GB Team

Old Jul 20th 2012, 7:06 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default GB Team

I am currently watching GB v Brazil.

I have never seen a GB team before, I was curious how I would respond, and it is with a great deal of non interest. It just doesn't seem right. Win or lose, I do not think I care.
Old Jul 21st 2012, 4:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GB Team

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
I am currently watching GB v Brazil.

I have never seen a GB team before, I was curious how I would respond, and it is with a great deal of non interest. It just doesn't seem right. Win or lose, I do not think I care.

I think that will be a common sentiment.

I think the interest of most footie fans is about 95% with their club, then smatterings for local rivals, those teams around theirs in the league, the "big" clubs, the big Eurpean sides, their national side and other national sides. Perhaps in that order. So it stands to reason that most people couldn't care less about a Team GB.

Will there even be any chants or songs, I wonder ??
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

fromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to all

It's not even a true GB team without any Scots and NI players.
Let's just hope this is a one off "experiment" solely for the purpose of filling stadia in the host nation and will never rear it's ugly head again.
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 4:00 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

I think the fact that any players from England's Euro squad weren't allowed to be picked, despite other teams such as Spain including several Euro players, makes it a bit of a joke. If you can't pick your "best" players then why bother?
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 5:01 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fromthemanorborn View Post
It's not even a true GB team without any Scots and NI players.
Let's just hope this is a one off "experiment" solely for the purpose of filling stadia in the host nation and will never rear it's ugly head again.
GB team would not include N Irish anyway
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 5:05 pm
Fair and balanced

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
I think the fact that any players from England's Euro squad weren't allowed to be picked, despite other teams such as Spain including several Euro players, makes it a bit of a joke. If you can't pick your "best" players then why bother?
I thought under UEFA rules players competing in Euro 12 had to be given 4 weeks rest after the event. I assumed this was the reason for the absence of those players.
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

fromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to all

GB team would not include N Irish anyway
You mean because they have no players of the quality to make the grade or you making some geographical point?
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 6:14 pm
Fair and balanced

Originally Posted by fromthemanorborn View Post
You mean because they have no players of the quality to make the grade or you making some geographical point?
Geographic point; I do not know why it is called Team GB, when it actually seems to be Team UK.
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

Geographic point; I do not know why it is called Team GB, when it actually seems to be Team UK.
Yeah, Team UK does make more sense.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 12:51 am
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

I thought under UEFA rules players competing in Euro 12 had to be given 4 weeks rest after the event. I assumed this was the reason for the absence of those players.
Nope, it was the FA that decided according to the BBC.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18909061
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 12:54 am
Fair and balanced

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
Nope, it was the FA that decided according to the BBC.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18909061
Thanks for that link
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 9:05 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

if no-one gives a shit why are all 3 GB group games sold out?
Old Jul 24th 2012, 12:37 pm
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc View Post
if no-one gives a shit why are all 3 GB group games sold out?
Because everyone wants to see a bit of the Olympics on their home turf and a bit of shite footie, against a potentially better nation would be more appealing than watching the fencing to some?

I've got mates watching some right shit events that they couldn't even care less about, but are just happy to have been picked in the lottery for any thing really.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 7:58 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

A mate has tickets for the Toga v Egypt (or something equally terrible) match. He was really pleased at the time to have got anyting - however now that they've given plenty of football tickets away and are closing tiers due to lack of interest he isn't so delighted.