Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Premier League 2014-15

Premier League 2014-15

Old Jan 12th 2015, 7:59 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League 2014-15

Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
Just to echo the sentiments, Southampton have totally and utterly outplayed us twice this season, and we are very fortunate to have stolen 3 of the 6 points on offer in the fixtures....for the first time this season, the prime culprit for our defeat was sat in the manager's seat on the sidelines- hideous 'formation', little more than a shameful admission of fear of Koeman's team on LvG's part, wasting di Maria in a forward role and likewise Rooney in a deep role against a powerful 3-man Saints midfield (Davis, Schneiderlin & Wanyama) which easily contained any threat we carried; no Falcao even in the squad, never mind the bench despite him not being 'injured'...what's that about??!

Saints are up there with the Chavs and citeh as the best sides we've played this season, and anyone who thinks they don't have what it takes to finish top 4 is simply deceiving themselves- they are 3rd on merit, a hard-working, well organised, skilful side, coached by a man who has me wondering if United signed up the wrong Dutchman as manager in the summer. Twice Koeman has totally outflanked LvG now, with supposedly 'lesser' players.... can we please have Fonte (in place of any of Jones, Smalling (awful today, awful....) or Evans), can we have Schneiderlin (better than Fellaini, younger than Carrick)....United were dreadful, but let's not take anything away from Saints, who were excellent.

Fair play Scamp- no complaints whatever about the result.

United will have a fight to stay in the top 4 on this form- players rotated out of position, for no beneficial reason; players omitted from the squad when their 'talents' would have be useful; defenders who cannot be relied upon not to be stupid, both with possession and with rash tackles....there's plenty of work to be done and things to improve...to have no shots on target at all in ANY game, much less a home fixture, is an utter disgrace. I hope never to witness such dross again from a United side at OT. Disgraceful showing. VERY unhappy.
Fonte was great, the full backs were good too, didn't bomb on as much because of the heavy midfield you had but did well.

Schneiderlin and Wanyama were excellent and get a lot of praise - my favourite in the middle is Davis, he was a steal from Rangers and is utterly great.

Di Maria up top and Rooney in midfield was a bizarre decision.

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
I don't think Southampton were excellent at all. It was a shit game between one poor team and one team who didn't want to get beaten and played very deep, soaking up any limited attacking threat (ha ha). If I'd gone to the match, I'd have been hallway home when you lot scored.

Koeman clearly realised at half time we weren't going to shoot for the whole game so sent a couple of lads forward to see if they could nick something and they did - I don't blame him. The days of sides getting steamrollered at OT are long gone. 10 years ago we'd have won that match by half time - with all our attacking options we can't even make your keeper put his beer and fag down to pick the ball up. 3 at the back with our defence is embarrassing.

So no, not lucky - just don't assume beating United at Old Trafford means anything any more - Chelsea or City would have scored 3 or 4 yesterday - we were lucky to get 0.
If Pelle's strike had gone in instead of rebounding it would have been a really good, nice goal. Still, can't have it all. We took our one chance on target. We had a similar (if not equal) number of attempts on goal. I don't think we were ever really under the kind of pressure you would expect at OT, we weren't scrambling the ball clear for 90 minutes and latching on to a mistake to steal a goal.

Still, it's only one result and we're only one point from safety now so I'm happy.
Old Jan 12th 2015, 9:12 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
I went snowboarding yesterday and forgot to record it.

How bad were we?
YOU DID WHAT??!!

To be honest we were poor, but I've seen worse from us this season.

Lloris and Kane were immense. Townsend was very poor (apart from the cross for the goal), Eriksen did not have a good game and the subs (Capoue and Soldado), were their usual dross.

Still, beating Chelsea, losing to palace, all in a typical week for Spurs. Burnley replay next....let's see if we can bag some silverware this season! COYS!
Old Jan 12th 2015, 1:27 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post

