Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Non League football?

Non League football?

Closed Thread

Old Aug 17th 2013, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

isdoo is just really niceisdoo is just really niceisdoo is just really niceisdoo is just really niceisdoo is just really niceisdoo is just really niceisdoo is just really niceisdoo is just really niceisdoo is just really niceisdoo is just really nice
Default Non League football?

Anyone else interested in Non League football?

http://nonleague.co.uk in case you are not sure what non league football actually is

Old Sep 8th 2013, 7:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Non League football?

Originally Posted by isdoo View Post
Anyone else interested in Non League football?

http://nonleague.co.uk in case you are not sure what non league football actually is

Yeah.............. the mighty Eagles are my own passion (although I moved away from Bedford many years ago) - they came so close to being admitted to the Football League in the 1960s (over 18,000 of us crammed in to The Eyrie to see them lose 0-3 to eventual winners Everton in the FA Cup 4th Round in 65/66).

What a Southern League it was back then.......... Bedford, Wimbledon, Hereford, Kettering, Cambridge Utd, Weymouth were all superb, and regularly reached the 3rd Round or better in the Cup.
Old Oct 21st 2013, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond repute

I am a Tonbridge fan, played for the Juniors many (MANY) years ago, knew a good few of the players before we left...they now 'grace' the Connie Sarf..........

went to Bedford a looooong time ago
Old Oct 28th 2013, 11:16 am
Just Joined

AaB13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bradford Park Avenue but I suppose it'll be a while before we grace the league again
Old Dec 1st 2013, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

Prometheus1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I love non league football.

It's really the only place where you feel that the player are still playing for their shirt, and not their pocket!!!
Old Dec 6th 2013, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

Stribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Prometheus1 View Post
I love non league football.

It's really the only place where you feel that the player are still playing for their shirt, and not their pocket!!!
Hahaha with everything thats come out, this comment could not be further from the truth.
Old Dec 8th 2013, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

E17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud of

Walthamstow Avenue from 1980 until their demise in 1988, when they ceased to exist. Technically they became part of Redbridge Forest which became part of Dagenham & Redbridge, but for all of us they disappeared right then. Green Pond Road became a housing estate.

A team briefly reappeared a few years ago under the name but couldn't find a pitch in Walthamstow, playing in Waltham Abbey instead. I don't think they're active any more...

Old Dec 9th 2013, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

Prometheus1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Never heard of them to be honest.
Walthamstow is in east London, isn't it?
I think near Leytonstone.
Layton Orient is the local team if I am not mistaken.
Old Dec 9th 2013, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

E17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud of

Yes, north west of Leytonstone, north of Leyton, east of Tottenham.

They won a couple of Amateur Cups back in the 50s at the peak of the amateur game, took Man U to an FA Cup replay.

The mess of non-league football in the borough of Waltham Forest is just too sad. Leyton-Wingate had a weird on-off relationship and I think re-formed as Leyton FC; Pennant who played at Wadham Lodge I think merged with Leyton and became Waltham Forest FC? I'm lost. Been too long out of the loop. We used to have four non-league clubs and now we've got one. I think the demographic shift in the borough didn't help. Maybe now there's some eastern Europeans moved in there's more of a market for the game. If I won the lottery I'd buy some land, rebuild "Green Pond Road" and try to do an AFC Wimbledon.
Old May 17th 2014, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Wycombe Wanderers nearly made it to the Conference this year. They certainly deserved to. I hope to join you all next year, if you'll have me.

I speak too on behalf of my son, who lives in Norway and who flies across to watch WW get cleaned up every once in a while. Why he bothers, I've no idea.