Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Premier League 2014-15

Premier League 2014-15

Old Sep 10th 2014, 7:48 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League 2014-15

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
So then Pommy, it looks like Spurs are going to homeless in a couple of years. Where are they going to play then, Arsenal's car park?
The whole project has been one big cock up from the start. The thing is it's not just about a new stadium it's about the regeneration of the whole area, the government need to step in and help sort matters.

Maybe the Spammers would like to share the Olympic stadium till it's all sorted....
Old Sep 10th 2014, 8:05 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
The whole project has been one big cock up from the start. The thing is it's not just about a new stadium it's about the regeneration of the whole area, the government need to step in and help sort matters.

Maybe the Spammers would like to share the Olympic stadium till it's all sorted....
If there's one thing Everton know about it's cock ups with attempted moves to new stadiums, so I feel for you. Don't expect any government help though, they screwed us when we were trying to move to the Tesco Value stadium.
Old Sep 11th 2014, 12:02 am
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
Yeah, course he did....the game he's referencing was played in the early 1970s, so yeah, it's something us Reds remember in our 'droves' and still fret over.... (rolls eyes).
my mistake, I thought it had riled you
Old Sep 11th 2014, 2:36 am
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 View Post
Er, I was about 2 years old when that game was played....having had to endure the late 70s & all the 80s before SAF finally gave us what we craved (league titles by the bucket load), it'll take a bit more than that to 'rile' me....

Besides, shouldn't you be more concerned with what 'novel' tactic BFS is going to come up with to better Brucie this Saturday...?!!
Old Sep 11th 2014, 5:41 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
If there's one thing Everton know about it's cock ups with attempted moves to new stadiums, so I feel for you. Don't expect any government help though, they screwed us when we were trying to move to the Tesco Value stadium.
I don't get why it's so difficult though?

Saints wanted a new stadium out by the motorway, got told no. So they bought some land and built one within a mile of the city centre for £31m. Cleverly, for when we become a huge team, we can raise the roof on several sides and put in a new tier.

I literally cannot fathom how teams struggle so much to find land, build a stadium, make more money.
Old Sep 11th 2014, 11:32 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

So Wenger has admitted that he didn't want Welbeck - saying if he'd been in the country on deadline day, he wouldn't be an Arsenal player.

1. Can he not afford a mobile phone?
2 Arsenal's manager, knowing he was a striker down, wasn't around during the end of the transfer window trying to sort one out
3. Welbeck must be feeling brilliant today. But we've all known he was shit, only desperate Arsenal fans were happy with the move.
4. And, most bizarrely, someone thinks Southampton will be a big club one day?

All very odd.
Old Sep 11th 2014, 12:35 pm
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
So Wenger has admitted that he didn't want Welbeck - saying if he'd been in the country on deadline day, he wouldn't be an Arsenal player.

1. Can he not afford a mobile phone?
2 Arsenal's manager, knowing he was a striker down, wasn't around during the end of the transfer window trying to sort one out
3. Welbeck must be feeling brilliant today. But we've all known he was shit, only desperate Arsenal fans were happy with the move.
4. And, most bizarrely, someone thinks Southampton will be a big club one day?

All very odd.
He's got a good point.
Old Sep 11th 2014, 12:38 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
I don't get why it's so difficult though?

Saints wanted a new stadium out by the motorway, got told no. So they bought some land and built one within a mile of the city centre for £31m. Cleverly, for when we become a huge team, we can raise the roof on several sides and put in a new tier.

I literally cannot fathom how teams struggle so much to find land, build a stadium, make more money.
Take your stadium with the super duper roof thingy and stick it where the sun don't shine.
Old Sep 11th 2014, 12:39 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Take your stadium with the super duper roof thingy and stick it where the sun don't shine.
Hey PB I read Spurs is on sale for a billion pounds - any takers yet?
Old Sep 11th 2014, 2:00 pm
Moreland Member

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 View Post
Wait 6 months 500-1 to go down right now, that'll drop.

Can't beleive they are above Everton with those odds.
Old Sep 11th 2014, 2:47 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

He's in Dubai. The sun shines all the time. Oh, I see what you mean. He's a Hampshire boy - he'd probably enjoy it.

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
Gonna buy from a guy named Levy? I'd count my fingers after shaking hands with him. If Bale was still there I'd buy the whole shebang for £57m , or a "Di Maria" as it's known.

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle View Post
Wait 6 months 500-1 to go down right now, that'll drop.

Can't beleive they are above Everton with those odds.
Minimum bet is £100, I'll let you place a private bet with me....
Old Sep 11th 2014, 3:35 pm
Grace and gratitude

It's about time we got our own oil sheik so we can buy the league
Old Sep 11th 2014, 3:52 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

It's about time we got our own oil sheik so we can buy the league
Like your thinking - It is very satisfying I recommend it - good luck with that!

However, Sheik Sugardaddy is ours and you can't have him!

BTW it is not just th eleague that can be bought, you can also buy the odd cup or 2 too
Old Sep 11th 2014, 4:18 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Like your thinking - It is very satisfying I recommend it - good luck with that!

BTW it is not just th eleague that can be bought, you can also buy the odd cup or 2 too
Surely all this success feels a bit hollow. Don't you miss derby games against Stockport?
Old Sep 11th 2014, 4:21 pm
Moreland Member

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Cringeworthy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.