Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The Man City Bits 'n' Bobs Thread

The Man City Bits 'n' Bobs Thread

Old Apr 29th 2011, 12:18 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Man City Bits 'n' Bobs Thread

the all time Manchester team picked by Stuart Hall (City fan) and Terry Christian (United)

Schmeical
Neville
Irwin
Edwards
Pallister
Bell
Charlton
Best
Ronaldo
Rooney
Law

As heard on 5 live football daily podcast 4/16/11
Old Apr 29th 2011, 12:20 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Manc View Post
over Bobby Charlton?
Now that's an interesting question. I only really saw Charlton play when he was past his best and from what I personally saw I would put Keane ahead of him.... but I'm not that daft that I would ignore Charlton's earlier years and from what I've seen in clips and heard from older fans then I think it only fair that Charlton would be in before Keane.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 12:22 am
Account Closed

the all time Manchester team picked by Stuart Hall (City fan) and Terry Christian (United)

Schmeical
Neville
Irwin
Edwards
Pallister
Bell
Charlton
Best
Ronaldo
Rooney
Law

As heard on 5 live football daily podcast 4/16/11
....and the one man who probably had more influence on the club, at a playing level, than any of them, didn't even get a place in the side. Cantona.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 12:26 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus View Post
....and the one man who probably had more influence on the club, at a playing level, than any of them, didn't even get a place in the side. Cantona.
Listen to the podcast, they go over why they left players off.....
Old Apr 29th 2011, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

nickinblackinoz will become famous soon enough

Listen to the podcast, they go over why they left players off.....
sorry, i thought we were on about the last 30 yrs ........

ok i have a few great players to choose from

Kinkladzi
the Goat
Dunne
SWP before he went off the rails
i use to love watching Tommy Hutchison and Gerry Gow play in the same team, Hutch was cool and so casual on the ball, never really got the respect he deserved ,
Bobby McDonald a solid player
Nicky Reid,Neil McNab and Paul Power all played well

as for the old guys then yes of course Bell,Lee,Summerbee,Tueart,Watson and Barnes are all up there in my list .......Kidd, Law Corrigan ,so many fantastic players , tommy Caton...oops sorry thats a miss print lol.......
Old Apr 29th 2011, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
Just trying to bring a bit of Manchester punk in to the proceedings with Slaughter and the Dogs
sorry pal, it was along night and i was slow there , yes a good old Wythenshawe punk band.......
Old Apr 29th 2011, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nickinblackinoz View Post
sorry pal, it was along night and i was slow there , yes a good old Wythenshawe punk band.......
my all time City street fighters would be Kelvin Etuhu and Joey Barton

who would be your top man u street fighter(so many of those thugs to choose from..)
Old Apr 29th 2011, 4:24 am
Account Closed

Kinkladzi
the Goat
Dunne
i use to love watching Tommy Hutchison and Gerry Gow play in the same team, Hutch was cool and so casual on the ball, never really got the respect he deserved ,

as for the old guys then yes of course Bell,Lee,Summerbee,Tueart,Watson and Barnes are all up there in my list .......Kidd, Law Corrigan ,so many fantastic players , tommy Caton...oops sorry thats a miss print lol.......
You're seriously saying that those players deserve to be in a Manchester 11 ahead of some the guys who have played for United over the same period?

SWP ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo
Old Apr 29th 2011, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

You're seriously saying that those players deserve to be in a Manchester 11 ahead of some the guys who have played for United over the same period?

SWP ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo
If Ronaldo had treated the citeh fans and team the way he deserted your lot his name would be blackened .....the trouble with man u fans ,they hang on to past too much they dont let go, why keep singing about him and Cantina every other week , they should get behind the young lads of today ......thats why its so quiet at cold trafford these days , so yes i would give some of these city lads some credit ....but no probs not the top 11........
Old Apr 29th 2011, 5:29 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Kinkladzi
the Goat
Dunne

Not a City fan, but Ali Bernabia is the best player I have seen at the club.

Being an ITFC fan, I'd pick Alan Brazil for Utd

Cooler
Old Apr 29th 2011, 7:07 am
Account Closed

If Ronaldo had treated the citeh fans and team the way he deserted your lot his name would be blackened .....the trouble with man u fans ,they hang on to past too much they dont let go, why keep singing about him and Cantina every other week , they should get behind the young lads of today ......thats why its so quiet at cold trafford these days , so yes i would give some of these city lads some credit ....but no probs not the top 11........
I know City fans have a somewhat distorted view of things... but you can't but serious about all that bollocks, surely?
Old Apr 29th 2011, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

I know City fans have a somewhat distorted view of things... but you can't but serious about all that bollocks, surely?
why not pal, i noticed you didnt disagree about the Ronaldo departure , you must be bitter about that and the Tevez move too.......?some good mplayers have graced the city pitches over the yrs , its just the teams didnt gel and i believe the coaching staff has NOT been up to scratch over the yrs ....
Old Apr 29th 2011, 8:31 am
Account Closed

why not pal, i noticed you didnt disagree about the Ronaldo departure , you must be bitter about that and the Tevez move too.......?some good mplayers have graced the city pitches over the yrs , its just the teams didnt gel and i believe the coaching staff has NOT been up to scratch over the yrs ....
I disagree with ALL of it. You would be hard pushed to find any United fans upset about the way Ronaldo left. He went to the one club he had said, for years, he would love to play for... and United got 80 million for him.

Tevez is just your classic example of a modern footballer. He will leave you as soon as he and his agent, can make a pay day out of it.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

I disagree with ALL of it. You would be hard pushed to find any United fans upset about the way Ronaldo left. He went to the one club he had said, for years, he would love to play for... and United got 80 million for him.

Tevez is just your classic example of a modern footballer. He will leave you as soon as he and his agent, can make a pay day out of it.

i know what your saying pal, he is a user basically , he is in it for the money only,its such a shame that some players feel the need to use clubs in this way , with no real heart in the clubs he plays for ..............i know one day soon he will walk away .........

i mentioned in my earlier post about a one man team to Leggy, i was pulling his leg, as i know how much it winds people up, im sick to death of these commentators harping on about city all of a sudden becoming a one man team, what a load of bollocks .......that tommy smyth does my head in when he commentates ..........
Old Apr 29th 2011, 1:32 pm
@matthewb76

Kinkladzi
the Goat.......

They were great for you............. in League 1......
As was Uwe Rosler........

Tony Dinning had Kinkladze in his back pocket in the 3-1 win for Stockport at edgeley in 1997...... so deep in his back pocket I think he's still trying to get out.

I can't rate anyone highly if a journeyman league 1 player can mark you out of a game........

Goater, I'll admit was brilliant for the championship level and below, he scored loads against us....... be it at Rotherham, Bristol City or Man City..... but lets face it, Dixie Dean he isn't..........

Last edited by Manc; Apr 29th 2011 at 1:34 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.