If Pelle's strike had gone in instead of rebounding it would have been a really good, nice goal. Still, can't have it all. We took our one chance on target. We had a similar (if not equal) number of attempts on goal. I don't think we were ever really under the kind of pressure you would expect at OT, we weren't scrambling the ball clear for 90 minutes and latching on to a mistake to steal a goal.
Exactly, and that's what is so frustrating. I don't mind losing - but when you lose because you are so arrogant to think turning up guarantees a win, that pisses me off no end. Saints deserved the win - but it would have been nice to make you work for it.
Old Jan 12th 2015, 2:09 pm
seenbeendonenocriesnowhys

fuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly, and that's what is so frustrating. I don't mind losing - but when you lose because you are so arrogant to think turning up guarantees a win, that pisses me off no end. Saints deserved the win - but it would have been nice to make you work for it.
please be kind when the foxes come calling in a few weeks.We need the points.
You and Cainnes are usually nice to animals, so please leave the horse and hounds
at home on the 31st. I will never post any nasties ever again, you are my favourite
posters....grovel grovel.

mind you, I reckon we have a good chance anyway, we are starting to find our feet, and
Manutd are still struggling to find consistency, and typical utd of late, improve in one
area, then another area struggles, still missing a couple of topdrawer players.I still
fancy them for top 4, but if they cant find anybody in this jan, or summer transfer markets, will be dreading Europe.
Old Jan 12th 2015, 3:30 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
YOU DID WHAT??!!

To be honest we were poor, but I've seen worse from us this season.

Lloris and Kane were immense. Townsend was very poor (apart from the cross for the goal), Eriksen did not have a good game and the subs (Capoue and Soldado), were their usual dross.

Still, beating Chelsea, losing to palace, all in a typical week for Spurs. Burnley replay next....let's see if we can bag some silverware this season! COYS!
I think sixth spot this season and an outside chance of the League Cup.

At least Poch knows what he needs and doesn't need now so a couple of transfer windows to change it up for more consistency next season.

United and Southampton to pick up 3rd and 4th. Not that their squads are any better than Spurs and Arsenal but the lack of games they have in other competitions means they'll remain fresh.
Old Jan 12th 2015, 3:36 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
United and Southampton to pick up 3rd and 4th. Not that their squads are any better than Spurs and Arsenal but the lack of games they have in other competitions means they'll remain fresh.
I don't think it's that clear cut James just yet. I think 3rd to 7th is pretty open as I tend to think Liverpool will be in the mix as well. Chelski to win with City a distant 2nd.
Old Jan 12th 2015, 3:52 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Let's face it, we're only just over half way so everything is still open at this stage.....except Arsenal of course, a top 4 finish by them has clearly been mandated by the Queen, the Pope and God, regardless of how crap they play throughout the season
Old Jan 12th 2015, 3:59 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

What has happened to Jazzy Jeff? I thought he was supposed to be the next big thing, but it seems van Gaal doesn't rate him.
Old Jan 12th 2015, 4:08 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
What has happened to Jazzy Jeff? I thought he was supposed to be the next big thing, but it seems van Gaal doesn't rate him.
Who he?!?
Old Jan 12th 2015, 4:24 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
Who he?!?
Exactly.
Old Jan 12th 2015, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
That's because every time he's played this season, he's looked like dog turd. I don't think I've ever seen a 19 year old look so slow and he has the worrying knack of making Nani's decision making look incisive. (This is assuming you mean Januzaj, and not Zaha - who, lets face it, certainly has more of a passing resemblance to Jazzy Jeff than Januzaj.)
Old Jan 12th 2015, 4:49 pm
Grace and gratitude

Just came across this....

Don't think I'd ever go to those lengths. So come on, spill, what's the most extreme display of devotion you've ever made to your club, over the years?

And going out shopping in your full club kit including socks and shin pads does not count.
Old Jan 12th 2015, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

lutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond repute

Let's face it, we're only just over half way so everything is still open at this stage.....except Arsenal of course, a top 4 finish by them has clearly been mandated by the Queen, the Pope and God, regardless of how crap they play throughout the season
Top four. Arsene's saving grace every year. Just hope it's not at the expense of Saints.

As for the Championship, hope Bournemouth bounce back - it'll be great to see them in the Prem
Old Jan 12th 2015, 5:20 pm
I love my brick!

We all know that football is full of twats, so it's nice to read this type of story once in a while.
Old Jan 12th 2015, 5:55 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Just came across this....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7FDz81CEAEsO8d.jpg

Don't think I'd ever go to those lengths. So come on, spill, what's the most extreme display of devotion you've ever made to your club, over the years?

And going out shopping in your full club kit including socks and shin pads does not count.
paying 220 quid to a tout to sit amongst the Gillingham fans at Wembley in 99 - seemed like a total waste of money after 90 mins.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.