NFL 2018

Old Oct 2nd 2018, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default NFL 2018

I keep reading about how the NFL games have been losing their TV viewers, especially on Monday Nights - BUT... Last night's game was a cracker (Chiefs v Broncos), and a wonderful advertisement for the sport. This young Mahomes (not a misspelling of Mahomet, by the way) is amazingly good. I will always watch Rugby League - especially the NRL from Australia - over NFL, but truly good NFL is worth the effort of watching for the whole three hours.
Old Oct 10th 2018, 4:28 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NFL 2018

It's a good game, but the coverage is totally ruined by constant breaks for advertisements, not to mention the way the plays are broken up in the game itself.

We play Fantasy NFL in the office (I'm the defending Champion from last year... ), which both increases the excitement and the knowledge base about the sport (when I first came to the States 5 years ago I couldn't have named hardly a single NFL player)...but it hasn't stopped my team (the Redskins) from being crap for as long as anyone can remember....
Old Oct 11th 2018, 1:02 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
It's a good game, but the coverage is totally ruined by constant breaks for advertisements, not to mention the way the plays are broken up in the game itself.

We play Fantasy NFL in the office (I'm the defending Champion from last year... ), which both increases the excitement and the knowledge base about the sport (when I first came to the States 5 years ago I couldn't have named hardly a single NFL player)...but it hasn't stopped my team (the Redskins) from being crap for as long as anyone can remember....
I took an interest for a couple of seasons when we had a suicide pool at work. It got me constantly checking scores on a Sunday and I knew who was where about's.

Sadly that ended when I changed jobs and it's just become annoying noise in the local bars again every Sunday.

With the Premier League largely dominating my weekend and trying to snowboard as well I don't have the time for another interest.
Old Oct 11th 2018, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

A good Sunday for me, is when there's Rugby League on our Channel 515 and the NFL Gameday highlights on 520. The commentators are generally excellent, at least when the Superleague games are on. I agree that it's not always easy to watch a whole game of NFL - and three hours is a hell of a long time. But I prefer NFL to College football, or Canadian; slightly different rules make all the difference.
Old Oct 11th 2018, 4:53 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow View Post
A good Sunday for me, is when there's Rugby League on our Channel 515 and the NFL Gameday highlights on 520. The commentators are generally excellent, at least when the Superleague games are on. I agree that it's not always easy to watch a whole game of NFL - and three hours is a hell of a long time. But I prefer NFL to College football, or Canadian; slightly different rules make all the difference.
No one likes Canadian football except some farmers in Saskatchewan!

I'd like to get to a College and an NFL game at some point.
Old Oct 11th 2018, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
No one likes Canadian football except some farmers in Saskatchewan!

I'd like to get to a College and an NFL game at some point.
College game for me would be Wisconsin Badgers at home student section end of 3rd quarter

Did a pre season NFL game in August Minnesota Vikings V Jacksonville Jaguars at US Bank Stadium. Stadium is something to be seen beer prices not as much.

As for the CFL well what else is there to do in Green Rider land?
Old Nov 20th 2018, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

I really hope I wasn't the only BE member to have watched the Rams v Chiefs game tonight. A high-scoring shoot-out that featured some wonderful defensive efforts. And you don't find a counter-intuitive summary like that very often! Any NFL fan who didn't see it: try to catch a replay if that's possible. Probably the highest-quality game I've ever seen. One of those live events that I wish I'd seen in real life and not just on the telly - like Woodstock, or Bob Dylan's "Rolling Thunder" concert.
Old Nov 20th 2018, 5:17 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely want to see a replay of this game! I knew neither team has a defense worth talking about, but to have such a ridiculous high-scoring game probably highlights why neither is likely to win the Super Bowl.... I'd still take either the Patriots or the Saints over either, though the Rams are always dangerous with the offensive players they have. Gurley deserves to play in a Super Bowl, fantastic player.
Old Nov 20th 2018, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
I knew neither team has a defense worth talking about, but to have such a ridiculous high-scoring game probably highlights why neither is likely to win the Super Bowl....
I hear you! But this was much more than just a shoot-out. Mahomes was stripped at least twice, and both defences hassled and hustled the opposing QBs in a way that one very rarely sees. The turnovers alone were skillfully done, and were directly responsible for a total of five TDs - three of the Rams and two for the Chiefs, if I recall correctly. Mahomes had more passing yards than Goff, but his offensive line was the weaker of the two. Both QBs spent a lot of time scrambling out of the pocket and passing on the run, and off-balance. It really was a game for the ages, and I really hope there is a replay of the whole game somewhere on the Web - and that you catch it!

(Yes, the rule of thumb is that teams can't win the Bowl without a good defence; but both of these defences were good.)
Old Dec 9th 2018, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Did anybody see the end of the Miami-Patriots game today? A 30-yard pass from the 20, followed by two laterals among the receivers and a 50-yard touchdown scramble with 0.00 on the clock, for a Miami win. If I'd had a chance to bet on the game I'd have lost my money, because I would never, ever, bet against Brady. On this occasion, though...! An amazing effort!
Old Dec 10th 2018, 1:20 am
BE Forum Addict

I've only just found this. It's a mobile chart of how the last play worked. Again: amazing!
NFL - Breaking down the Dolphins' wild hook-and-ladder walk-off touchdown against Patriots - Week 14 2018