Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Premier League 2014-15

Premier League 2014-15

Old Sep 8th 2014, 11:56 am
  #211  
Grace and gratitude
 
pommybird's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Somewhere else
Posts: 6,239
pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League 2014-15

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Let it slide? What's to let slide? People on the Isle of Wight are well known weirdos.
I was talking about your obscene dissing of Corrie, which is top quality viewing.

I agree with you on the IoW thing, although the same could be said of Cornwall (and the majority of Wales).
pommybird is offline  
Old Sep 8th 2014, 12:18 pm
  #212  
MODERATOR
 
ededed's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Home, I think.
Posts: 9,215
ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League 2014-15

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Everyone involved in writing, producing, filming, acting, watching 'Corrie' should be injected with ebola and shipped to the Isle of Wight to live amongst the freaks.
Daily Mail readers?
ededed is offline  
Old Sep 8th 2014, 12:20 pm
  #213  
Dunroaming back in UK
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Expat in Yorkshire now
Posts: 10,049
Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League 2014-15

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
Daily Mail readers?
Yep for sure them too and Guardian readers as well
Garbatellamike is offline  
Old Sep 8th 2014, 12:32 pm
  #214  
WWLLCJD?
 
Scamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 24,864
Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League 2014-15

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
I was talking about your obscene dissing of Corrie, which is top quality viewing.

I agree with you on the IoW thing, although the same could be said of Cornwall (and the majority of Wales).
I love Cornwall, but the Cornish are generally a bunch of choppers.

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
Daily Mail readers?
Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
Yep for sure them too and Guardian readers as well
Agreed.
Scamp is offline  
Old Sep 8th 2014, 5:39 pm
  #215  
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut
 
Cainess's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Little Rock, AR (originally from N. Ireland)
Posts: 2,859
Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League 2014-15

Never mind that....Hungary 1 Norn Iron 2!! The Wee Country off to a flyer!!

Now watch as we fail abjectly to overcome the Faroe Islands' 10 (sorry, 11) men behind the ball in Belfast next month....'hope' is the ultimate killer every time with NI; builds you up and then slaps you round the chops and tells you to 'wise up', NI are cannon fodder....

Still, we can but dream....
Cainess is offline  
Old Sep 8th 2014, 10:54 pm
  #216  
Forum Regular
 
Droidling's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: location location
Posts: 290
Droidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud of
Default Re: Premier League 2014-15

Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
Never mind that....Hungary 1 Norn Iron 2!! The Wee Country off to a flyer!!

Now watch as we fail abjectly to overcome the Faroe Islands' 10 (sorry, 11) men behind the ball in Belfast next month....'hope' is the ultimate killer every time with NI; builds you up and then slaps you round the chops and tells you to 'wise up', NI are cannon fodder....

Still, we can but dream....
Hee hee almost as bad as selling a good old wholesome striker to a rival (?!) for a snip (compared to net spend). He can even shin it in the net !!
How's RVP going ?

Last edited by Droidling; Sep 8th 2014 at 10:57 pm.
Droidling is offline  
Old Sep 8th 2014, 11:03 pm
  #217  
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut
 
Cainess's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Little Rock, AR (originally from N. Ireland)
Posts: 2,859
Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League 2014-15

Originally Posted by Droidling View Post
Hee hee almost as bad as selling a good old wholesome striker to a rival (?!) for a snip (compared to net spend). He can even shin it in the net !!
How's RVP going ?
If you call 16m GBP for Danny a 'snip', thank God you're not my bank manager...

RvP? Well, he's got a Premier League winner's medal in his cabinet at home....I guess now that you've signed Danny, one Gooner can claim likewise...
Cainess is offline  
Old Sep 8th 2014, 11:15 pm
  #218  
MODERATOR
 
ededed's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Home, I think.
Posts: 9,215
ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League 2014-15

Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
RvP? Well, he's got a Premier League winner's medal in his cabinet at home....I guess now that you've signed Danny, one Gooner can claim likewise...


Funny, I didn't think he supported Arsenal. I was pretty sure it was Leeds or Chelsea. ABU, anyway - that's his number one club.

I actually miss benandpam when compared to this one.
ededed is offline  
Old Sep 9th 2014, 12:00 am
  #219  
Forum Regular
 
Droidling's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: location location
Posts: 290
Droidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud of
Default Re: Premier League 2014-15

Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
If you call 16m GBP for Danny a 'snip', thank God you're not my bank manager...

