Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Le Tour De Farce

Le Tour De Farce

Old Jul 7th 2006, 11:25 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Le Tour of Squashed Melons...

Originally Posted by Deb
Do you cycle Walla?....
When I was younger I used to race

I gave up because I was crap.

4 of us now
Old Jul 7th 2006, 11:51 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Le Tour of Squashed Bollocks...

Originally Posted by Deb
Do you cycle Walla?....
Is this the laundrey thread?
Old Jul 7th 2006, 12:03 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
Is this the laundrey thread?
Old Jul 7th 2006, 12:06 pm
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla
I bet the laundrey staff earned their money after yesterday's stage
Old Jul 7th 2006, 1:14 pm
Keeping it fairly real

I bet the laundrey staff earned their money after yesterday's stage
Do you think we should send the official Tour site our official laundrey thread?

It may help the washer people

Back in my day we had to do our own washing
Old Jul 7th 2006, 1:17 pm
Take it easy

Do you think we should send the official Tour site our official laundrey thread?

It may help the washer people

Back in my day we had to do our own washing
It's time to rehash that laundrey thread....just to piss some people off if nothing else.

Taking the laundrey home was the worst thing about playing footy....that week when it was your turn to do it
Old Jul 7th 2006, 1:23 pm
Keeping it fairly real

It's time to rehash that laundrey thread....just to piss some people off if nothing else.

Taking the laundrey home was the worst thing about playing footy....that week when it was your turn to do it
Revive it. I'll be back in a mo to back it up, it'll beat talking about knitting for sure....
Old Jul 7th 2006, 1:28 pm
Take it easy

Revive it. I'll be back in a mo to back it up, it'll beat talking about knitting for sure....
Bloody hell, mate. I've just been invited to an all night party....tonight

Problem is, I've got to work tomorrow morning, and we're supposed to be going to Warrnambool tomorrow. When I was younger.....

....and I'd miss le tour
Old Jul 7th 2006, 1:47 pm
Take it easy

Default Re: Le Tour De Farce

Go Maggie Backstedt!!!!!

Sorry
Old Jul 7th 2006, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

karunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to all

attitude to doping scandal in France:
First of all, most of them absolutely hated Armstrong. The scandal re.his alleged doping was uncovered by l'Equipe, which is The sports mag here in France.
More recent Spanish doping has meant that all the big hopes have been removed just before Tour started. This means to all the French that their usually very crap riders might fancy themselves with a bit of a chance. Their line is that they were crap because they were pure... i.e. everyone else used drugs but not them. (not true of course, remember Richard Virenque anyone?)
Naturally, the Tour de France being in France, they would love some French rider to shine. Their best hope is Christophe Moreau, yuk! I bet none of you has ever heard of these guys.
On a positive note about French cycling, I should mention that Jeannie Longo-Ciprelli has just won the French National Time Trial and Road Race championship. The interesting fact is that she is... 47 years old!!!
Back to the T dF. Here we have amongst other commentators, Laurent Fignon and Laurent Jalabert whom you may know if you've been following the race for some years. Plus some appalling wannabes or rather wouldhavewanted to bes, and being French, they just interrupt each other all the time and speak on top of each other, so it's better with the sound off. The good thing is that you get great coverage here, hours and hours and then post-stage programmes with interviews and snippets and details of injuries etc... McEwen is still doing very well, and quite liked here and respected. British David Millar is back (after 2 years off since he actually admitted to having taken drugs) and looking and sounding really great. He's lean, speaks endearingly good French, quietly determined, and a changed man apparently. Oscar Freire's performance yesterday was awesome, how he just shot off.
BTW I am not the fan here, my other half is, with him it's a disease actually. I just pick up bits of info and am interested also, but not to the same degree. We'll be going to watch a finish or two, as we do each year, live.
All this to say, I am not a reliable source of information, sorry guys and gals.
I am more interested in the infirmary side.
Old Jul 7th 2006, 5:52 pm
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Le Tour of Flattened Tadgers...

When I was younger I used to race

I gave up because I was crap.

4 of us now

Oh well, at least you gave it a try poppet....
Old Jul 9th 2006, 12:21 pm
Take it easy

Anybody got any predictions for Yellow Jersey in Paris after the time trial yesterday?
Old Jul 9th 2006, 2:56 pm
Keeping it fairly real

Anybody got any predictions for Yellow Jersey in Paris after the time trial yesterday?
Mickey Mouse.
Old Jul 9th 2006, 2:57 pm
Keeping it fairly real

Default Re: Le Tour of Flattened Tadgers...

Originally Posted by Deb
Oh well, at least you gave it a try poppet....
Badly
Old Jul 9th 2006, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

karunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to all

Yellow in Paris? Predictions? You must be joking. Let's wait to see the first mountain stages - Pyrenees starting Wednesday - see who can climb.
Yesterday TT was just so weird... like somebody had nicked all the best drugs from the English speaking riders - Leipheimer, Hincapie...
Yellow... did I hear the name Zabriskie?? Wild guess, not mine. As long as it's not Christophe Moreau I dont care who wins.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.