Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Liverpool facing relegation dogfight?

Liverpool facing relegation dogfight?

Old Jan 5th 2011, 10:33 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Liverpool facing relegation dogfight?

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
I am amazed at the level of restraint being displayed from our friends from the other end of the East Lancs.
Well inside I'm rolling around on the floor and pissing myself laughing.... but I have more class than your average Scouser so I'm keeping it to myself.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 6:57 am
Account Closed

Just watched the game on Sky Sports over here in Oz and Liverpool were awful. Lose the next three league games, and on the evidence of the Blackburn game that's perfectly possible, and they would be right in the mixer.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 7:49 am
Just Joined

mport343 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus View Post
Just watched the game on Sky Sports over here in Oz and Liverpool were awful. Lose the next three league games, and on the evidence of the Blackburn game that's perfectly possible, and they would be right in the mixer.
i know, we're garbage.........its official!
Old Jan 6th 2011, 2:14 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc View Post
Fernando Torres = 1 season wonder.

he's the Spanish Bobby Zamora
You seem to be ignoring his extended excellent record in spain before joining liverpool. Hes a class act and was injured for the world cup, and perhaps beyond. Service is an issue at the moment for sure though.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by iaink View Post
You seem to be ignoring his extended excellent record in spain before joining liverpool. Hes a class act and was injured for the world cup, and perhaps beyond. Service is an issue at the moment for sure though.
Your right mate, i 4got about him being injured 4 a while, he's lost his form for a while now, keep hopin it will return to give someone a thrashin but i aint too sure it'll happen b4 the summer and he may well be off by then!!
Old Jan 6th 2011, 8:13 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mport343 View Post
Your right mate, i 4got about him being injured 4 a while, he's lost his form for a while now, keep hopin it will return to give someone a thrashin but i aint too sure it'll happen b4 the summer and he may well be off by then!!
Class act he maybe, but from the evidence of the Blackburn game he really doesn't give the impression that he wants to stay at Liverpool. Could be wrong, obviously, but his body language seems to suggest he would be happier elsewhere.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

Class act he maybe, but from the evidence of the Blackburn game he really doesn't give the impression that he wants to stay at Liverpool. Could be wrong, obviously, but his body language seems to suggest he would be happier elsewhere.
i reckon he misses his spanish buddies (alonso and rafa)!
Old Jan 6th 2011, 9:36 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mport343 View Post
i reckon he misses his spanish buddies (alonso and rafa)!
They should be looking to offload him then. There's a club down the East Lancs Rd that seem to have unlimited funds... have a word with them
Old Jan 6th 2011, 9:58 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

19 goals was his best season....... 14 was his average season haul in Madrid
Lionel Messi he ain't
Old Jan 6th 2011, 10:01 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

19 goals was his best season....... 14 was his average season haul in Madrid
Lionel Messi he ain't

Strike rate per game
Messi at Barcelona 66% (105 from 158)
Torres at Liverpool 64% (62 from 97)

Last edited by kimilseung; Jan 6th 2011 at 10:04 pm.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 10:07 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Strike rate per game
Messi at Barcelona 66% (105 from 158)
Torres at Liverpool 64% (62 from 97)
and to be fair, Messi isn't really a striker. it's Villa and
how many of those 62 were in his first season.
I'd say over 30% of them,

Pedro and Villa are Barcelona's front 2 with Messi play behind the front two........ so he's not an out and out striker like torres is either.

Last edited by Manc; Jan 6th 2011 at 10:10 pm.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 10:17 pm
Account Closed

We need to be careful here lads. We are at serious risk of having a thread in the Locker Room that people actually read and post in.

A definite rarity.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 10:19 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Liverpool facing relegation dogfight?

and to be fair, Messi isn't really a striker. it's Villa and
how many of those 62 were in his first season.
I'd say over 30% of them,
More than 30%, but his best season strike rate wise was last year
2007/8 24 from 33
2008/9 14 from 24
2009/10 18 from 22
2010/11 6 from 18

Last edited by kimilseung; Jan 6th 2011 at 10:20 pm. Reason: fix dates
Old Jan 6th 2011, 10:19 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

We need to be careful here lads. We are at serious risk of having a thread in the Locker Room that people actually read and post in.

A definite rarity.
Well it's already got a discussion about tits going on
Old Jan 6th 2011, 10:28 pm
@matthewb76

More than 30%, but his best season strike rate wise was last year
2007/8 24 from 33
2008/9 14 from 24
2009/10 18 from 22
2010/11 6 from 18
so Bobby Zamora too had one decent top flight season and gets injured a lot..........

case rests for the prosecution m'lud.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.