)
You'll need to call your bank manager if you don't make top 4.
Droidling is offline  
Old Sep 9th 2014, 2:05 am
  #220  
BE Forum Addict
 
markonline1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 2,468
markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League 2014-15

Personally I didn't think the England performance today was all that, but it was an excellent result. Thanks to the favorable draw, they've pretty much qualified already which means Woy has 2 years to get a decent team gelled together.
markonline1 is offline  
Old Sep 9th 2014, 3:47 am
  #221  
MODERATOR
 
ededed's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Home, I think.
Posts: 9,215
ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League 2014-15

Originally Posted by markonline1 View Post
Personally I didn't think the England performance today was all that, but it was an excellent result. Thanks to the favorable draw, they've pretty much qualified already which means Woy has 2 years to get a decent team gelled together.
Terrific.

United>England.
ededed is offline  
Old Sep 9th 2014, 5:20 am
  #222  
WWLLCJD?
 
Scamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 24,864
Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League 2014-15

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
Terrific.

United>England.
Technically, at the moment;

Chelsea, Swansea, Villa, City, Liverpool, Spuds, Arsenal, Saints (#wemarchon), Hull, Stoke, West Ham, QPR and Sunlun > United
Scamp is offline  
Old Sep 9th 2014, 8:27 am
  #223  
Dunroaming back in UK
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Expat in Yorkshire now
Posts: 10,049
Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League 2014-15

Originally Posted by markonline1 View Post
Personally I didn't think the England performance today was all that, but it was an excellent result. Thanks to the favorable draw, they've pretty much qualified already which means Woy has 2 years to get a decent team gelled together.
A good summary imho - first thoughts: I am not sure Stones is the answer at right back and Jones for sure is not the answer at centre back. Delph was OKish but not sure he is international class and remain to be convinced of the wisdom of employing Wilshire as a holding MF particularly if Donkey Jones is one of the CBs behind him. England could get badly exposed against stronger teams with this team.

Welbeck "done good" and Sterling looks full of pace and promise whilst Roo-knee worked hard and linked play well but he does seems to have lost a yard of that express pace he used to have.

Cahill, Hart and Baines all did their jobs well and Henderson is turning into the new Milner (runs miles but delivers little). My marks out of 10:

Hart 7
Stone 5
Cahill 7
Jones 3
Baines 6
Wilshire 6
Henderson 5
Delph 5
Sterling 7
Welbeck 8
Roo-knee 6
Garbatellamike is offline  
Old Sep 9th 2014, 8:32 am
  #224  
WWLLCJD?
 
Scamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 24,864
Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League 2014-15

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
A good summary imho - first thoughts: I am not sure Stones is the answer at right back and Jones for sure is not the answer at centre back. Delph was OKish but not sure he is international class and remain to be convinced of the wisdom of employing Wilshire as a holding MF particularly if Donkey Jones is one of the CBs behind him. England could get badly exposed against stronger teams with this team.

Welbeck "done good" and Sterling looks full of pace and promise whilst Roo-knee worked hard and linked play well but he does seems to have lost a yard of that express pace he used to have.

Cahill, Hart and Baines all did their jobs well and Henderson is turning into the new Milner (runs miles but delivers little). My marks out of 10:

Hart 7
Stone 5
Cahill 7
Jones 3
Baines 6
Wilshire 6
Henderson 5
Delph 5
Sterling 7
Welbeck 8
Roo-knee 6

Interesting, thanks.

Phil Jones wouldn't get ****ing near the England squad if he didn't play for a former big club.

Problem is, there's **** all other options. Jagielka is a cruise ship. Caulker hasn't settled anywhere long enough to get good and improve, Stones isn't playing enough and very young, Chambers is NOT a centre half, who the **** else is left?
Scamp is offline  
Old Sep 9th 2014, 1:48 pm
  #225  
MODERATOR
 
ededed's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Home, I think.
Posts: 9,215
ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League 2014-15

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Technically, at the moment;

Chelsea, Swansea, Villa, City, Liverpool, Spuds, Arsenal, Saints (#wemarchon), Hull, Stoke, West Ham, QPR and Sunlun > United
True, but last time we had this many points from 3 games, we won the league (again). I think you were in division 2 then, it wasn't long ago.

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Interesting, thanks.

Phil Jones wouldn't get ****ing near the England squad if he didn't play for a former big club.

Problem is, there's **** all other options. Jagielka is a cruise ship. Caulker hasn't settled anywhere long enough to get good and improve, Stones isn't playing enough and very young, Chambers is NOT a centre half, who the **** else is left?
Who. Gives. A Shit? This is the PL thread, please can we keep discussions about our laughable national side to their own area of the forum? If I tried hard, and I mean really hard, I couldn't possibly care less. I find discussions between that Palace fan and Droidling more interesting.
ededed is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.