard enough already....
Old Apr 11th 2016, 8:09 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
Carragher lets rip on him on a SkySports.com video I was watching earlier.

He is a man who doesn't understand the gravitas of his responsibilities.

Manchester United should be rivalling Real and Barca on the pitch and not be happy to stay in the game for 60 minutes with Spurs.

That was Carragher's sentiment and he is right.
Couldn't agree more James....it's absolutely shocking, and will surely 'come to a head' on Wednesday evening when West Ham tear us to shreds.... 250m spent, and we're further away from the top now than when SAF retired in 2013....
Old Apr 11th 2016, 8:15 pm
I love my brick!

YES, YES...give us Bobby...flip sake, at least he tries to implement some attractive, attacking football (he's just forgotten about defending.... )....that other tube takes off our only striker at HT with the score at 0-0 and plays bloody Ashley Young up top.... as if things weren't hard enough already....
Is that better than being 2-0 up and down to ten men, so take off a midfielder and bring on a second striker. Then you go and lose 3-2. Sure it gets your heart racing, but it also gets your blood pressure up.
Old Apr 11th 2016, 8:16 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

Couldn't agree more James....it's absolutely shocking, and will surely 'come to a head' on Wednesday evening when West Ham tear us to shreds.... 250m spent, and we're further away from the top now than when SAF retired in 2013....
I don't dispute that United are the "bigger" club.

However you just have to go 40 miles down the road to Anfield to look at what resting on laurels can do. I don't think Liverpool are a much bigger club than Tottenham now but they once were.

It was a little disrespectful to say United will always be the "bigger" club. But I think we give that clown too much air time on here. He will be gone soon.
Old Apr 11th 2016, 8:21 pm
I love my brick!

Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
I don't dispute that United are the "bigger" club.

However you just have to go 40 miles down the road though to Anfield to look at what resting on laurels can do. I don't think Liverpool are a much bigger club than Tottenham now but they once were.

It was a little disrespectful to say United will always be the "bigger" club. But I think we give that clown too much air time on here. He will be gone soon.
I think you're both confusing what LVG was talking about when he talked about bigger club. What he meant was that they have Sideshow Bob who is 6'4" (6'6" if you include the afro).

Old Apr 11th 2016, 8:25 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

I think you're both confusing what LVG was talking about when he talked about bigger club. What he meant was that they have Sideshow Bob who is 6'4" (6'6" if you include the afro).

http://www.offthepostnews.co.uk/wp-c...rticle_img.jpg
Yup.

He has lost his marbles.
Old Apr 11th 2016, 10:50 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Don't let facts get in the way of your 'theory'....
My point was you had more spending power, and could outbid with wages and fees, now I hear comments like we can't compete wit what they can offer,

We spoke to both of these, think we passed on Bielsa (though he did suggest Payet) and Emery made ridiculous demands on spending.

'come to a head' on Wednesday evening when West Ham tear us to shreds.... ....
Would love you to be right but can't see it, think it will go to extra time..which will benefit you as of course you'll have your normal extra man
Old Apr 11th 2016, 10:59 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Originally Posted by fraser View Post
My point was you had more spending power, and could outbid with wages and fees, now I hear comments like we can't compete wit what they can offer,

Would love you to be right but can't see it, think it will go to extra time..which will benefit you as of course you'll have your normal extra man
You do talk some ballix, frase.....

As for the spending power, we had plenty, and still do, but our 'power' is based on money the Club generates for itself....citeh & Chelsea have power that is not in any way related to football, so we cannot compete with that as it's not a 'level playing field'...still, no complaints, that's just how life is.

We have problems to address (not least the managerial position) this summer, so we'll see how that goes....Wednesday evening, I'll take penalties right now....

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.