Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Premier League 2014-15

Premier League 2014-15

Old Jan 22nd 2015, 10:47 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League 2014-15

It's crazy to see both Heskey and Rooney talking about the FA Cup as if it's the most important thing in the world to them, even crazier when you realise Heskey has won it and Rooney hasn't.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 11:04 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, our record in the FA Cup over the last decade has been woeful, usually because SAF treated it very much as the THIRD top priority every season (which, to be fair, if you're in the European Cup, it is), and for the likes of Rooney to pretend that it mattered in the past is ridiculous...now, it MAY matter slightly more this season as he is only too aware that it is our only hope of silverware...so I'd hope Cambridge United will be savaged tomorrow evening, if only to prove to us fans that they really do mean business in the Cup this year....
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 1:58 am
Moreland Member

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

The clubs that dont think the FA Cup is important should pack their bags and play to the international community and forget they are English. Play games world wide and become like the Harlem Globetrotters.

Far too big for the English League system where their fans are now mostly irrelevant.
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 2:05 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle View Post
The clubs that dont think the FA Cup is important should pack their bags and play to the international community and forget they are English. Play games world wide and become like the Harlem Globetrotters.

Far too big for the English League system where their fans are now mostly irrelevant.
The League Cup is the Premier Competition of World Football these days.

If you're not in the League Cup you're no where!
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 2:10 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
Yeah, our record in the FA Cup over the last decade has been woeful, usually because SAF treated it very much as the THIRD top priority every season (which, to be fair, if you're in the European Cup, it is), and for the likes of Rooney to pretend that it mattered in the past is ridiculous...now, it MAY matter slightly more this season as he is only too aware that it is our only hope of silverware...so I'd hope Cambridge United will be savaged tomorrow evening, if only to prove to us fans that they really do mean business in the Cup this year....
It would be the third priority for any team in European football.

I've always wished they'd give the 4th Champions League spot to the FA Cup Winner as I really feel that would put some magic back.

I also think teams in Europe shouldn't play in the League Cup. This would reduce their games (congestion and injuries) but also give someone new a shot at Europe each season making it more of a novelty.

How am I doing? I'm hoping to run against Sepp Blatter
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 10:34 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
It would be the third priority for any team in European football.

I've always wished they'd give the 4th Champions League spot to the FA Cup Winner as I really feel that would put some magic back.

I also think teams in Europe shouldn't play in the League Cup. This would reduce their games (congestion and injuries) but also give someone new a shot at Europe each season making it more of a novelty.

How am I doing? I'm hoping to run against Sepp Blatter
Awesome post. I'd vote for you.
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 10:37 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
Awesome post. I'd vote for you.
Me too
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 11:41 am
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

20 years today...

Old Jan 23rd 2015, 1:57 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Captain Cheesestick View Post

Great stuff.
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 2:15 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

The Frenchman didn't hit him hard enough...he got up again.
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 2:31 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

The Frenchman didn't hit him hard enough...he got up again.
He went down far too easily - a lot of that about during Utd games
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 3:00 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
He went down far too easily - a lot of that about during Utd games
Yeah, it must be from the opposition though, Mike....guess which Premier League club hasn't been awarded a single penalty this season yet...?
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 3:19 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Yeah, it must be from the opposition though, Mike....guess which Premier League club hasn't been awarded a single penalty this season yet...?
Well you actually have to get the ball inside the box first meet the Referee half way and of course Howard Webb retired, which has cost you

I didn't know that, it seems very strange especially when you think how many penalties Utd used to get during the days of Christiano Divealdo. Moreover, RVP was always adept at overtaking people with his pace and then hooking his leg inside as he passed them and going down - has he slowed down too much to do that anymore?

Seriously though with the amount of attacking talent Utd have that is a very surprising statistic, I thought you would have had a few by now! Mind you Utd have only had 2 given against them this season (both in the match v Leicester).
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 3:24 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Captain Cheesestick View Post
I was there. Didn't see much - a huge roar and tea being thrown. I remember peter schmeichel turning and pointing, but that was about it. It was only on the way home listening to the radio did we really hear what happened. He got so much abuse, and he was so insane, it was a surprise it hadn't happened earlier.

He is still my favourite ever United player.
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 3:25 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Aston Villa?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.