Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Premier League 2014-15

Premier League 2014-15

Old Mar 22nd 2015, 4:20 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League 2014-15

Ferociously contested game that I enjoyed as a neutral.

Lallana missing the sitter and Gerrard stupidly getting sent off being the points where Liverpool lost the game. They really can blame themselves.

That Mata goal is the best of the season in my opinion in both quality and context.

I did think Rooney kicked the keeper and perhaps should have gone and joined Gerrard in the bath.

Last edited by JamesM; Mar 22nd 2015 at 4:31 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 4:27 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
Ferociously contested game that I enjoyed as a neutral.

Lallana missing the sitter and Gerrard stupidly getting sent off being the points where Liverpool lost the game.

That Mata goal is the best of the season in my opinion in both quality and context.

I did think Rooney kicked the keeper and perhaps should have gone.
I thought Roo knee was pushed into the keeper but agree your other points
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 5:18 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
Well, there is a season maker or breaker gone tits up.
Yeah he really let that slip.
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 7:06 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Captain Cheesestick View Post
Yeah he really let that slip.
I thought it was Gerrard's best game of the season personally. Oh and I do hope that Brenda hasn't come out and said he's not that sort of player, because he definitely is that sort of player.
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 7:36 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

and for those who missed it, City scored from a corner making it 1 goal from 262 corners this year.
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 8:05 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

If Carlsberg did Sundays....

That was largely a footballing lesson handed out to the mickeys, especially the 1st half, and the 1-2 scoreline flatters them massively....it was a 1-2 massacre in terms of domination of possession by an away team, and Gerrard left a perfect lasting legacy in this fixture- the ONLY player I've ever seen commit TWO red-card offences within a minute, thankfully getting his just reward for the second- thug. That Skrtel, predictably, stamped on de Gea in the last action of the game will hopefully see a retrospective 3-match ban slapped on him, too- disgraceful.

I thought United cruised through the first 35 minutes, scored a very clever goal from a good passing move (what a ball from Herrera!) and then seemed to go to sleep in the sunshine, presenting the ball to Liverpool time & again and almost paid the price when Lallana missed a sitter.

Gerrard handed the initiative back to us at the start of the 2nd half, but we looked sloppy and complacent until di Maria set up Mata for what surely has to be the Goal of the Season..?! Thereafter we went back to sleep, particularly di Maria and (unbelievably) Carrick, who made the mistake for their goal, and made it a much more nervous late period of the game than it should have been. Mata should have been allowed to take the penalty that Rooney failed to convert, to get his hat-trick, but by then a Liverpool equaliser would have been an injustice on the scale of the Maradona 'hand of God' goal....

So, LvG's methods continue to bear fruit after last weekend's destruction of Spurs, and if we can carry this form into Villa, citeh and Chelsea games, then CL football looks an achievable target.

The scouse? Summed up by Gerrard and Skrtel. Second best all afternoon, finally resorting to bully-boy thuggery; Carrick & Fellaini did such a good job on Coutinho that at times it seemed as if he wasn't even on the pitch (which, by the way, is a disgrace for a PL surface, bobbles everywhere).

VERY happy.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 12:01 am
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
I thought it was Gerrard's best game of the season personally. Oh and I do hope that Brenda hasn't come out and said he's not that sort of player, because he definitely is that sort of player.
His heatmap for the game....

A demented performance by him. Boggles my mind when players do that.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 6:57 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
I meant wanky in the disloyal, double crossing, Judas sense of the word.

Awww thanks for the constant reminders that I'm old enough to be your Mum. Have fun with your Dad!

As for Harry in terms of goals scored per minute played, he is now the most prolific goal score in PL history. What a lad and one of our own. He will inevitably be heading off to pastures new before long, but he'll still be at the Lane next season for sure.
Ta, very good time so far.

Don't ever say "one of our own" again though. It's tragic. Imagine if Saints fan sang it? We'd have to sing it non stop....for other teams too.

Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
If Carlsberg did Sundays....

That was largely a footballing lesson handed out to the mickeys, .........
VERY happy.
Good post.

I think United dominated but not just because they were superior but Liverpool were a shambles. They couldn't string passes together and there was a moment late in the first half that summed it up, long pass across the back, Sakho couldn't get near it, chased it and knocked it out.

It was similar to the United v Spuds game - the United midfield were too good and too efficient for the opposition. The opposition tactics / set up weren't right to deal with it.

Just as an aside - Balotelli is a ****ing joke of a human being.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 11:55 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Fellaini and Mata - brilliant. Who bought them to the club?

Di Maria and Rooney were very poor yesterday, aside from that we were very good, although Super Dave was asleep for their goal.

LVG looks like he's getting the hang of things. A long way to go, but with some decent signings to come things look positive. Smalling had a good game, and Jones didn't always look like a wardrobe. Carrick has bought some calm to a jittery midfield. I was pleased we bought Falcao on, but he didn't touch the ball and is surely gone now.

Gerrard? Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Absolute plum and coming out and begging for forgiveness shouldn't convince Liverpool fans that they're not soon dumping their biggest liability. He should have gone 3 years ago and secured what was left of his decaying legacy. Now he just looks stupid. It proves how right Fergie was when he used to bin players who were just at their peak. Rogers should buy him a ticket to New York today. If he plays in the Cup Final he'll probably score an own goal and punch the keeper unconscious. Twat.

International break now - just as we were gathering momentum. Arse.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 2:34 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
Gerrard? Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Absolute plum and coming out and begging for forgiveness shouldn't convince Liverpool fans that they're not soon dumping their biggest liability.
I noticed when he was apologising he didn't bother about the guy he stamped on (Herrera wasn't it?). I doubt he's sorry he did it, rather he's sorry he got caught.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 2:48 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

I noticed when he was apologising he didn't bother about the guy he stamped on (Herrera wasn't it?). I doubt he's sorry he did it, rather he's sorry he got caught.
Spot on, zargof....the twat is like the little boy caught with his hand in the sweet jar- he's sorry he got caught, not sorry that he did 'it' in the first place. I thought his 'challenge' on Mata seconds before that was WAY over the top for what was required to win the ball, and thankfully the little Spaniard managed to lift his legs off the ground just before Gerrard plowed through him, or he'd have been broken in two.... it's fair to say that the PL will NOT miss Gerrard (no matter what drivel that the tabloids try to spin about him being a 'legend'...these days he's more of a 'leg end'.) His 'apology' sums him up- it's all for show and not for any genuine regret.

Next season I know which MLS team I hope gets 'mullered' every game...
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 3:11 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Yep agreed - bang out of order, only crocodile tears in that apology. "I take full responsibility for something everyone saw me do...... "
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 3:13 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Zargie, how's that Azza Lennon working out for you?
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 3:39 pm
I love my brick!

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Hey Zargie, how's that Azza Lennon working out for you?
He runs around a lot and actually mishit a cross into the goal against QPR, so OK, I guess.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 3:45 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

He runs around a lot and actually mishit a cross into the goal against QPR, so OK, I guess.
Well at least he was trying to cross rather than shoot, which will have been a new experience for him

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.