Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Formula 1 Thread

Formula 1 Thread

Old Oct 18th 2005, 5:19 am
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Formula 1 Thread

Originally Posted by Desert Dweller
5 months until the new season isn't it? www.formula1.com is the best for timings as they have a countdown in the top right corner- great if you're travelling and have no idea what timezone you're in!

I missed the Chinese GP as there is no time difference between Shanghai and Hong Kong (European ones are perfect- 9pm at night!) and i was busy. I really wanted to watch it but I'm glad I didn't make too much effort to do so. It's a pity it was such an anti-climax as Shanghai really wanted to have the drivers and constructors decided there. In the end renault took the constructors with no real fight. Though I think JPM would have bottled it if he was the decider and spun off on the last corner!

It will be interesting if maclaren get bought out by Merc, Red Bull turns the ex-Minardi team round like they did with Jaguar, Honda hopefully wont follow Toyota into no mans land and Ferrari will hopefully continiue with their pathetic results ad infinutum!
i think its only a matter of time till merc buyout mclaren as they already own a 40% stake in the team.

Ant
Old Oct 18th 2005, 6:40 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone catch any of the A1 GP?

I've still to see one but it looks like it should be fun. There's lots of guys in it such as Verstappen, Schneider, Piquet Jr, Yoong etc, etc.
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 6:35 am
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone catch any of the A1 GP?

I've still to see one but it looks like it should be fun. There's lots of guys in it such as Verstappen, Schneider, Piquet Jr, Yoong etc, etc.
no - i never saw it, what stations (us if any) is it televised on??

Anthony
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 7:17 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Take a lok at www.a1gp.com they list them there (and can do streaming too!!) Ecclestone has a lot to learn!
Originally Posted by antjen
no - i never saw it, what stations (us if any) is it televised on??

Anthony
Old Oct 24th 2005, 12:08 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

i think its only a matter of time till merc buyout mclaren as they already own a 40% stake in the team.

Ant
I wonder if the McLaren/Merc engines are still made in England by Ilmor? Anyone know? As far as I knew, Mercedes were only the bankroll and all the parts etc were mostly still made in England.

I'm a wee (?) bit out of touch lately.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 12:11 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

So longf as wqe don't have the usual idiots coming in, saying "hi there, how're you?" and then the thread goes on for 9 pages with an inane conversation between 4 people!

Aaah, feel better now!
Hi there how're you?
Old Oct 24th 2005, 12:12 am
Just me!

Originally Posted by rushman
I wonder if the McLaren/Merc engines are still made in England by Ilmor? Anyone know? As far as I knew, Mercedes were only the bankroll and all the parts etc were mostly still made in England.

I'm a wee (?) bit out of touch lately.
i believe they are still being made my ilmor, though ilmor is being brought out by merc, makes sense really!

Anthony
Old Oct 27th 2005, 4:41 am
Just me!

so what do people think of the new qualifying system passed for next year??

personaly i think it sucks!! - they should go back to the system they had a few years ago - all drivers have 12 laps to do as many low fuel runs as they can, rather than this strategic driving business!!

anyone else think the proposed new rear wing design looks kinda embaressing?? - kind of thing you expect to see on a formula ford!!! - i just hope it doesnt go through!!

Anthony
Old Oct 27th 2005, 5:13 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

so what do people think of the new qualifying system passed for next year??

personaly i think it sucks!! - they should go back to the system they had a few years ago - all drivers have 12 laps to do as many low fuel runs as they can, rather than this strategic driving business!!

anyone else think the proposed new rear wing design looks kinda embaressing?? - kind of thing you expect to see on a formula ford!!! - i just hope it doesnt go through!!

Anthony

Give me the rough gist of the new qualifying system. Haven't been paying attention lately.

I will say that I don't think the racing is as exciting with the refuelling during the races as it was when all cars started on the grid with full tanks, only pitted for tyres and had a bit more of a level playing Field which promoted closer racing from the start of the race. Fuel strategies don't make for tighter racing as much as actual overtaking does.

However, as its been in force for quite a few years now I guess they aren't going to fix that f**k up.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 5:44 am
Just me!

Post Re: Formula 1 Thread

Originally Posted by rushman
Give me the rough gist of the new qualifying system. Haven't been paying attention lately.

I will say that I don't think the racing is as exciting with the refuelling during the races as it was when all cars started on the grid with full tanks, only pitted for tyres and had a bit more of a level playing Field which promoted closer racing from the start of the race. Fuel strategies don't make for tighter racing as much as actual overtaking does.

However, as its been in force for quite a few years now I guess they aren't going to fix that f**k up.
well the qualifying session is split nto 3 mini knock out sessions, after the first 15 mins the 5 slowest are knocked out, the next 15 mins the other 15 (assuming its a 20 car grid) get to qualify again, and the next slowest 5 are knocked out, then finally the last 10 get to qualify for the top 10 grid slots - though on race fuel in the last mini session

and tyre changes have been re introduced.

Anthony
Old Oct 27th 2005, 5:59 am
Account Closed

well the qualifying session is split nto 3 mini knock out sessions, after the first 15 mins the 5 slowest are knocked out, the next 15 mins the other 15 (assuming its a 20 car grid) get to qualify again, and the next slowest 5 are knocked out, then finally the last 10 get to qualify for the top 10 grid slots - though on race fuel in the last mini session

Anthony
Well with tyre changes re introduced and if they would stop that refuelling bollocks they might actually have a series of races again. Instead of the occasional race.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 6:19 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Anthony
sounds a load of shite, boring and will put people off bothering to watch it to me....might as well watch touring car races...which are far more fun these days anyway...
Old Oct 27th 2005, 6:42 am
Just me!

Originally Posted by Bob
sounds a load of shite, boring and will put people off bothering to watch it to me....might as well watch touring car races...which are far more fun these days anyway...
I agree - they are trying to artificaly stimulate the sport!!

Anthony
Old Oct 31st 2005, 4:52 am
Just me!

Has anyone heard who the new Williams driver for next year will be ? - to replace heidfield, i have read in articles, writers reffereing to Nico Rosberg being next years race driver, but i never saw any official announcement - did i miss this?????

Anthony
Old Nov 6th 2005, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold

I agree - they are trying to artificaly stimulate the sport!!

Anthony

they have been trying do that for years with no real success, the rules change every year.

I think the A1 GP have a good format with two races. Also I like the boost idea. Althought I know the driver can up the revs in a F1 car for an overtaking manuover. Is the two race one engine rule still in force? I think that with the evidence of the Japanese GP. Were Kimi had an engine change and still won the race from starting way back in the field and using a very different stratedgy some what makes the rule useless. Why not change the engine every race to ensure reliability and take the chance of being still able to put in a competative race?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.