Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Irish League?

Irish League?

Old Nov 4th 2013, 4:49 pm
Account Closed

Ulsterman in Texas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Irish League?

Is there any Irish League fans on here I wouldn't mind a bit of Irish League banter on here. I'm a Linfield fan by the way.
Old Nov 4th 2013, 9:55 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Irish League?

You are MOST welcome here then, mate...a fellow Blueman in the States, great!! What's your take on the situation at Windsor right now...seems the team have 'turned the corner' after the horrendous start we made to the campaign, with Gaulty back to the player he was when he first emerged onto the scene.
Old Nov 4th 2013, 9:58 pm
Account Closed

Things are looking better for sure, it's funny how all the Glenmen on Facebook shut up when we started winning again. In fairness poor starts are the norm at Windsor for the past decade or so, but the team seem to be clicking well now.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 12:51 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, wouldn't worry about the Glens, they no longer have the ability to stick with us for a whole season and really challenge- the 'fall' of Cliftonville has been both surprising and delightful (especially after all the crowing of their fans on ILS- are you on the forums?), but I'd imagine the Crues will be the ones who will push us for the title this time.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 1:06 pm
Account Closed

I agree the Glens (AKA Inland Revenue FC) have lost a lot of ground in recent years because of financial problems and basiclly buying players they couldn't afford such as Kieth Gillespie, and I too am delighted at Cliftonville's meteoric fall, I'm not a member of the the Irish League forums but I have heard about them and I have heard about Cliftonville fans on there being quite arrogant. Crusaders obviously provide the biggest challenge but discipline is a problem for them, though if another team were to win the league other than Linfield it would be the Crues simply because I like big Steven Baxter (Him and Martin McGaughey were up front when I first started going to Linifeld matches when I was a kid in the early 90s, plus he owns a sports shop in Newtowards that I bought things out of when I was back home).
Old Nov 18th 2013, 10:13 pm
Account Closed

Not a great week for the Blues, being put out of the League Cup on penalties by Crusaders and losing to Dungannon in the league on Saturday.
Old Nov 19th 2013, 2:31 am
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

No, but one was technically a draw & the other was disappointing but still leaves us clear at the top.

With the squad and quality we have, anything less than the title will be a disaster- we have recovered from a crap start and I would expect this 'kick in the arse' to get minds focused on the task at hand again.
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 3:06 pm
Gamers Rise Up

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

'Ello, 'ello

Nice to see some avenue of discussion for NI footie. I'm a Linfield man myself, though I'll admit to having an affinity for Carrick Rangers as well, since they're my home team and all that.

Though I lived in the Village for a year (could see Windsor Park from my bedroom window) and was born in the Royal so I guess Linfield are sort of my home team as well
Old Feb 15th 2014, 7:50 pm
Account Closed

So what do you make of big Davy going at the end of the season?
Old Feb 16th 2014, 2:58 am
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Delighted, mate- whilst no-one can ever deny the man's record of success at the Club, I've never been a fan of Davy (his antics at times were a disgrace to the post he held), and quite honestly, with the financial advantage we have over all the other IL clubs, we should be winning the title every year, not struggling (and usually losing) to the likes of the Reds and Crues.

I'm stunned at the timing of it, and I suspect that there is an element behind the scenes that we don't know about yet, but the Club and DJ have handled it very well (dignified) in public, and it gives the MC plenty of time to sort out a successor, who may well come from the mainland on a full-time contract.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 4:30 am
Account Closed

I've heard rumors that David Healy will be the next mangier and also rumors about Spike too, but I think someone from England/Scotland could be an interesting choice. If we were to go for someone from within the Irish League I'd go for Stephen Baxter, a Blueman at heart, a good mangier and a decent bloke as well.
Old Feb 23rd 2014, 1:47 am
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Originally Posted by Ulsterman in Texas View Post
I've heard rumors that David Healy will be the next mangier and also rumors about Spike too, but I think someone from England/Scotland could be an interesting choice. If we were to go for someone from within the Irish League I'd go for Stephen Baxter, a Blueman at heart, a good mangier and a decent bloke as well.
There's more chance of ME getting the job than Baxter- he is totally despised at Windsor, both by the Club and just about every Blueman I know- I remember all too well his blatant elbows into the faces of our defenders, his nasty off-the-ball 'tackles' and his constant whinging at officials, something he never did when he played for the Blues.

I think wee Pat Fenlon will be hard to beat, though I wouldn't mind seeing Jim Magilton given a go at it if he wants it- a very decent manager in England for a while, I think he'd do well.