Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Premier League 2014-15

Premier League 2014-15

Old Feb 7th 2015, 2:44 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League 2014-15

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Who needs Gareth Bale?

What a glorious NLD and what a great atmosphere at the Lane. A well deserved victory. COYS!
#‎SameOldTottenham‬ I've woken all the units around me and I've never been the quietest person so probably the units beyond that.

#SameOldArsenal Park the Bus and try and get lucky on the break.
Old Feb 7th 2015, 5:41 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
#‎SameOldTottenham‬ I've woken all the units around me and I've never been the quietest person so probably the units beyond that.

#SameOldArsenal Park the Bus and try and get lucky on the break.
To be fair the Arse are pretty good at capitalising on any attacking opportunity but today we just kept coming and coming at them so they barely got a look in. A great advert for our academy players. He's one of our own....

Bring on the Dippers - we want blood!
Old Feb 7th 2015, 9:51 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair the Arse are pretty good at capitalising on any attacking opportunity but today we just kept coming and coming at them so they barely got a look in. A great advert for our academy players. He's one of our own....

Arsenal fans wondering what it's like to have a youth academy and develop their own players. How much was Ozil again?
Old Feb 7th 2015, 9:57 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

Did you see the weather forecast for Tuesday's game at Anfield???
Attached Thumbnails Premier League 2014-15-hurrikane.jpg  
Old Feb 8th 2015, 6:54 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

**** me Saints like to make me sweat. 92mins of hateful Arabic commentary makes it seem only fair that we nick a winner.

Can't remember the last time we did that.
Old Feb 8th 2015, 1:27 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

I tell you what Scamp - the joy on Koeman's face and the bouncing in the stands said everything. There's genuine earned belief there that CL is a solid prospect. I genuinely like Koeman. Bloody good player and clearly a good manager.

The Liverpool/Everton derby was fairly forgettable. A point is a point mind. Frankly though it's looking like looong European Thursdays ahead for us next year.

The Arse/Spurs game was ****ing excellent. I was hugely impressed by Coquelin in the first half. Mind you felt the same about Ryan Mason. And credit to Welbeck in his newer role where he is seriously working his arse off. Still it was nice to see Spurs win if only because Bentaleb, Ericksen and Dembele played very, very well. Lamela was frankly a sack of wank. I won't pile on even more on the Kane bandwagon because it's pretty obvious. Let's hope he's a a long-termer and not another Michael Ricketts.

As for City stumbling at Hull. God that defense looks awful. And how can such an expensively assembled team constantly look so inept at times going forward? Credit to Milner though - again he never stopped running and saved his team.
Old Feb 8th 2015, 1:46 pm
Open the pod bay doors...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Captain Cheesestick View Post
I tell you what Scamp - the joy on Koeman's face and the bouncing in the stands said everything. There's genuine earned belief there that CL is a solid prospect. I genuinely like Koeman. Bloody good player and clearly a good manager.

The Liverpool/Everton derby was fairly forgettable. A point is a point mind. Frankly though it's looking like looong European Thursdays ahead for us next year.

The Arse/Spurs game was ****ing excellent. I was hugely impressed by Coquelin in the first half. Mind you felt the same about Ryan Mason. And credit to Welbeck in his newer role where he is seriously working his arse off. Still it was nice to see Spurs win if only because Bentaleb, Ericksen and Dembele played very, very well. Lamela was frankly a sack of wank. I won't pile on even more on the Kane bandwagon because it's pretty obvious. Let's hope he's a a long-termer and not another Michael Ricketts.

As for City stumbling at Hull. God that defense looks awful. And how can such an expensively assembled team constantly look so inept at times going forward? Credit to Milner though - again he never stopped running and saved his team.
Yep. Spurs deserved that win. Congratulations on a well-played game.
Old Feb 8th 2015, 5:48 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
Meanwhile we journey to East London, which I fully expect will see us return empty-handed, as the Hammers are a much better side than they are given credit for, and our defence is she-ite, especially if Louie continues with his 3-at-the-back nonsense. Sakho & Valencia will have a laugh in a sprint against the likes of Jones or Evans, so de Gea will need to be in his usual form to keep the score down...
20 minutes to go and I'm already conceding defeat. Another horrible, horrible performance, devoid of effort and ideas. United look simply dreadful, the shape and balance of this team is all wrong. We look like we're half beaten before we start. Not a single United player (except de Gea) has deserved their place based on their performance today. Yup, West Ham are hard to beat, but we aren't.

