Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Formula 1 fans?

Formula 1 fans?

Old Jan 12th 2021, 1:43 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Formula 1 fans?

Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
New schedule as Australia got pushed:

I hope that Race 3 in early May is run in an empty supermarket carpark at 2am. "Milton Keynes Grand Prix" or something like that. It's where most young people congregate for their motorsport anyway.
Imola

Actually, scrap Bahrain, Sochi and (especially) Abu Dhabi and just use Imola for those too.

And Mexico City.
Old Jan 12th 2021, 9:35 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I overlooked that China appears to have fallen out completely at this stage. I guess they don't want too many too much independent Covid-19 testing going on when they're trying to conceal a pandemic. I think Vietnam also opted out for similar reasons.
Old Jan 16th 2021, 2:38 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Quite a few on the F1 grid seem to be getting Coronavirus at the moment. I suppose that's probably broadly representative as it rapidly sweeps through the wider population across developed countries. Keeping teams racing could be a real challenge in the early part of the year given the constraints on distancing.
Old Jan 16th 2021, 2:08 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I overlooked that China appears to have fallen out completely at this stage. I guess they don't want too many too much independent Covid-19 testing going on when they're trying to conceal a pandemic. I think Vietnam also opted out for similar reasons.
I suspect Vietnam was more what the Geordies would call an Amanda Stavely issue - when it came to show us the money there wasn't any?

Moreover, I read somewhere that the Hanoi People's Committee chairman, Nguyen Duc Chung, was arrested in August on corruption charges which are the "political issues" referred to on some web sites.
Old Feb 12th 2021, 8:58 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Might slow his moaning up a bit this season, if he has to rest his jaw.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/56040612
Old Feb 12th 2021, 9:05 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like we are going to get sprint races to replace qualifying but the incredibly stupid reverse grid idea has been dropped
Old Feb 12th 2021, 9:35 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury View Post
Might slow his moaning up a bit this season, if he has to rest his jaw.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/56040612
To be fair to the driver, it’s almost impossible to miss his mouth.
Old Feb 12th 2021, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
Looks like we are going to get sprint races to replace qualifying but the incredibly stupid reverse grid idea has been dropped
Qualifying was the only part of the weekend that didn’t need fixing.
Old Feb 12th 2021, 9:38 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
yep agree with you there bud
Old Feb 12th 2021, 9:48 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

I thought qualifying had been moved to Friday, the result of which sets the grip for the sprint race on Saturday, the result of which sets the grip for the GP. For three races this year. How could that possibly not improve things.
Old Feb 12th 2021, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by lansbury View Post
I thought qualifying had been moved to Friday, the result of which sets the grip for the sprint race on Saturday, the result of which sets the grip for the GP. For three races this year. How could that possibly not improve things.
Pretty sure all a sprint race will do is normalize the grid in the event that any unusual event occurs in qually. That or the less well off teams will trundle around desperately trying not to damage their cars because they don’t have the spares for the main race.
Old Feb 13th 2021, 1:35 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Pretty sure all a sprint race will do is normalize the grid in the event that any unusual event occurs in qually. That or the less well off teams will trundle around desperately trying not to damage their cars because they don’t have the spares for the main race.
yeah that's what I thought but at least they are trying it for just the 3 races and can see how it goes
Old Feb 14th 2021, 4:28 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Amen to that Nutek.

That being said, it might be exciting, so I'm going to reserve knocking it too much. I have just enjoyed the qualifying shoot outs and drivers backing up and all that jazz so far.
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 11:04 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

VAG are looking at F1 again. That said one of the manufacturers F1 tried to attract by going hybrid was VAG but they flaked out. Don't get your hopes up.
Old Mar 4th 2021, 1:12 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

VAG are looking at F1 again. That said one of the manufacturers F1 tried to attract by going hybrid was VAG but they flaked out. Don't get your hopes up.
also some stories that Porsche might be looking at FI but likewise I'm not getting hopes up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.