Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The Hitmans Chances

The Hitmans Chances

Old Jun 5th 2005, 2:42 pm
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Hitmans Chances

What a fantastic fight, I have a sore throat and a huge hangover..

I ended up watching it in a pub half full of Miguel Cotto followers, trying

to convince me he is No.1 after the neighbour who told me he

had Showtime didn't :scared: . I was glad to see it anywhere...

Fantastic it will be interesting to see who wants to fight the Hitman next.

Predictions anyone.....maybe Cotto??? Did I hear the name Corrales???
Old Jun 6th 2005, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by evoal2003
What a fantastic fight, I have a sore throat and a huge hangover..

I ended up watching it in a pub half full of Miguel Cotto followers, trying

to convince me he is No.1 after the neighbour who told me he

had Showtime didn't :scared: . I was glad to see it anywhere...

Fantastic it will be interesting to see who wants to fight the Hitman next.

Predictions anyone.....maybe Cotto??? Did I hear the name Corrales???
I reckon Hatton v cotto as its been muted for a while however maybe a few people might be running scared of Ricky as nobody outside of Britain gave him even a slim hope of winning let alone in the way he did it
Old Jun 6th 2005, 9:46 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco
Watched it in the pub with abot 200 hundred aussies baying for Rickys blood - never seen a pub empty so fast after the fight!!!! Now its a case "he was over the hill anyway" , " He's not aussie he's Russian " and finally "he never recovered from that low blow by Hatton" - Aussies great winners but sore losers!!!!!

was the same sort of stuff here in melbourne. Was stood in the pub with me west ham scarf on next to a load of lads in man city shirts/hats etc. was good fun poking fun at the aussies and their "Tszyu, Tszyu, Tszyu" chants
Old Jun 7th 2005, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by NJJ
was the same sort of stuff here in melbourne. Was stood in the pub with me west ham scarf on next to a load of lads in man city shirts/hats etc. was good fun poking fun at the aussies and their "Tszyu, Tszyu, Tszyu" chants
yeh was friendly banter till Tszyu lost!!!!!
Old Jun 7th 2005, 1:33 am
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon Hatton v cotto as its been muted for a while however maybe a few people might be running scared of Ricky as nobody outside of Britain gave him even a slim hope of winning let alone in the way he did it
I'm going to be watching Cotto here in his home town, even if he's boxing in NY on Saturday. It should be good I like him as a boxer.

Pity he has a number 35 opponent for competition, I think it's a time filler, he's hoping to fight the winner of Gatti, Mayweather...but who isn't.

I think Cotto will win within 4 rounds.

Hatton *IS* mandatory contender for Cotto's title, but would he want it?

Are both Hatton and Cotto waiting to see if they can fight the winner of June 25.

All will be seen.

Last question.... what will KT do??????????????
Old Jun 7th 2005, 1:36 am
Payed up premium member

Cotto has always maintained he'd go to Manchester to fight Hatton, that was *before* Hatton won. So now I expect more so...
Old Jun 8th 2005, 11:11 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to behold

yeh was friendly banter till Tszyu lost!!!!!

were you also really pissed off with the PPV coverage?? (the Tszyu/Hatton fight) I'd also be interested to hear if Evoal2003 was too. Here in Melbourne I'm glad I went to a bar with no cover charge to watch it as if I'd got the PPV I'd have probably asked for my money back if I had to pay for same coverage of the fight.

Between each round there was no commentry or listening in on each corner as they cut to bourbon ads between each round. this also meant that when tszyu retired just before the 12th, they cut the ads short as it was unexpected and we were left with ricky lying on his meat rack, arms in air with no commentry for 20-30secs or so as the commentators thought they were still at ad break between rounds!! Everyone in the bar was looking at each other bemused for the 20secs or so until we realised what was going on..

as I say, if it was only a thing that happened in bars around the country where there was no cover charge that's fair enough. If it happened to PPV cusomers at home too, I know for sure that if I was one of them I would be seriously disgruntled and be requesting money back as there were ads on when the result of the fight was called.

