Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Premier League 2014-15

Premier League 2014-15

Old Sep 8th 2014, 11:56 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League 2014-15

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Let it slide? What's to let slide? People on the Isle of Wight are well known weirdos.
I was talking about your obscene dissing of Corrie, which is top quality viewing.

I agree with you on the IoW thing, although the same could be said of Cornwall (and the majority of Wales).
Old Sep 8th 2014, 12:18 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone involved in writing, producing, filming, acting, watching 'Corrie' should be injected with ebola and shipped to the Isle of Wight to live amongst the freaks.
Daily Mail readers?
Old Sep 8th 2014, 12:20 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
Daily Mail readers?
Yep for sure them too and Guardian readers as well
Old Sep 8th 2014, 12:32 pm
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
I was talking about your obscene dissing of Corrie, which is top quality viewing.

I agree with you on the IoW thing, although the same could be said of Cornwall (and the majority of Wales).
I love Cornwall, but the Cornish are generally a bunch of choppers.

Daily Mail readers?
Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
Yep for sure them too and Guardian readers as well
Agreed.
Old Sep 8th 2014, 5:39 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Never mind that....Hungary 1 Norn Iron 2!! The Wee Country off to a flyer!!

Now watch as we fail abjectly to overcome the Faroe Islands' 10 (sorry, 11) men behind the ball in Belfast next month....'hope' is the ultimate killer every time with NI; builds you up and then slaps you round the chops and tells you to 'wise up', NI are cannon fodder....

Still, we can but dream....
Old Sep 8th 2014, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

Droidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
Never mind that....Hungary 1 Norn Iron 2!! The Wee Country off to a flyer!!

Now watch as we fail abjectly to overcome the Faroe Islands' 10 (sorry, 11) men behind the ball in Belfast next month....'hope' is the ultimate killer every time with NI; builds you up and then slaps you round the chops and tells you to 'wise up', NI are cannon fodder....

Still, we can but dream....
Hee hee almost as bad as selling a good old wholesome striker to a rival (?!) for a snip (compared to net spend). He can even shin it in the net !!
How's RVP going ?

Last edited by Droidling; Sep 8th 2014 at 10:57 pm.
Old Sep 8th 2014, 11:03 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Droidling View Post
Hee hee almost as bad as selling a good old wholesome striker to a rival (?!) for a snip (compared to net spend). He can even shin it in the net !!
How's RVP going ?
If you call 16m GBP for Danny a 'snip', thank God you're not my bank manager...

RvP? Well, he's got a Premier League winner's medal in his cabinet at home....I guess now that you've signed Danny, one Gooner can claim likewise...
Old Sep 8th 2014, 11:15 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

RvP? Well, he's got a Premier League winner's medal in his cabinet at home....I guess now that you've signed Danny, one Gooner can claim likewise...

Funny, I didn't think he supported Arsenal. I was pretty sure it was Leeds or Chelsea. ABU, anyway - that's his number one club.

I actually miss benandpam when compared to this one.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

Droidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud of

If you call 16m GBP for Danny a 'snip', thank God you're not my bank manager...

)
You'll need to call your bank manager if you don't make top 4.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 2:05 am
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I didn't think the England performance today was all that, but it was an excellent result. Thanks to the favorable draw, they've pretty much qualified already which means Woy has 2 years to get a decent team gelled together.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by markonline1 View Post
Personally I didn't think the England performance today was all that, but it was an excellent result. Thanks to the favorable draw, they've pretty much qualified already which means Woy has 2 years to get a decent team gelled together.
Terrific.

United>England.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 5:20 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Terrific.

United>England.
Technically, at the moment;

Chelsea, Swansea, Villa, City, Liverpool, Spuds, Arsenal, Saints (#wemarchon), Hull, Stoke, West Ham, QPR and Sunlun > United
Old Sep 9th 2014, 8:27 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markonline1 View Post
A good summary imho - first thoughts: I am not sure Stones is the answer at right back and Jones for sure is not the answer at centre back. Delph was OKish but not sure he is international class and remain to be convinced of the wisdom of employing Wilshire as a holding MF particularly if Donkey Jones is one of the CBs behind him. England could get badly exposed against stronger teams with this team.

Welbeck "done good" and Sterling looks full of pace and promise whilst Roo-knee worked hard and linked play well but he does seems to have lost a yard of that express pace he used to have.

Cahill, Hart and Baines all did their jobs well and Henderson is turning into the new Milner (runs miles but delivers little). My marks out of 10:

Hart 7
Stone 5
Cahill 7
Jones 3
Baines 6
Wilshire 6
Henderson 5
Delph 5
Sterling 7
Welbeck 8
Roo-knee 6
Old Sep 9th 2014, 8:32 am
WWLLCJD?

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
A good summary imho - first thoughts: I am not sure Stones is the answer at right back and Jones for sure is not the answer at centre back. Delph was OKish but not sure he is international class and remain to be convinced of the wisdom of employing Wilshire as a holding MF particularly if Donkey Jones is one of the CBs behind him. England could get badly exposed against stronger teams with this team.

Welbeck "done good" and Sterling looks full of pace and promise whilst Roo-knee worked hard and linked play well but he does seems to have lost a yard of that express pace he used to have.

Cahill, Hart and Baines all did their jobs well and Henderson is turning into the new Milner (runs miles but delivers little). My marks out of 10:

Hart 7
Stone 5
Cahill 7
Jones 3
Baines 6
Wilshire 6
Henderson 5
Delph 5
Sterling 7
Welbeck 8
Roo-knee 6

Interesting, thanks.

Phil Jones wouldn't get ****ing near the England squad if he didn't play for a former big club.

Problem is, there's **** all other options. Jagielka is a cruise ship. Caulker hasn't settled anywhere long enough to get good and improve, Stones isn't playing enough and very young, Chambers is NOT a centre half, who the **** else is left?
Old Sep 9th 2014, 1:48 pm

Technically, at the moment;

Chelsea, Swansea, Villa, City, Liverpool, Spuds, Arsenal, Saints (#wemarchon), Hull, Stoke, West Ham, QPR and Sunlun > United
True, but last time we had this many points from 3 games, we won the league (again). I think you were in division 2 then, it wasn't long ago.

Interesting, thanks.

Phil Jones wouldn't get ****ing near the England squad if he didn't play for a former big club.

Problem is, there's **** all other options. Jagielka is a cruise ship. Caulker hasn't settled anywhere long enough to get good and improve, Stones isn't playing enough and very young, Chambers is NOT a centre half, who the **** else is left?
Who. Gives. A Shit? This is the PL thread, please can we keep discussions about our laughable national side to their own area of the forum? If I tried hard, and I mean really hard, I couldn't possibly care less. I find discussions between that Palace fan and Droidling more interesting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.