Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Premier League 2014-15

Premier League 2014-15

Old Nov 12th 2014, 4:23 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League 2014-15

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
The point was aimed at United specifically. Time to call ABU's out on that bullshit.

Of course, all of the above is true - I don't think we arranged for the world cup to go to Qatar though.
It was more to point out that United weren't 'what was wrong with the game'. Given that Liverpool were in the 70s and 80s what United were in the 90s and the 00s, it would be rather hypocritical of me to agree with the ABU viewpoint
Old Nov 12th 2014, 4:25 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
We don't hate Utd we (now) look at them as our very poor, debt-ridden cousins!
You mean poor cousins in Thailand because apparently in Thailand they can't afford replica shirts

It's Blatter's football family
Old Nov 12th 2014, 4:35 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

I hate Man United, if that helps at all.
Old Nov 12th 2014, 4:39 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
I hate Man United, if that helps at all.
Hating Man U (see what I did there Cainess?) is absolutely fine, most everyone does; however, it is the "Anyone But Man U" (ABMU) bit at dispute I think.

Man U ruined most of my life how could I not hate them?
Old Nov 12th 2014, 4:49 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Hating Man U (see what I did there Cainess?) is absolutely fine, most everyone does; however, it is the "Anyone But Man U" (ABMU) bit at dispute I think.

Anyone but Man U or Chelsea in my book.

Did you ever try that restaurant I told you about?
Old Nov 12th 2014, 4:54 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone but ... Chelsea ...
Old Nov 12th 2014, 4:57 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

I can see that JamesM is one of those people who is ALWAYS right (at least in his own eyes) and so reasonable debate is pointless. Therefore, sir, we shall agree to disagree on just about everything you believe to be true about Manchester United, save that the club have long since sold their soul to the highest bidder (the Glazers), and whore themselves around to all and sundry in the name of a quick buck... which, as you've alluded to, means they are far from alone in the modern football commercial world.

I shall, henceforth as far as you are concerned, only make comment on the ON field matters; further comment on finances at OT shall be directed to the rest of those posters on here who don't believe that the 'common' man in China has plenty of money to squander on official replica football kits when he can buy a decent knock-off shirt for a tenth of the price....
Old Nov 12th 2014, 5:01 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

We don't hate Utd we (now) look at them as our very poor, debt-ridden cousins!
Alas, Mike, I can't currently disagree.... your pity is much worse than your hatred...
Old Nov 12th 2014, 5:07 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
I can see that JamesM is one of those people who is ALWAYS right (at least in his own eyes) and so reasonable debate is pointless. Therefore, sir, we shall agree to disagree on just about everything you believe to be true about Manchester United, save that the club have long since sold their soul to the highest bidder (the Glazers), and whore themselves around to all and sundry in the name of a quick buck... which, as you've alluded to, means they are far from alone in the modern football commercial world.

I shall, henceforth as far as you are concerned, only make comment on the ON field matters; further comment on finances at OT shall be directed to the rest of those posters on here who don't believe that the 'common' man in China has plenty of money to squander on official replica football kits when he can buy a decent knock-off shirt for a tenth of the price....
I don't understand your obsession with knock off's.

None the less I appreciate the sentiment of your post.
Old Nov 12th 2014, 5:25 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway. England this weekend, apparently. Anyone give a shit?
Old Nov 12th 2014, 5:28 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

Hatred is an over used word.

I tend to have least favourite teams. This is lead by Woolwich Arsenal. West Ham and Chelsea float close.

Then it is the remainder of the "Sky 4" because they tend to attract the less attached "fans".
Old Nov 12th 2014, 5:32 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
Anyway. England this weekend, apparently. Anyone give a shit?
I'll tune in.

Be nice to see Rooney win his 100th cap and I think England are going to improve a little over the next few years. We have more young prospects than we did half a decade ago.
Old Nov 12th 2014, 5:34 pm
Grace and gratitude

Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
Hatred is an over used word.

I tend to have least favourite teams. This is lead by Woolwich Arsenal. West Ham and Chelsea float close.

Then it is the remainder of the "Sky 4" because they tend to attract the less attached "fans".
As Spurs fans we're expected to hate Arsenal, but the thing is I have always kind of secretly admired their football and can't bring myself to hate them (apart from Wilshere who is top of my hate list).
Old Nov 12th 2014, 5:45 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
I'll tune in.

Be nice to see Rooney win his 100th cap and I think England are going to improve a little over the next few years. We have more young prospects than we did half a decade ago.
Rooney could go on and get 130 caps - he'd be the most capped outfield player and highest goal scorer. I'd rather those honours went to someone more deserving. Carlton Palmer, maybe.
Old Nov 12th 2014, 5:45 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

As Spurs fans we're expected to hate Arsenal, but the thing is I have always kind of secretly admired their football and can't bring myself to hate them (apart from Wilshere who is top of my hate list).
I put Wenger's first double winning team as the best Premier League team I've watched.

Prior to Wenger they were dyer.

I understand the frustration of their fans. But I do wonder what will happen there if Wenger does leave???

This article is fantastic: Arsenal and Tottenham supporters have every right to question their clubs | Amy Lawrence | Football | The Guardian

I especially enjoyed the objective commenting. This one from an Arsenal fan:

People are starting to lose interest. Some money grabbing soulless cnuts spotted the passion surrounding football and thought: «Oh, we can make a fortune out of this passion» (please read that in the gnarliest inner voice at your disposal - think Mr. Burns), and so they did, and it was fun at first when the fancy names were thrown into the mix built on generations of passion, but then before you know it my Arsenal are playing 11 mercenaries with no organic connection to the club whatsoever beyond the paycheque (with the rare exceptions of course) and something doesn't sit right, but it's still fun because we're winning, but then we don't win anymore and even if we do it feels a bit naff against teams that have spent a tenth of what we have and the passion that was there in the olden days to see us through the dark, wet Wednesdays of being asswhipped by Derby, Wolves and Ipswich just isn't there anymore, and even the lottery winners at the Bridge or Maine Road can't be arsed to turn up and see if their respective plutocrat's expensively gathered gladiator playboytoys will win or lose to a team that may or may not possess something resembling a soul.
End of.
PS - Remember, most football journalists think this too, but they can't say it, as the crumbling of the naked emperor's house of cards would take their day job with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.