Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

How to Become a footballing Agent?

How to Become a footballing Agent?

Old Oct 8th 2005, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

Myharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant future
Default How to Become a footballing Agent?

Hey folks, just wondering if any one of you know how to get started by becoming an agent?
I am an African that have lived in Europe for years and now the U.S.
I have got couple of amateurs players in Liberia that are very good and been thinking alot of becoming a agent for them.
I grew up around George Weah, Christopher Wreh and some other Liberian footballers.
My country has been involved in a civil war for 14years so we've been out of the football world for awhile but now we got peace theres alot of young talents that are willing to make their name on the outside world.
Just don't know how to start representing them, Arsene wenger is one of the coaches that is willing to give African amateurs a start.
Any advice will be appreciated!
Old Oct 12th 2005, 5:52 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: How to Become a footballing Agent?

Yeah, I know everything about how to become a grossly overpaid for doing very little football agent. That's why I am living in the frozen north, sitting at a computer at 1.40am, surrounded by screaming kids, drinking metholated spirits and reading threads of stupid questions.
My sole wish in life is to continue life in abject misery and give some lazy bastard too idle to get off his arse all my wealth of money spinning knowledge.
Just out of interest, why didn't you ask George Weah or his agent or did they tell you you'd get better advise from a British expats forum?
Old Oct 12th 2005, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Myharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant future

Why are you been rude for no reason?
you didn't have to reply to my tread.
Only posted on here because the expats forum have been instrumental in helping me sort out my documents..
Now that my documents is fine, I am running after my FIFA license...
Theres no need for rudeness mate...
Iam not gonna scoop to your level and tell you "**** YOU"!
Old Oct 12th 2005, 3:06 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Myharris
I would've!!
Old Oct 12th 2005, 3:31 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Rushman is a scout for NY/NJ Metrostars.

that was a bad move.
Old Oct 12th 2005, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

sprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rushman
Yeah, I know everything about how to become a grossly overpaid for doing very little football agent. That's why I am living in the frozen north, sitting at a computer at 1.40am, surrounded by screaming kids, drinking metholated spirits and reading threads of stupid questions.
My sole wish in life is to continue life in abject misery and give some lazy bastard too idle to get off his arse all my wealth of money spinning knowledge.
Just out of interest, why didn't you ask George Weah or his agent or did they tell you you'd get better advise from a British expats forum?
PMSL
Old Oct 12th 2005, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sprintblue
PMSL
bad move for who? When he's a scouts for a European team then I might care a little.
For now I give a fu*ck about his opinions..
And yea Rushman if you want it its ON>>>>
Old Oct 12th 2005, 7:24 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

bad move for who? When he's a scouts for a European team then I might care a little.
And yea Rushman if you want it its ON>>>>
give over you loon.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 1:50 am
Account Closed

Smart move coming to the US then Einstein
Old Oct 13th 2005, 5:17 am
Account Closed

Thank you, nice to be appreciated.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 5:22 am
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Hey folks, just wondering if any one of you know how to get started by becoming an agent?
I am an African that have lived in Europe for years and now the U.S.
I have got couple of amateurs players in Liberia that are very good and been thinking alot of becoming a agent for them.
I grew up around George Weah, Christopher Wreh and some other Liberian footballers.
My country has been involved in a civil war for 14years so we've been out of the football world for awhile but now we got peace theres alot of young talents that are willing to make their name on the outside world.
Just don't know how to start representing them, Arsene wenger is one of the coaches that is willing to give African amateurs a start.
Any advice will be appreciated!
If your Liberian players are as good as you say they are get them a proper agent. Especially if they want to play in the USA.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NJ_Dave
If your Liberian players are as good as you say they are get them a proper agent. Especially if they want to play in the USA.
Liberia has been involved in a bloody civil war for the past 14 years, its was two days ago we had a peaceful elections with the help of the UN, and the U.S.
While I was in the U.K I tried to get a licence through FIFA, but the process is long and expensive (insurance and Stuff). i am headed to Liberia in december to get it through my FA.
I've taken players to Leeds, Portsmouth, Wigam amongst others, coudn't really negogiate because I didn't have a licence and the agent I was working with tried to close me outta a deal.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 10:52 pm
@matthewb76

Liberia has been involved in a bloody civil war for the past 14 years, its was two days ago we had a peaceful elections with the help of the UN, and the U.S.
While I was in the U.K I tried to get a licence through FIFA, but the process is long and expensive (insurance and Stuff). i am headed to Liberia in december to get it through my FA.
I've taken players to Leeds, Portsmouth, Wigam amongst others, coudn't really negogiate because I didn't have a licence and the agent I was working with tried to close me outta a deal.
I am good friends with Ryan Giggs, He is currently unhappy with his representation. How long will it be before you are licensed?
maybe I can put in a good word like...........
Old Oct 13th 2005, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Manc
I am good friends with Ryan Giggs, He is currently unhappy with his representation. How long will it be before you are licensed?
maybe I can put in a good word like...........
lol..
give me some encouragement mate....
Old Oct 13th 2005, 11:05 pm
@matthewb76

lol..
give me some encouragement mate....
oh sorry my mistake, I meant Bryan Giggs, the welder from Skelmersdale, he plays for Prescott in the East Lancs Sunday League.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.