Utter crap.
Old Feb 8th 2015, 7:56 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
20 minutes to go and I'm already conceding defeat. Another horrible, horrible performance, devoid of effort and ideas. United look simply dreadful, the shape and balance of this team is all wrong. We look like we're half beaten before we start. Not a single United player (except de Gea) has deserved their place based on their performance today. Yup, West Ham are hard to beat, but we aren't.

Utter crap.
Lucky, lucky point. I hoped we wouldn't score. I don't want anyone at the club thinking things are ok. They aren't.
Old Feb 8th 2015, 8:17 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

Lucky, lucky point. I hoped we wouldn't score. I don't want anyone at the club thinking things are ok. They aren't.
The individual quality keeping them going. Certainly not much of a team effort. At this stage anyone could actually be manager.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...after-1-1-draw

3rd place down is going to be an exciting run in this year.

Last edited by JamesM; Feb 8th 2015 at 8:26 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2015, 10:38 pm

The individual quality keeping them going. Certainly not much of a team effort. At this stage anyone could actually be manager.

Premier League: West Ham boss Sam Allardyce in 'long ball' dig at Manchester United after 1-1 draw | Football News | Sky Sports

3rd place down is going to be an exciting run in this year.
Yup, true. Di Maria is struggling and Falcao just doesn't look the right player for us. Rooney playing in midfield was a snarling, angry mess today. Rojo looked strong in places but his positional sense isn't there - and Januzaj was out of his depth. How he got the permanent number 11 shirt is beyond me. Awful challenge by Shaw and deserved a red - although Song could have been sent off twice. Valencia couldn't cross a t, and we still can't take corners.

It's all a huge mess, and the tactical genius that is LVG isn't making it any better. We have creative midfielders in Herrera and Mata, we have an enforcer in Fellaini. We have wide players, great strikers and at least 2 defenders in Rojo and Shaw who've got pedigree, and Blind who looks like he can play either as DM or sweeper and a world-class keeper. And we can't beat Cambridge away or Southampton at home.

I seriously think I could do better. The players just don't seem "up for it". Maybe we should get Stuart Pearce in.
Old Feb 8th 2015, 11:12 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

I seriously think I could do better. The players just don't seem "up for it". Maybe we should get Stuart Pearce in.
Nigel Pearson should be available after he went full Pardew on James McArthur.

Last edited by zargof; Feb 8th 2015 at 11:15 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2015, 11:38 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Captain Cheesestick View Post
Yeah, not a great game. Not surprised really at the way we went defensive, but now it's three clean sheets in a row, and considering how we started the season, it's a good thing, there actually is a Plan B.

Oh yeah and can someone explain what is the point in the "Welsh Xavi" Joe Allen?
Old Feb 8th 2015, 11:39 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
Nigel Pearson should be available after he went full Pardew on James McArthur.
I'm going to continue to plug Ian Holloway at every opportunity.

Last edited by JamesM; Feb 8th 2015 at 11:42 pm.
Old Feb 9th 2015, 1:49 am
Moreland Member

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to continue to plug Ian Holloway at every opportunity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6PacW2fJV0

Thank god we got rid of Coco.... As for Person, apparently his idea of a joke which makes him well weird, he knows Macarthur in person..... Plus he may well not have been sacked by Leicester. Still the manager at present.

Talking managers, keep your Eye on Freeman, he could well do it albeit in a very dull style for Forest.... After all Pulis benefited completely from Freemans pre built team at Palace after Freeman went troppo and chased glory backwards at Bolton, supposedly on Fergusons advice who Freeman had as a daily mentor. Ferguson at the time was gearing him up for something big, scot to scot.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Feb 9th 2015 at 1:55 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.