Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Premier League 2014-15

Premier League 2014-15

Old Apr 16th 2015, 5:09 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League 2014-15

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Hello sweetness, the daily Mirror told me yesterday that the Dorset coast was warmer than the Caribbean, if you would like to visit my rates are very reasonable plus it's like the Caribbean but with better shops, decent crisps, PG tea bags and Coronation Street on tap.
So, you DON'T want him to visit then....
Old Apr 16th 2015, 11:47 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Hello sweetness, the daily Mirror told me yesterday that the Dorset coast was warmer than the Caribbean, if you would like to visit my rates are very reasonable plus it's like the Caribbean but with better shops, decent crisps, PG tea bags and Coronation Street on tap.
Rates for what, exactly?

It may be warmer there (only 32 degrees today) but I don't have 3 more weeks of an election to put up with, and we don't get Coronation Street, so that's a plus. You can always send me some tea bags x
Old Apr 17th 2015, 12:10 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
Rates for what, exactly?

It may be warmer there (only 32 degrees today) but I don't have 3 more weeks of an election to put up with, and we don't get Coronation Street, so that's a plus. You can always send me some tea bags x
Who's doing what with tea bags? Wait, she does that too?
Old Apr 17th 2015, 4:14 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's sick that you'd let your children watch/participate in tea bagging with or without parental guidance. Shame on you Pommy!
Old Apr 17th 2015, 4:23 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Firstly I have no idea what you depraved numpties are on about and secondly don't tell me it's bound to be vile.
Old Apr 18th 2015, 12:59 am
Moreland Member

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

It'll be interesting to see if Palace can keep up their momentum, if they do they are moving into unchartered grounds compared to their best place finish of 3rd back in 1990/91 as far as "top tier" winning streaks go. It was back that season that they last did the Manchester double... City and United, which is something they are definitely aiming for this year as stated by the club.. Players going up in value as well. Bolasie now unbuyable at less than 25 Mil. Only paid 200K for him from Bristol City.

Not happy with the prospect of Jedinak and Speroni not being good enough for the Palace first team next year. Very sad after all the service given to the club.

Steve Parish still holding of the Yank buyers as they wont give him the autonomy he wants to run the club.

Definitely a trip up game v WBA especially as there will be a lot of hostility towards Pulis and Dawson. Last time the support was this trepidatious pre game was the Everton match.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Apr 18th 2015 at 1:04 am.
Old Apr 18th 2015, 1:43 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle View Post
It'll be interesting to see if ....
No it won't....
Old Apr 18th 2015, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze View Post
Who's doing what with tea bags? Wait, she does that too?
She'll do anything for a pot noodle.
Old Apr 18th 2015, 10:45 am
Open the pod bay doors...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
I think it's sick that you'd let your children watch/participate in tea bagging with or without parental guidance. Shame on you Pommy!
Firstly I have no idea what you depraved numpties are on about and secondly don't tell me it's bound to be vile.
Even the Urban Dictionary entry on tea-bagging was so unsuitable to be posted here.

She'll do anything for a pot noodle.
It depends on what flavour Pot Noodle.....

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle View Post
It'll be interesting to see if Palace can keep up their momentum [snip]
No it won't....
What he said!
Old Apr 18th 2015, 11:53 am
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Call me The Weaver.
Old Apr 18th 2015, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by Captain Cheesestick View Post
One lump or two?

Anyone else find the Palace result just hilarious? Pulis - manager of the year.

About to watch United try and steal a jammy point against the chavs. Really don't fancy our chances.
Old Apr 18th 2015, 7:56 pm

Oddly satisfied with United despite the loss. I thought it was the first time we've gone there and been the better team in years - dominated possession and took the game to them. It's so hard to play against 9 defenders, especially when Hazard is their attacker. By God he's good - a worthy champion. United looked sharp and lively and without Carrick were always going to struggle with Rooney having to play so deep. Falcao again showed he's not up to the standard, and Januzaj just looked poor when he came on. A disappointing game from Herrera, and a poor call from the ref in not calling a foul on Falcao that led to their goal.

Glad to see the yellow at the end for Herrera's dive. Although it would have been justice to have nicked a draw, I don't want to do it the Chelsea way.

And Drogba. What a complete wanker he is.
Old Apr 18th 2015, 11:59 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Oddly satisfied with United despite the loss. I thought it was the first time we've gone there and been the better team in years - dominated possession and took the game to them. It's so hard to play against 9 defenders, especially when Hazard is their attacker. By God he's good - a worthy champion. United looked sharp and lively and without Carrick were always going to struggle with Rooney having to play so deep. Falcao again showed he's not up to the standard, and Januzaj just looked poor when he came on. A disappointing game from Herrera, and a poor call from the ref in not calling a foul on Falcao that led to their goal.

Glad to see the yellow at the end for Herrera's dive. Although it would have been justice to have nicked a draw, I don't want to do it the Chelsea way.

And Drogba. What a complete wanker he is.
Chelsea sat back, played in third gear and did enough to ensure they will wrap up the Premier League with 3 or 4 games to spare.

Rooney is looking Beckham-esque these days with his passing. He really is a very good player and Van Gaal has added another dimension to his game.

I thought Shaw looked really bright. If nurtured correctly Shaw will be England's finest left sided player for quite some years. At full pace he makes good decisions and can pick his passes with accuracy.

Hazard should probably get PFA Player of the year but I'll still be routing for Kane!

Last edited by JamesM; Apr 19th 2015 at 12:03 am.
Old Apr 19th 2015, 2:57 am
Moreland Member

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Pardew may well have been out Pullised, time will tell, however there were a hell of a lot of missed opportunities.

Palace fans were dreading those 3 games in a row v Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool at the start of the season, it's a totally different story now.
Old Apr 19th 2015, 5:43 am
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

I'm gutted to have lost 1-0 away to the team that will be crowned champions of England in a few weeks time...and that tells it's own story as to how far we have progressed in such a short time.

Domination of possession, some lovely pass-and-move football, a couple of very decent chances, but still a defeat, and despite a good piece of vision from Oscar and a confident finish from Hazard, it's hard not to feel robbed. I thought the challenge on Falcao from behind by Terry in the build-up to the goal was 'iffy', and at OT may have been given as a foul, but there's little doubt the Colombian is a 'square peg in a round hole' at United and will be moving on in the summer.

I thought we had some really good performances from most in red, especially Shaw, Smalling, McNair, Herrera, Mata and Rooney. Rooney actually had too MUCH time to think about the glorious chance he put wide early on, such was the quality of the cut-back from Luke Shaw, and the biggest criticism that could be aimed at United today was the very few chances created for the amount of possession we had.

Mourinho can pretend he had it all under control if he likes, but there's no way he would have foreseen us having that amount of the ball at Stamford Bridge, and he's fortunate to have such a solid defensive unit with a couple of great forward players (Hazard & Oscar) to get him a result after such a 'park the bus' type display at home. They may deservedly be about to be made champions, but it doesn't make that type of performance easy to watch, and they've had a few performances like that this season.

So some good signs from a bad result, and it's hard to see how we can't sustain a serious title challenge next season on the basis of LvG having a summer to get the players he wants added to what looks a very decent squad already at the Club.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.