Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Premier League 2014-15

Premier League 2014-15

Old Nov 13th 2014, 1:13 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League 2014-15

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 View Post
I always had a soft spot for the hoops, also Millwall, might be the pikey in me, but there you go.
What about Shadwell?
Old Nov 13th 2014, 1:32 am
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
What about Shadwell?
How's your prawn sandwich?
Old Nov 13th 2014, 4:31 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 View Post
How's your prawn sandwich?
More Lobster
Old Nov 13th 2014, 5:02 am
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

More Lobster
not surprised one bit
Old Nov 13th 2014, 5:33 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
The point was aimed at United specifically. Time to call ABU's out on that bullshit.

Of course, all of the above is true - I don't think we arranged for the world cup to go to Qatar though.
ABU stuff is boring. Drop it.

Qatar fully deserve snigger the World Cup. It's bringing football to the future snigger and to a region of humble snigger, polite snigger, genuine snigger, football fans sorry, can't carry on.

The line was drawn during the world cup when a local in dishdash was buying a France, Portugal, Netherlands and England shirt all with his kids names on the back. Ahmed was meant to be Ronaldo.

They're a laughable bunch just aimlessly claiming they support Barca or Real or whoever else happens to have a Middle Eastern sponsor, which is everyone thanks to Emirates...in fact, they sponsor ****ing everything.

It's not ABU. You are just being touchy as well.
Anyone that points out any flaws with United or anything against them (IE they're shit) are labelled 'ABU'. I might start doing it with people hating Saints at the moment....just ABS doesn't work as well...might put the brakes on that idea.

Anyway. England this weekend, apparently. Anyone give a shit?
Nope.

Anyway, it's always nice for me coming online in the morning and reading pages of drivel from you US based helmets.

Keep up the good work.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

graymel is an unknown quantity at this point

Ched Evans, should he be allowed back ? Big news at the moment back in England.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 1:10 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post

Anyone that points out any flaws with United or anything against them (IE they're shit) are labelled 'ABU'. I might start doing it with people hating Saints at the moment....just ABS doesn't work as well...might put the brakes on that idea.
ABU stuff is boring - just have to remind these newbies of their place, what what?

And that ABS joke could be the least funny thing since the holocaust. No-one hates Southampton anyway. That would be like hating your nan. Sure, she smells of piss and no-one really wants to visit her, but she always happily gave a decent gift (in your case 6 points a season, thanks very much) and always disappeared sometime after Christmas...

Originally Posted by graymel View Post
Ched Evans, should he be allowed back ? Big news at the moment back in England.
Yes. He's served his time and should be re-integrated back into society. What he did was abhorrent, but taking away his right to make a living after he's finished his sentence isn't fair either. What's he allowed to do? Be a brickie? How is that acceptable if being a footballer isn't? And all this shit about role models is bollocks. When a granny-prostitute-shagging gobshite can be England captain, society has lost it's ability to suggest footballers are role models anymore. That hasn't happened since Bobby Moore's days anyway.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 2:14 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. He's served his time and should be re-integrated back into society. What he did was abhorrent, but taking away his right to make a living after he's finished his sentence isn't fair either. What's he allowed to do? Be a brickie? How is that acceptable if being a footballer isn't? And all this shit about role models is bollocks. When a granny-prostitute-shagging gobshite can be England captain, society has lost it's ability to suggest footballers are role models anymore. That hasn't happened since Bobby Moore's days anyway.
Agree with this. While he may be a ******, I work with a lot of people who are abhorrent ******s too (using the binary system here, are they a ******, yes or no. I'm not giving people a ******ishness score on a 1-10 scale). If people can't go back to working after they are released then you should lock them up and throw away the key. Any football club can make a business decision about whether they want to hire him, in full knowledge of his history and the impact that may have on their reputation, but there shouldn't be anything in law stopping him. As to whether he should have been released after serving half his sentence, that is irrelevant to whether he should be able to work or not; it's a judicial system matter.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

graymel is an unknown quantity at this point

ABU stuff is boring - just have to remind these newbies of their place, what what?

And that ABS joke could be the least funny thing since the holocaust. No-one hates Southampton anyway. That would be like hating your nan. Sure, she smells of piss and no-one really wants to visit her, but she always happily gave a decent gift (in your case 6 points a season, thanks very much) and always disappeared sometime after Christmas...

Granny-prositute-shagging gobshite ?? Who can that be
Old Nov 13th 2014, 2:19 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with Ed & Mr. Weeze- he done the crime, he's done the time, why should he still have to 'pay' by not being allowed to 'work'...? Ched Evans is unlikely to even be a role model to kids who support Sheffield United, much less anyone else- he's a 'journeyman' footballer who has successfully wiped out any chance of being known for anything other than rape for the rest of his life.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 3:09 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

In agreement with all of you.

I think Evans should be re-integrated too. All he is doing is training at the moment and what's to say he'll be back at the same level.

He is a convicted rapist but from what I read (which could be a load of bollocks) the facts surrounding it are very dubious.

He does, however sound like he's not shown all that much remorse either which doesn't help him. It'd be better if he was apologetic and explained that football is the only thing he knows and he'll be a good boy going forward. Problem is he can't afford PR.

He sounds like a prick.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 3:13 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post

ABU means "Anyone But Us". Don't tell me those Manu fans have changed the last word
Old Nov 13th 2014, 3:18 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Of course those last bastions of moral indignation in the press will wail and moan about Evans, while getting drunk and shagging the secretary every chance they get. The British press really are the most awful bunch of hypocrites. Yes Mail and Express - I'm looking at you. Arseholes.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 3:27 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with you all about him returning to the pitch but what I find completely unbelievable is that his girlfriend has stood by Evans through all this, through the court case, his conviction and on his release.

As I understand it he was convicted of rape, not because he forced intercourse but because the girl involved was too drunk to realise what was going on. But in any event in the eyes of the law he is a convicted rapist.

How can any woman stand by her man after this?
Old Nov 13th 2014, 3:28 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

Of course those last bastions of moral indignation in the press will wail and moan about Evans, while getting drunk and shagging the secretary every chance they get. The British press really are the most awful bunch of hypocrites. Yes Mail and Express - I'm looking at you. Arseholes.
I hate the Daily Mail sports journalism team.

Martin Samuel, Neil Ashton and co.

Just after England had been eliminated from the World Cup Ashton wrote an article that Hodgson should be sacked straight away for the "failure".

Any sensible England fan knew it would be an achievement to get out the group so I sent him an abusive message on twitter.

When I woke the next day the article had been pulled cos they realised it was not a paper seller nor did it reflect the mood.

It is gutter press.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.