British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Locker Room (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/)
-   -   New Queensland Liverpool Supporters Club (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/new-queensland-liverpool-supporters-club-244097/)

Alpha Scallywag Jul 24th 2004 3:46 pm

New Queensland Liverpool Supporters Club

Anyone interested in joining up with the QLSC?

We are an official branch of Anfield and are looking for new members, not just Liverpool fans but anyone who wants to get together and talk about football (not the aussie versions).

We will be meeting for matches and drinkies in Brisbane, mainly in Indooroopilly and the City.

:scared:

nosuchluck Jul 24th 2004 3:48 pm

Re: New Queensland Liverpool Supporters Club

Hubby's a Liverpool fan, in fact he's going up to Anfield for the Liverpool vs Man City match, first home match of the season! he was even considering coming back on New Years Day for the Liverpool vs Chelsea match! i'm sure he love to join you for drinks etc! i would come along but i'm a spurs supporter and he doesnt like to be seen out with me!
regards
Rach x

mlbonner Jul 24th 2004 4:07 pm

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Hubby's a Liverpool fan, in fact he's going up to Anfield for the Liverpool vs Man City match, first home match of the season! he was even considering coming back on New Years Day for the Liverpool vs Chelsea match! i'm sure he love to join you for drinks etc! i would come along but i'm a spurs supporter and he doesnt like to be seen out with me!
regards
Rach x

Should be an interesting first match of the season for ya then ;)

PommieLeague Jul 24th 2004 4:30 pm

Is this refering to the Liverpool Soccer club from near Birkenhead or Liverpool RLFC from near Sydney? :D

Bix Jul 24th 2004 4:37 pm

Originally posted by Alpha Scallywag
Can't think of a better reason to reduce the numbers going to Brissie :rolleyes: :D

nosuchluck Jul 24th 2004 4:51 pm

Originally posted by mlbonner
Should be an interesting first match of the season for ya then ;)

:p

logan Jul 24th 2004 5:00 pm

We are an official branch of Anfield and are looking for new members, not just Liverpool fans but anyone who wants to get together and talk about football (not the aussie versions).

We will be meeting for matches and drinkies in Brisbane, mainly in Indooroopilly and the City.

:) sounds good, although we're not there yet, other half supports Liverpool. He'd never been to a home game though so we went on the Anfield tour in May when we were down for a friends' wedding. I was curious, but I actually had a great time. V. interesting and now watch all the games with him. Know very little about footy, but do know that it's a good job Heskey's away!;)

nosuchluck Jul 24th 2004 5:04 pm

Know very little about footy, but do know that it's a good job Heskey's away!;) [/QUOTE]

:D

Bix Jul 24th 2004 5:09 pm

Originally posted by logan
Know very little about footy
You'll fit in with the Liverpool crowd just fine :D

Dicko Jul 24th 2004 6:53 pm

I was having a discussion in work the other day about fans and where they live in relation to the club they support,

Did you know that Chelsea now have a lot of fans that live in Russia because of Abramovich

And most Man United fans live in London it is a known fact before we get any arguments.

But the weird thing was Liverpool fans, do you know where most of their fans live.............................................. ........................

IN THE PAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

HiddenPaw Jul 24th 2004 7:45 pm

Originally posted by Dicko
I was having a discussion in work the other day about fans and where they live in relation to the club they support,

Did you know that Chelsea now have a lot of fans that live in Russia because of Abramovich

And most Man United fans live in London it is a known fact before we get any arguments.

But the weird thing was Liverpool fans, do you know where most of their fans live.............................................. ........................

IN THE PAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D
PMSL :D :D :D

(ouch...erm, Kop season ticket holder scouse hubby not impressed!!!)

Alpha, wish you the very best of success with this...hope you have some great nights watching footy :)

Bix Jul 24th 2004 8:15 pm

Originally posted by Dicko
IN THE PAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D
Dicko,
I just spilt my RED wine. Puts me in contention for the Pool no.1 shirt.

You reminded me of an old TV program "all our yesterdays".

U C I am older than most on this forum........that's why I remember when Pool had a team....and good donkey rides for the kids........my name is Dr.Who and I am a time traveller. :D :D

Bix Jul 24th 2004 8:56 pm

What's to worry about ?
Pool fans worry they won't win anything.
Blues fans know they won't :D

Eilish Jul 24th 2004 8:59 pm

how did your beloved 'pool' do in europe this year????????

saddo!!!!!!!!!!

so glad were not going to queensland cos you might
rob me telly from me house

--
Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Bix Jul 24th 2004 9:01 pm

Originally posted by eilish
    > how did your beloved 'pool'
do in europe this year????????
    >
    > saddo!!!!!!!!!!