Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Hometown Boy?

Hometown Boy?

Old Mar 22nd 2004, 6:46 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough
Default Hometown Boy?

How many people on here actually support their hometown team?????

C'MON CITY!!!!!!!!!

(thats Bradford not Manchester like all the trend followers!)

Old Mar 22nd 2004, 6:52 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hometown Boy?

Originally posted by loose

C'MON CITY!!!!!!!!!

I was born in Wythenshawe Hospital, Greater Manchester.
As a kid my grandfather used to take me to Old Trafford.
I supported them until I was 16.
Until then I could get in the Stretford End for 3 quid on a Saturday. Grab a programme and bus fare home for less than a fiver.

Then as I turned 16 they knocked the Stretford End down, and charged me full price for being 16 and then wanted more for the privilidge of sitting down. So in a year, the price went from 3 quid to nearer 20 for each game.

I have been to Old Trafford twice since 1992, and one of those times was a concert.

Upon going to Stockport college, I went with my mates to watch Stockport at Edgeley Park, They used to pay on Friday nights and was around the corner from the college.

I haven't looked back since really.
I was born in Manchester and supported United, but as I grew up I realised they weren't interested in local kids like me, They want the out of town fans and foreigners. Who go to maybe 2 or 3 games per year and once the game is over spend a shitload of cash in the souvenier shop, rather than just getting the bus home.

It is also a known statistic that during the time of the Stretford End being knocked down, the membership of Salford Rugby League team almost doubled. coinkydink? me thinks not. United lost a lot of their younger local support in the early nineties despite being on the verge of greatness.
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 7:04 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by loose

C'MON CITY!!!!!!!!!

i was born 43 miles from highbury(thof) and have been a gooner since it was instilled into me by my best mate at infant school (cheers dan)!still got my first bobble hat with name tag for school innit and my commemerative 1979 fa cup winners mug sits proudly on my monitor(how sad i am)
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 1:56 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

43 miles!!!!!

Who are you? Nick Hornby?

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 6:13 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Born in Nottingham. Am and will always be Forest. Prem. Div1,2,3 or Conference Im Forest
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 6:33 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jack Daws
Div,2,3 or Conference Im Forest
Might be sooner than you think JD
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 6:35 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by manc1976
Might be sooner than you think JD
Cheeky shit
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

dave.t is an unknown quantity at this point

At a very early stage in life an auntie of mine knitted a blue and white scarf and a claret and blue scarf , one for me and one for my brother , luckily I ended up with the claret and blue one and my poor brother got the unlucky one .
Born in Brum - Villa `till I die
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

Muzzman is an unknown quantity at this point

Born in Liverpool - still live within 20 miles.

Dad got to me first so I'm a red (true red that is).

First game 74 cup final (I was 5).

Muzzman
Old Mar 25th 2004, 3:07 am
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Lived on the edge of London, Dad's family are from highbury, islington, finsbury area so it wasnt a wise idea to support any team other than Arsenal, though my cousin is a QPR fan.

Nearest team we had was Brentford I suppose? Or Hayes town?
Old Mar 25th 2004, 4:30 pm
@matthewb76

Originally posted by mattbutt
Nearest team we had was Brentford I suppose?
I'd be an Arsenal fan too mate.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 12:17 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Born in Peel Street hospital in Nottingham and have supported Forest all my life.

Will be one of the hardest things to give up my trips to the City Ground with the lads.

TT
Old Mar 26th 2004, 2:06 pm
@matthewb76

Originally posted by TrickyTree
Will be one of the hardest things to give up my trips to the City Ground with the lads.
Not as hard as it will be for the Pie fans to give up trips to MFI park once their craphole has gone bankrupt and sold.

happy birthday btw TT.

My Old man was born in Carlton and has remained a Forest fan despite them being crap.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 2:22 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Good man glad your old man is still keeping the faith.

Did he pass it onto his son?????????

Thanks for the birthday wishes.
Let the weekend of drinking begin once work is over.

TT

Originally posted by manc1976
Not as hard as it will be for the Pie fans to give up trips to MFI park once their craphole has gone bankrupt and sold.

happy birthday btw TT.

My Old man was born in Carlton and has remained a Forest fan despite them being crap.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 2:27 pm
@matthewb76

Originally posted by TrickyTree
Did he pass it onto his son?????????

TT
Nah he moved to Manchester as a kid, see my post above.

However, he nearly got divorced from my mum when I was a kid. He was working in Dubai and came back to UK in May 1977 (or so) and immediately turned around and flew off to Munich. My mum weren't too impressed let me tell you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.