Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Formula 1 fans?

Formula 1 fans?

Old May 7th 2014, 1:25 pm
Gamers Rise Up

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Formula 1 fans?

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post

Should be ok on some of the newer circuits... Less scenery to render.
Yes, they should be thankful we don't live in an age of creativity
Old May 10th 2014, 4:30 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

LOL Maldonado.
Old May 11th 2014, 8:51 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

LOL Maldonado.
and a stop and go during the race for causing a collision.
Old May 11th 2014, 11:48 pm
Gamers Rise Up

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

LOL Maldonado.
Is he becoming the de Cesaris of the current era, do you think?
Old May 12th 2014, 11:21 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Is he becoming the de Cesaris of the current era, do you think?

You have to wonder, how much is he bringing to the team moneywise v how much is he costing the team in repairs, lost advertising revenue and missed championship points?

This is his 4th year in F1, you would think he could at least pull out of (or into for that matter) the pit lane without crashing.

As for the race... Meh.

Interesting to see some of the results... Bottas beating Massa was a good result. Vettel drove well, I thought, given his start position.

Umm.. Well,.. did anything else happen?

Ok... Now I think about it, maybe we do need Maldonado, cos that was the most entertaining thing over the three days.
Old May 12th 2014, 1:04 pm
Gamers Rise Up

You have to wonder, how much is he bringing to the team moneywise v how much is he costing the team in repairs, lost advertising revenue and missed championship points?

This is his 4th year in F1, you would think he could at least pull out of (or into for that matter) the pit lane without crashing.

As for the race... Meh.

Interesting to see some of the results... Bottas beating Massa was a good result. Vettel drove well, I thought, given his start position.

Umm.. Well,.. did anything else happen?

Ok... Now I think about it, maybe we do need Maldonado, cos that was the most entertaining thing over the three days.
I think he won the Spanish Grand Prix last year as well

But you may have a point, we do need some utter incompetence that I think has been lacking since they switched to 11 teams and no semblance of a 'some drivers might not qualify'.
Old May 13th 2014, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Who was the Mercedes guy that was sent to pick up the constructors trophy? I think it was a competition winner rather than an actual team member LOL. Uncomfortable isn't the word when they were in the room waiting to go out on to the podium. It was my favorite part of the race LOL.
Old May 13th 2014, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by markonline1 View Post
Who was the Mercedes guy that was sent to pick up the constructors trophy? I think it was a competition winner rather than an actual team member LOL. Uncomfortable isn't the word when they were in the room waiting to go out on to the podium. It was my favorite part of the race LOL.
Since they started doing those dreadful "podium interviews", I have been turning off as soon as the chequered flag drops. I would imagine tension must be growing in the Mercedes garage though.

With regard to Maldonado, I saw one suggestion that Lotus should make him a cheap car that he can just use for crashing into stuff, then they can spend all of their actual budget on upgrades for Grosjean.
Old May 13th 2014, 11:02 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Since they started doing those dreadful "podium interviews", I have been turning off as soon as the chequered flag drops. I would imagine tension must be growing in the Mercedes garage though.

With regard to Maldonado, I saw one suggestion that Lotus should make him a cheap car that he can just use for crashing into stuff, then they can spend all of their actual budget on upgrades for Grosjean.
Old May 13th 2014, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Are the cars about to get louder again.....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/27369884
Old May 14th 2014, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

The savior of F1, Mercedes new trumpet exhaust

(And you all thought the cars couldn't get more ridiculous looking)
Old May 14th 2014, 11:09 am

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...C2C0B39BBC.jpg

Don't start me off again. I did my rant about this further up-thread somewhere.

[Edit] And it sounds shit anyway. Bonus. http://www.mobypicture.com/user/pius.../view/16896640

Last edited by Nutek; May 14th 2014 at 11:49 am. Reason: Link added
Old May 14th 2014, 2:45 pm
Gamers Rise Up

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...C2C0B39BBC.jpg

I suppose it now adds validity to the statement "he's right up my trumpet" ...
Old May 14th 2014, 4:54 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Next someone will find a way to pump the exhaust gas out under high pressure and turn it into a thrust mechanism. Then it will get banned.
Old May 14th 2014, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rosberg has tweeted the trumpet didn't work. The noise was no louder. That's the end of that then. Good.

Last edited by markonline1; May 14th 2014 at 7:42 pm.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.