Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Liverpool facing relegation dogfight?

Liverpool facing relegation dogfight?

Old Jan 5th 2011, 8:57 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Liverpool facing relegation dogfight?

God I hope so.

Currently only five points off bottom spot !
Old Jan 5th 2011, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

mport343 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Liverpool facing relegation dogfight?

just listened to the game on 5live, shockin result, hodgson has to go, he just cant get the players to perform for him, come january we'll be lucky to be above the relegation zone if he stays!!
Old Jan 5th 2011, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Liverpool facing relegation dogfight?

i know you aint bothered like but it's w4nk for us that support em!!
Old Jan 5th 2011, 9:37 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Hodgeson has a track record of achieving mediocrity with mediocre players why are Liverpool fans upset that they're getting mediocrity?

You get what you pay for
Old Jan 5th 2011, 9:59 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mport343 View Post
i know you aint bothered like but it's w4nk for us that support em!!
I think Liverpool fans need to accept that, for the next few years at least, you are going to be a mid-table side. Any chance of challenging for the title has long since gone and you will do exceptionally well to make a Europa Cup place.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 10:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Manc View Post
Hodgeson has a track record of achieving mediocrity with mediocre players why are Liverpool fans upset that they're getting mediocrity?

You get what you pay for
i don't often agree wiv u lot (mancs!) but i think your right mate, the old owners wanted a quick,cheap replacement for rafa, and they got 1!! Tight ar5e yanks!!
Old Jan 5th 2011, 10:04 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus View Post
I think Liverpool fans need to accept that, for the next few years at least, you are going to be a mid-table side. Any chance of challenging for the title has long since gone and you will do exceptionally well to make a Europa Cup place.
Liverpools biggest problem is going to be finding replacements for aging stars like Gerrard and Carra. THey dont have a large war chest, dont have the attraction of champions league footy, and without good players coming through it will be impossible to keep the likes or Reina and Torres for much longer. There is real danger of a lasting downward spiral.

Its not like there was a long line of top international talent clamoring for the job. The nucleus of the squad that finished 2nd is still there, and no one was up in arms about Hodgson being manager of the year for 2010 (which only just finished after all) so I dont know how cheap he was. Its a results based business, but you dont become a bad manager in 4 months. I guess 2 years is a long time in sport, but there is some major rebuilding to do.

Hes not a bad manager, but something aint right. Still, hes outlasted Benitez in his now job however the chips fall

Last edited by iaink; Jan 5th 2011 at 10:09 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus View Post
I know mate, i know..........we need to stop goin on about what we achieved 20 bl00dy years ago!!
Old Jan 5th 2011, 10:08 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Fernando Torres = 1 season wonder.

he's the Spanish Bobby Zamora
Old Jan 5th 2011, 10:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by iaink View Post
Liverpools biggest problem is going to be finding replacements for aging stars like Gerard and Carra. THey dont have a large war chest, dont have the attraction of champions league footy, and without good players coming through it will be impossible to keep the likes or Reina and Torres for much longer. There is real danger of a lasting downward spiral.
I think you're right.
I'm a United fan and I watched them get relegated and that was only half a dozen years after winning the title. Same scenario, aging side and poor replacements. United have always had the money to spend and it still didn't prevent that long, long, gap between titles. Liverpool are heading in that same direction and might find it even harder to make it back again.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 10:11 pm
Account Closed

I know mate, i know..........we need to stop goin on about what we achieved 20 bl00dy years ago!!
It's hard not to though. You were the most succesful club in Europe for a couple of decades and it must be tough to handle the decline in fortunes.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 10:11 pm
Account Closed

Nice analogy.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

get out man, i wouldn't go that far, he,s fine with a good supply from midfield, if we,d kept alonso then we wouldn't be so reliant on gerard, we don,t have a midfield or defense.........or attack now i think about it!!!
Old Jan 5th 2011, 10:17 pm
@matthewb76

get out man, i wouldn't go that far, he,s fine with a good supply from midfield, if we,d kept alonso then we wouldn't be so reliant on gerard, we don,t have a midfield or defense.........or attack now i think about it!!!
he had a great midfield at the world cup and did fuck all.

his best performance since 2008 was in this spanish music video

Last edited by Manc; Jan 5th 2011 at 10:33 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 10:21 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I am amazed at the level of restraint being displayed from our friends from the other end of the East Lancs.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.