NJJ
Old Jun 8th 2005, 3:17 pm
Payed up premium member

Originally Posted by NJJ
were you also really pissed off with the PPV coverage?? (the Tszyu/Hatton fight) I'd also be interested to hear if Evoal2003 was too. Here in Melbourne I'm glad I went to a bar with no cover charge to watch it as if I'd got the PPV I'd have probably asked for my money back if I had to pay for same coverage of the fight.

Between each round there was no commentry or listening in on each corner as they cut to bourbon ads between each round. this also meant that when tszyu retired just before the 12th, they cut the ads short as it was unexpected and we were left with ricky lying on his meat rack, arms in air with no commentry for 20-30secs or so as the commentators thought they were still at ad break between rounds!! Everyone in the bar was looking at each other bemused for the 20secs or so until we realised what was going on..

as I say, if it was only a thing that happened in bars around the country where there was no cover charge that's fair enough. If it happened to PPV cusomers at home too, I know for sure that if I was one of them I would be seriously disgruntled and be requesting money back as there were ads on when the result of the fight was called.

NJJ
Yes same shite coverage, ads between rounds. It was on regular Showtime here not pay per view. I think that we have been spoilt with the Sky sports guys not to mention UK pay per view . I know what you mean about the corner talks between rounds gives you more feeling as to what there doing.

Cotto is pay per view this weekend, I suppose because I'm in Puerto Rico.
His opponent is number 35 in the world...
But in fairness Cotto before this has had some big name boxers so fair is fair.
I think he will be out to make a big impression with an early stoppage.

My opinion it won't go past round 4....

Anyone else???

Last thought I see Witter and Cotto are banging the Hatton drum, I know they both wanted to fight him before but it seems the same faces same question....

Go for the big money Hatton, would be my advice the winner of Gatti/Mayweather.. make hay whilst the sunshines.

alan
Old Jun 8th 2005, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes same shite coverage, ads between rounds. It was on regular Showtime here not pay per view. I think that we have been spoilt with the Sky sports guys not to mention UK pay per view . I know what you mean about the corner talks between rounds gives you more feeling as to what there doing.

Cotto is pay per view this weekend, I suppose because I'm in Puerto Rico.
His opponent is number 35 in the world...
But in fairness Cotto before this has had some big name boxers so fair is fair.
I think he will be out to make a big impression with an early stoppage.

My opinion it won't go past round 4

Anyone else???

Last thought I see Witter and Cotto are banging the Hatton drum, I know they both wanted to fight him before but it seems the same faces same question....

Go for the big money Hatton, would be my advice the winner of Gatti/Mayweather.. make hay whilst the sunshines.

alan
Cant see witter v Hatton happening - Witter has to prove himself at world level before he deserves a shot - needs to do better then he did against Zab Judah
Old Jun 8th 2005, 10:20 pm
Payed up premium member

Cant see witter v Hatton happening - Witter has to prove himself at world level before he deserves a shot - needs to do better then he did against Zab Judah
So you fancy; Mayweather/Gatti(the winner), Cotto... or Corrales??????

Old Jun 8th 2005, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

So you fancy; Mayweather/Gatti(the winner), Cotto... or Corrales??????

cotto I think as it was talked about before the Tzyu match was arranged
Old Jun 8th 2005, 10:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

cotto I think as it was talked about before the Tzyu match was arranged
What will happen to Tzyu? He didn't have a rematch clause in the contract did he?
Old Jun 8th 2005, 11:05 pm
Payed up premium member

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
What will happen to Tzyu? He didn't have a rematch clause in the contract did he?
More than likely yes. He was offered a re-match by Ricky on the night.
The win was to convincing to warrant a rematch but it is possible if he
wanted it.

Maybe *IF* he doesn't retire I think you'll see him fight at a different
weight division.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

More than likely yes. He was offered a re-match by Ricky on the night.
The win was to convincing to warrant a rematch but it is possible if he
wanted it.

Maybe *IF* he doesn't retire I think you'll see him fight at a different
weight division.
I honestly dont think he will back as i dont think his heart is in it anymore hence his retirement with one round to go
Old Jun 11th 2005, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

I see Ordinary Harrison won last night

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.