Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Oh God! Not again! Penalties and we're out.

Oh God! Not again! Penalties and we're out.

Old Jun 25th 2004, 2:01 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh God! Not again! Penalties and we're out.

Originally posted by Lion in Winter
???

Please tell me this isn't what I think it is.
postiga
Old Jun 25th 2004, 3:10 pm
Brit'n'TX

Originally posted by ducatiandy

My god England have a great team, I bet your moores, charltons etc couldn't go and win the world cup playing the way they did back thewn not that I can remember, things change football has totally changed.
what utter bollocks ... why then do our "great team" falter every f***ing time?

football may have changed but you obviously have never seen any tape of the really great English teams - they showed a passion, determination, COURAGE and PATRIOTISM the contemporary players will never have - the skill level may have been different, but they made up for that tenfold with their application ...

todays players are a pale shadow of the greats ...

Old Jun 25th 2004, 3:15 pm
Brit'n'TX

and all this crap about Beckham and his penalties ... find me evidence of Bobby Charlton or Peter Lorimer ever missing one from the spot ,...

Old Jun 25th 2004, 4:06 pm
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by manc1976
I won't mate, just make it worse in fact.
I feel like shit......... but everyone else around me is totally oblivious........

I want everyone else to feel like shit too, to understand the heartache.
That is just how I feel, Manc. You walk outside and every one is going about as usual, not understanding why I feel like crap. Called my sister up today and she tells me everyone is walking about with long faces back home and are utterly depressed and gutted. And you try and explain to anyone why you feel like shit and they really don't understand at all, they just look at you with a smile on their face and say, oh!

And then on top of that I have my Scottish friend grinning every time I see her! And when I call her names she laughs at me! At least I have the satisfaction that Scotland didn't even qualify and England won the Rugby
Old Jun 25th 2004, 5:27 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=238472

Old Jun 25th 2004, 5:28 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=238472

Old Jun 25th 2004, 6:20 pm
Gremlin

More micky taking:
Attached Thumbnails Oh God! Not again! Penalties and we're out.-beckham.jpeg  

Old Jun 25th 2004, 6:34 pm
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

Born to lose simple, Portugal were the better side, they outplayed England and they deserve to go through, if you cant see that then your blind. And please no excuses.

And to all those whining and whinging it-was-the-ref's-fault-he-robbed-us-a-goal-thats-why-we-lost:

Remember 1966?

And remember which country the ref was from who decided
in England's favour which resulted in them becoming world champions ?!

All the best
Old Jun 25th 2004, 6:40 pm
@matthewb76

Originally posted by Boomerang
Born to lose simple, Portugal were the better side, they outplayed England and they deserve to go through, if you cant see that then your blind. And please no excuses.

England had only 39% of the possession yet scored the same number of goals. Seems to me like Portugal couldn't get past our great defence to make the possession count..........

The penalties loss is a bitter pill to swallow though, we've gone out of 4 of the last 6 major competitions this way.
I know it's cos we don't have the minerals on the night, but it's just very bitter....

To go out this way is a lot harder to take than when we lost to Brazil in Japan.

I have no animosity towards Portugal or the fans.

Last edited by manc1976; Jun 25th 2004 at 6:43 pm.
Old Jun 25th 2004, 6:53 pm
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

England had only 39% of the possession yet scored the same number of goals. Seems to me like Portugal couldn't get past our great defence to make the possession count..........
Portugal's problem is not passing the defence because they did, their problem is finnishing... thats where England is dangerous
Old Jun 25th 2004, 6:58 pm
@matthewb76

Originally posted by Boomerang
Portugal's problem is not passing the defence because they did, their problem is finnishing... thats where England is dangerous
I have no complaints with the 2-2 result per se........I thought the disallowed goal was a joke, but that's part and parcel of the game. I'm just pissed off again that we choked when twatting the ball from 12 yards
Old Jun 25th 2004, 7:04 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

I have no complaints with the 2-2 result per se........I thought the disallowed goal was a joke, but that's part and parcel of the game. I'm just pissed off again that we choked when twatting the ball from 12 yards
forget the 12 yards i`m more pissed off because we failed to impose ourselves on a game when we have arguably the 2nd best midfield in europe
Old Jun 25th 2004, 7:06 pm
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

The real problem was our inability to keep the ball. Both goals came from giving the ball away cheaply in the middle of the park. The midfield was pretty awful really, particularly Becks and Gerrard.

Scoring an early goal was maybe not so good for England as we then adopted a negative, defensive stance that invited Portugal forward. We looked better at 1-1 and 2-1.

At least Cole kept that one trick wonderpony in his pocket all night. Doubtless he'll do the same when he next visits Old Trafford.
Old Jun 25th 2004, 7:12 pm
Up The Arse!!

Originally posted by Kentish Man
The real problem was our inability to keep the ball. Both goals came from giving the ball away cheaply in the middle of the park. The midfield was pretty awful really, particularly Becks and Gerrard.

Scoring an early goal was maybe not so good for England as we then adopted a negative, defensive stance that invited Portugal forward. We looked better at 1-1 and 2-1.

At least Cole kept that one trick wonderpony in his pocket all night. Doubtless he'll do the same when he next visits Old Trafford.
did you notice what side of the pitch one trick was when he crossed for that tosser postiga
Old Jun 25th 2004, 7:31 pm
G'day Mate

And then the attitude of the English fans attacking a portuguese run british pub and a portuguese restaurant with children in there. W****s...

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.